Beanos all wearing shorts to work

Mazzer2:

kr79:
What’s a beano?

lol Irish slang for an Englishman

I don’t get it seems as logical as taliban for those chaps from the well known non Islamic Old eastern block country’s

AndrewG:

grumpyken52:
Got a bollocking at a Dent and strangle ADR depot in Birmingham for wearing shorts .
Outside temp was near 40c.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

What right has another company got telling a driver what he can and cant wear?? Should have told him to [zb] right off…

There site so there site rules . Most building sites here now no shorts or short sleeves and network rail even tell you what colour

Out in the yard I was ok but went in the warehouse to use the facilities as I had been waiting 4hrs for paperwork .
I didn’t reply but the little weasel scurried away when he got "the look ".
I used to always wear black combat style joggers ,black polo , clean fire resistant orange hi viz waistcoat and very expensive kevlar air industry spec safety hi-tops . On the long summer runs in Europe it was shorts ,polo and crocks in the cab and safety boots when working outside the cab .
I aviod jeans for long runs in the truck as I have had the dreaded seam across the nuts problem and also the restriction of a leather belt across the hip bone causing nerve problems in the legs .

kr79:

Mazzer2:

kr79:
What’s a beano?

lol Irish slang for an Englishman

I don’t get it seems as logical as taliban for those chaps from the well known non Islamic Old eastern block country’s

if your " on the bean" then your doing uk work.
years ago when the paddys came to the uk as 2 legged jcb`s then wherever they went to get fed,they got beans with everything including breakfast,hence on the bean,and beanos…no need for trucknet csi for this one.

My family are all Irish but never heard this

kr79:

you must have led a very sheltered life then… :slight_smile:

kr79:

More common amongst drivers

Do you want beans with that ?

chester1:

AndrewG:

grumpyken52:
Got a bollocking at a Dent and strangle ADR depot in Birmingham for wearing shorts .
Outside temp was near 40c.

What right has another company got telling a driver what he can and cant wear?? Should have told him to [zb] right off…

There site so there site rules . Most building sites here now no shorts or short sleeves and network rail even tell you what colour

Ridiculous rules. What possible difference could it make to the working practices of a particular company the attire of a visiting driver?? Only in the UK :unamused:

When I’m “In the bean” and get a fry I’m always disappointed. The English Breakfast doesn’t come close to an Ulster Fry in my opinion but I’m obviously biased lol. No Soda bread and no Potato bread and beans, soggy tomato and mushrooms instead doesn’t wet my whistle I’m afraid. I was parked in Hollies on Tuesday night last week and is was raining really heavy and the Wincanton fella beside me was out walking about in shorts and a tshirt :unamused: :laughing: