"Barnsley and Beyond" Model Trucking Through The Decades

Some lovely models there, not surprising knowing Alan was your dad ! Looking forward to seeing more of your builds, sorry I can’t help with a Barnsley-based S18. I’ve resurrected my Harrisons Highwayman project, just working on the load and lettering at tne moment.

fodenway:
Some lovely models there, not surprising knowing Alan was your dad ! Looking forward to seeing more of your builds, sorry I can’t help with a Barnsley-based S18. I’ve resurrected my Harrisons Highwayman project, just working on the load and lettering at tne moment.

Thanks Fodenway. Yeah i think the S18 will be a Robsons driving past the Leyland clock up Shap. Ah great, look forward to seeing the finished model. All the best!

holydiver:
As I mentioned earlier on my dad used to produce model kits when I was a kid, known as Modeltrux. This was mainly all done from the loft of our house in Cudworth. The last few weeks I have been amazed to see a number of these original kits come up on Ebay and I have bought pretty much all of them. These are the first I have seen in what must have been at least 5 years or so. A lot of these will be staying mint in their boxes and I have bought some built restoration projects to replicate the models below my dad used to display at shows. It is great to finally have a good collection of my dad’s original kits. He never managed to keep any back in the end. These will something to look forward to inbetween my bigger projects.

I have also been buying some larger 1/24th resin transkits recently too. Some of these will be part of the Barnsley and Beyond collection. The ERF A series as Majestic Motors of Darton. Possibly the next model to hit the bench after the Seddon.
The Scammell Crusader was a built “barn find” in need of a restoration. This will be an Ackworth Transport with a Scammell TIR trailer.
The Foden S18 is still being decided, I haven’t any pictures of one in a Barnsley firm so it may end up being a Robsons of Carlisle on a diorama of the old A6 road past Shap.
More soon

I have one of those Foden sleeper cab models but on mine it says Kingfisher models supplied by Geoff Moorhouse, would that be one of your Dad’s

Dazcapri, Yeah it’s the same kit. My dad eventually sold all of his kit masters to John Fisher, Kingfisher Models and ever since they have been sold as his kits. My dad also sold kits via Geoff Moorhouse also. My dad produced a lot of accessories too, white metal pallets, brick grab crane, resin loads etc a lot of these were sold on too. I have a few Kingfisher models but it means a lot having the originals.

“Where do you want this steel?” - Harrison’s Highwayman finished at last, 1/76 scale.

Brilliant,well done fodenway :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers Ray

Fantastic work Fodenway

holydiver:
Fantastic work Fodenway

+1 :sunglasses:

Thank you all !

Seddon Atkinson 400 - D Sharp and Son, Near Royston, Barnsley part 2

My latest build was completed earlier today!
A Kingfisher kit of a Seddon 400 with a totally scratch built trailer. The tractor was posted earlier, the last few weeks have seen the trailer come together. All scratch built from plasticard with resin wheels, tyres and suspension. I based the trailer on a 40 foot Crane Fruehauf depeicted with a load of plasterboard secured with a mix of pvc and cotton sheeting. Roping to secure, I actually pull the ropes tight as I go along and glue the odd knot for security.
A Shop bought display case was used for this model, with a concrete base added thanks to some great stuff from AK Interactive. With the odd damp patch and oil on the ground, to look like it’s parked in their yard ready to hit the road.

Very happy with this one.

My next project will be twice the size so i’m looking forward to that.

ACE! ^^^^^^ :sunglasses:

Superb :smiley: cheers Ray

A thing of beauty. I remember them well. Very nicely done young man !

That’s brilliant pal they all are.my dad drove for h.brown and son from stairfoot.he drove a scammell and man truck for them.would love to see you make a modle of one of them.

that is a superb model :smiley: as a big fan of Seddon Atki 400’s (as all former Carryfast driver’s on this forum are :wink: ),i’d love to get one of those kit’s to build up.are they still available?

Brian jones:
That’s brilliant pal they all are.my dad drove for h.brown and son from stairfoot.he drove a scammell and man truck for them.would love to see you make a modle of one of them.

Hello, thank you. Yes i probably will at some point. Have a few pictures of these :smiley:

carryfast-yeti:
that is a superb model :smiley: as a big fan of Seddon Atki 400’s (as all former Carryfast driver’s on this forum are :wink: ),i’d love to get one of those kit’s to build up.are they still available?

Thank you :smiley: sadly no they aern’t available at the moment, a case of getting lucky on Ebay.

Thank you everyone for your lovely words :smiley: i’ll keep them coming. Another lovely kit turned up today which may be on the bench next :sunglasses:

One from not too far away from Barnsley - Rawmarsh-based Leonard Green’s Dennis Maxim, 1/76 scale.

Excellent especially the load :smiley: :smiley: cheers Ray

Fantastic modelling again Fodenway…love it

Thanks, here’s one from just up the road at South Elmsall, about twelve miles northeast of Barnsley. Hinchcliff’s were quarry owners and had a fair-sized tipper fleet, including this Albion from 1953. The model is in 1/76 scale, using a much-modified Base Toy cab, Lone Star Impy Roadmasters (Foden) chassis and a scratchbuilt body, with Roadscale/Littlebus wheels.