Becoming an od (help and rates)

Beau Nydel:
23 years old, no experience - love to be a fly on the wall during the conversation with the insurance man just for starters!
Admire the ambition but to start from scratch in an industry that most of us see as going downhill rapidly not so much a business plan as a death wish. AND do not use the profits from your existing business to subsidise the new one -keep them stand alone or you’ll lose them both-possibly or rather probably.
However good luck with whatever you do but think deeply before jumping in.

25 years old with 2 years no claims bonus, 2 lorries, what have you done?

Conor:
Post your company registration number/company name so we can go to Companies House, download your accounts and judge for ourselves how well its going.

Think Conor fancies himself being on Dragons Den

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Sorry didn’t read the posting dates :frowning: Well done that man. Does AndrewG still exist or indeed did he ever?

DF40:
Think Conor fancies himself.

FTFY. :laughing:

One of the funniest things I’ve seen written on a truck is (paraphrased) “the quickest way to become a millionaire in transport is to start with 2 million” [emoji23]
Never a truer word spoken in jest.

Beau Nydel:
Sorry didn’t read the posting dates :frowning: Well done that man. Does AndrewG still exist or indeed did he ever?

Hmmm…I wonder [emoji57]

Conor:
Post your company registration number/company name so we can go to Companies House, download your accounts and judge for ourselves how well its going.

Claims to be an expert in tax affairs, Doesnt understand the difference between a companies tax returns and how well its actually doing.
Youre comedy gold conor

Regardless if the OP has succeeded & can prove this. (Although who is really interested in anyone else’s finances obviously has to much time on their hands). And wouldn’t tell anyone wanting to know where a bird’s nest is.
If he has well done…good on ye… if not it’s not really effecting anyone else’s life so does it really matter??

The-Snowman:

Conor:

Claims to be an expert in EVERYTHING
Youre comedy gold conor

Again…FTFY. :wink:
I’m on a Conor themed roll here. :sunglasses: :laughing:

robroy:

The-Snowman:

Conor:

Claims to be an expert in EVERYTHING
Youre comedy gold conor

Again…FTFY. :wink:
I’m on a Conor themed roll here. :sunglasses: [emoji38]

Had to look FTFY up there. Was too embarrassed to ask kids…[emoji848]

DF40:
Regardless if the OP has succeeded & can prove this. (Although who is really interested in anyone else’s finances obviously has to much time on their hands). And wouldn’t tell anyone wanting to know where a bird’s nest is.
If he has well done…good on ye… if not it’s not really effecting anyone else’s life so does it really matter??

See your point…, but being that the o/p felt the need to ressurect the thread to convince us how well he was doing,.(and that the negative advice was basically ■■■■■■■■) it is a relavant point…but maybe not specific financial details (genuine or otherwise) as it’s only his own business.

robroy:

DF40:

See your point…, but being that the o/p felt the need to ressurect the thread to convince us how well he was doing,.(and that the negative advice was basically ■■■■■■■■) it is a relavant point…but maybe not specific financial details (genuine or otherwise) as it’s only his own business.

See what you mean. Might post something on how well I’ve done something one day…once I’ve actually done something well.

dieseldog999:

The-Snowman:

Conor:
Just passed test, never driven a lorry for real so don’t even know the basics, going to start own business running a lorry. What could possibly go wrong? After all its just as simple as get a truck, get a load and away you go…

I’d get familiar with the bankruptcy process because you’ll be there inside a year.

Want some advice? Go work for someone driving their trucks for four or five years until you actually learn something and then decide whether you want to set fire to your money. Its a bit more involved than driving a van around moving stuff for people on Facebook.

Conor being an arrogant prick as usual
You hate lorry driving. We get it.
For someone who hates it so much and was glad to go and do something else you sure spend a lot of time on an hgv forum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^be fair…perish the thought id be agreeing with conor,but his impression is probably 99% odds on to how itl end up,especially in todays driving conditions,unless your adept at the usual hooligan tacticts which he wont be…unless…theres always the niche market possibility as mentioned earlier…if you cant get into the popcorn logistics,then theres always waistcoat sleeve,chicken lips,glider engines,or even holes for polo mints transportation…for me though it would have to be transporting live budgies…that way you can just cram the into the trailer till its bulging,and if vosa pull you over the scales,you just need to run up and down the trailer banging the sides with a big stick to have them all flying around inside,and voila,you will never get done for overloaded axles… :smiley: think outside the road haulage box and the world will soon be your lobster… :slight_smile:

Laugh.png

Conor:

Looking on there doesn’t paint an accurate picture at all .

Punchy Dan:

Conor:

Looking on there doesn’t paint an accurate picture at all .

Totally agree. As someone else said that’s what a (good) accountant is for.

I think Conor runs the haulage business on Emmerdale Farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conor:

That is embarrassingly cringe how jealous you actually sound.