Sent home for wearing shorts?

So with it being a heatwave and the temp going up to 33 degrees, and after using a unit 6 days in a row with no aircon (needed regassing) I decided to go to work in shorts. As an agency limper I know the crap runs/trucks get given to me and the cream kept for full time,I tolerate this as I’m on a higher rate than them. Anyway 4 hours into shift this mini hitler short arse bald bloke approaches me and says “ you can’t work here with shorts on” I politely advised him I was halfway through a shift and that I would return the next day in trousers,to which he replied”nope you can’t work here today” what the ■■■■ is the world coming to when a truck driver can’t wear shorts. I understand office wear and dress policy as I worked in that environment for years but driving a lorry with no aircon in 33 degree heat doing trailer shunts… anyway place in question was Saamwurth bros. To be honest I heard good things about them and was looking forward to getting in there but they really seem to be up there own arses and they ain’t that good a company.not ■■■■ by no means but nothing special.any thoughts? I wasn’t aware you wasn’t allowed to wear shorts either.

Tomorrow turn up in a skirt…

I wear shorts. He’s got a cheek.

One company had a little oik in the office who had a problem with it. So I sarcastically told him my sizing and that he could go and get me some trousers if he didn’t like it. He only went and did get me some :smiley: :smiley:

So if anyone wants some ceva logistics trousers let me know. I decided it wasn’t for me and didn’t go back either.

I’m gonna go borat style an turn up in a mankini and flip flops.

xichrisxi:
Tomorrow turn up in a skirt…

Might be taking a chance with Adolf Junior.

sammym:

One company had a little oik in the office who had a problem with it. So I sarcastically told him my sizing and that he could go and get me some trousers if he didn’t like it. He only went and did get me some :smiley: :smiley:

So if anyone wants some ceva logistics trousers let me know. I decided it wasn’t for me and didn’t go back either.

:laughing: :laughing:

I did steel coils last summer. Shorts not allowed. Glad I’m not this summer. I wear shorts but always carry a pair of jeans for these tin pot hitlers

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I’ve yet to hear a good explanation from H&S as to why shorts would not be permitted on a site that doesn’t insist on high vis trousers.

Higher chance of grazing your knee?

I think I would be asking him to point out in either H&S or Company policy the bit where it says “No shorts”.
If he can? Fine, no shorts it is.
If he can´t? Shorts for as long as you want.

If it’s a food place then yeah, no shorts.

sent using smoke signals

People are just weird…IN that, we are all here to do a job and get on the best we can, so why are some so awkward? Perhaps they need removing from the gene pool, in order for the rest of us to go on being productive…Just sayin` like… :laughing:

Interesting that you say that, as a previous online food delivery van driver I was working for (one of the big 6 retailers), 2 pairs of shorts were supplied as part of the uniform. There take on it was to make sure the driver felt as comfortable as possible to make sure the employee was more productive.why don’t we go the whole Hogg and wear hair nets too?

Went for assessment and interview at B&M at crick a couple of years , done a week and was told not to wear shorts…
Well after unloading a DD every day in +25c in trousers i thought "Nah… rather be comfortable " and went back to limping mode where i am in shorts (provided by the company) from May until October (weather dependent…+10c is shorts)

Unloaded a DD In sept on a night shift, sweat was ■■■■■■■ out me,but doing it in +25?! Fooook that. Easier ways to earn a living!

I dont wear anythingbut shorts april to october+ and cant think of any driver who doesnt here as long as socks arent worn with trainers thats a definite no no :grimacing: Karla wears just a skimpy top and hot pants and there never seems to be any objections here either…

H&S shouldnt even come into it, the only reason should be if theres a hose pipe ban on…

Food production places like bakeries where hygiene is an issue should be the only factor here.
Wasn’t there some postman years ago who was disciplined for wearing shorts and he took Royal Mail to court. And won.

sent using smoke signals

sammym:

They dont pay enough to give crap out like that.

Supersolo:
So with it being a heatwave and the temp going up to 33 degrees, and after using a unit 6 days in a row with no aircon (needed regassing) I decided to go to work in shorts. As an agency limper I know the crap runs/trucks get given to me and the cream kept for full time,I tolerate this as I’m on a higher rate than them. Anyway 4 hours into shift this mini hitler short arse bald bloke approaches me and says “ you can’t work here with shorts on” I politely advised him I was halfway through a shift and that I would return the next day in trousers,to which he replied”nope you can’t work here today” what the [zb] is the world coming to when a truck driver can’t wear shorts. I understand office wear and dress policy as I worked in that environment for years but driving a lorry with no aircon in 33 degree heat doing trailer shunts… anyway place in question was Saamwurth bros. To be honest I heard good things about them and was looking forward to getting in there but they really seem to be up there own arses and they ain’t that good a company.not [zb] by no means but nothing special.any thoughts? I wasn’t aware you wasn’t allowed to wear shorts either.

It’s easy,they pay the wages you do as they ask within reason,no shorts ,no problem.

bobbya:

Supersolo:
So with it being a heatwave and the temp going up to 33 degrees, and after using a unit 6 days in a row with no aircon (needed regassing) I decided to go to work in shorts. As an agency limper I know the crap runs/trucks get given to me and the cream kept for full time,I tolerate this as I’m on a higher rate than them. Anyway 4 hours into shift this mini hitler short arse bald bloke approaches me and says “ you can’t work here with shorts on” I politely advised him I was halfway through a shift and that I would return the next day in trousers,to which he replied”nope you can’t work here today” what the [zb] is the world coming to when a truck driver can’t wear shorts. I understand office wear and dress policy as I worked in that environment for years but driving a lorry with no aircon in 33 degree heat doing trailer shunts… anyway place in question was Saamwurth bros. To be honest I heard good things about them and was looking forward to getting in there but they really seem to be up there own arses and they ain’t that good a company.not [zb] by no means but nothing special.any thoughts? I wasn’t aware you wasn’t allowed to wear shorts either.

It’s easy,they pay the wages you do as they ask within reason,no shorts ,no problem.

The question is (outside of a food factory, or haz chems) is it “reasonable” when doing physical work, possibly in full sun to say “no shorts, only long trousers”?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Take shorts with you to change into when up the road,

Or wear a skirt,or a dish-dash,then if Mr Hitler says owt, nice court case for discrimination.