Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

Dorset

Retired Old ■■■■:
Hi, toshboy. Any idea who built the odd cabs on those A-series of Amey’s?

Hi ROF, Yes, i seem to remember the drivers naming them as “Pigs” but the maker was Neville i believe ,apparently to allow a longer body than normal , not sure if the chassis were extended as well. Ameys loved messing around like that.

Cheers, matey. I’d not seen one before.

These thanks to Andy Breeden.
Oily

Bedford Andrew Breeden 27244500736_c410590298 ab_k.jpg

Bedford Abu Dhabi andrew breeden 26991146590_42a1a2fc3e_abk.jpg

From New Zealand.
Oily

Our old Bedford.

WP_20160727_003.jpg

WP_20160727_002.jpg

just a few of the many TK’s my dad owned over the years. the 3 identical lutons were reg 41MT,42MT and 48MT, great reg’s , worth more than the motors.

[lParked up & retired…

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

Hey, still alive in Belgium, hopely will be restored and not exported, is as nearly new.

Eric,

Taken last year in far Nth Queensland appears to be in daily use … they pop up all over Australia

I remember back in the mid 70’s, RD Freeman (Leighton Buzzard) had a contract with a local tyre company, and in their colours he had a tiny TK artic with a scamell coupling and single wheel 28’ trailer.If you got the wrong side of the transport manager, Geoffrey Freeman, the guvn’rs cousin, you copped a load of tyres to BL Longbridge. Like driving a Tonka toy it was. Horrible little b***ard. The truck that is, Not geoff…
I ended up with a stretched chassis brand new LB81 sleeper cab on journey work. The first new motor Freeman ever bought i think, then he bought 2 more but lost the Electrolux contract to Woodrich, then went bust…or retired. I’d left by then.

Found on the net.
Bedford with 2 engines.

That’s interesting. Competition for the twin-engine Ford D-series, presumably.

Trilex wheels :confused:

OH, NO! :cry:

i spotted an old bonneted Bedford (j-series perhaps),advertising something or other near Newport on the IOW yesterday.

I did my apprenticeship with a Vauxhall / Bedford main dealer in Sussex (Tates) from 1074 till about 1978 and worked on them. Working under the side engine flaps was sometimes a pain depending on what you were doing but otherwise very simple and easy. Decent workhorses really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu Eastwood:
I did my apprenticeship with a Vauxhall / Bedford main dealer in Sussex (Tates) from 1074 till about 1978 and worked on them. Working under the side engine flaps was sometimes a pain depending on what you were doing but otherwise very simple and easy. Decent workhorses really

Lets not forget the ■■■■■■■ self tapping screws that often poked you in the head…

Greetings,All. Also the two holes to the right of the driver’s head that you could use to open crown cap bottles. :smiling_imp:

blimey stew that was a long apprenticeship 1074 to 1978, I only did 4 years at selbys garage, Bedford dealer in poole,
and that included a stint at the rtitb diesel fuel school at high ercall. and the Bedford j type carryfast-yeti saw was a blue luton advertising beds, it looked rather good to.