Wearing shorts in winter

Seem to have seen a lot of drivers wearing shorts lately even in this cold weather what’s all that about ? I live in them from about beginning of May till end of September but certainly not with this cold snap we have, I can understand posties wearing them as they’re on the go.

Anybody wear them this time of year ?

A fella who I used to work with wears shorts all the time at work and it was all to do with a £1 bet 5 year ago. :confused:

Modesty prevents me from donning shorts. I think there is nothing more unattractive than a blue bell-end clanging against the inside of my knee. :grimacing:

■■■■■■■:
Modesty prevents me from donning shorts. I think there is nothing more unattractive than a blue bell-end clanging against the inside of my knee. :grimacing:

Your fault for having short legs then :grimacing:
shorts around the house this weather but then I aint going out :wink:

I wear shorts round the house and for the gym. :wink:

I have not worn short pants since I got my first pair of " grown up long trousers " about 56 years ago. Not owned a pair of gloves either,since I stopped wearing the ones with the string up the sleeves about the same time :wink:
Regards. John.

No doubt for some of them it’s the same reason that even at this time of year, if you venture out of a Friday evening you see blokes with tee-shirts on and no coat. It’s an attempt to prove how ‘hard’ they are.

Shorts all year round for me, even when cycling.

I have a problem with my knee caps that makes wearing trouser when driving really uncomfortable so shorts it is. As I spend most of the time in the cab, I don’t usually wear anything but a shirt up top (plus hi-viz and all that clap trap) but today I had to dona second layer brrrrrr

Shorts on of a night when parked up for the night.
On all weekend when at home :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

The blokes who wear shorts all year tend to be overweight and have a peado style goatee. Possibly also with a very poor tattoo on their calf.

happysack:
The blokes who wear shorts all year tend to be overweight and have a peado style goatee. Possibly also with a very poor tattoo on their calf.

2 out of 3 aint bad :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You can get a ■■■■ poor tat for about 35 quid. Spelling mistake optional.

Wear mine from the first week it is above freezing every night, to the last week it is above freezing every night.

Just ordered mine for this year. Reckon they will be on the week after next.

I wear mine all year at home no matter how cold it is, but we’re not allowed to wear them for work even in summer.

old 67:
I have not worn short pants since I got my first pair of " grown up long trousers " about 56 years ago. Not owned a pair of gloves either,since I stopped wearing the ones with the string up the sleeves about the same time :wink:
Regards. John.

Same here John, nine years old when I last wore shorts and I am 64 now! You do see some rum sights around though, usually blokes with legs that ought to stay well hidden. :open_mouth: The only gloves I wore were for sheeting up etc.

Pete.

windrush:

old 67:
Regards. John.

Same here John, nine years old when I last wore shorts and I am 64 now! You do see some rum sights around though, usually blokes with legs that ought to stay well hidden. :open_mouth: The only gloves I wore were for sheeting up etc.

Pete.

Same as you and the old 67 Pete, not worn shorts since I was in primary school, and I’m 67, so its nearly 60 years since I’ve worn them.
Cheers Dave.

Had mine on all day…walked about 5 miles with them on this afternoon.

Don’t wear shorts outside (in public) coz I just look ridiculous in them (personal opinion, the missus and kids say they look alright…)
Delivered to a bloke on site once in the middle winter, chucking it down with rain and asked him why, he said…

“Skin dries quicker than clothes.”

Seen a driver this afternoon at our place he had rigger boots, big yellow hi-vis coat, woolly hat and shorts and got to say it did look like he forgot to put his trousers on :open_mouth:

bald bloke:
Seen a driver this afternoon at our place he had rigger boots, big yellow hi-vis coat, woolly hat and shorts and got to say it did look like he forgot to put his trousers on :open_mouth:

He must have looked like a yellow hammer. :laughing: