Barlows.Transport. Biggin Nr Ashbourne

i’ve had many a good laugh with dennis , my cb was as good as his , we used to get them set up properly by double r , place between brassington and carsington . i met him all over the place when he was on the tanker , and i always heard him before i saw him . cheers , dave

Hi.
Double r,was the man,i think it’s Peak Waste" in there now,went in with one,he opened it up and said,“There’s been a wedding”.something had blown,and there was all white powder stuff inside. Another good CB. man was Chunky,drove with his dad at Tarmac,Billy. You could almost bet money on seeing Jack Eye,at the bus cafe as you headed out of Bracknel towards the M40,that B*** services shut him and a few more down then they shut the laybyes down towards Weston on the Green? was it,no more quiet places to kip .
Borrowash

Got it now ,John Birch had lew Askews F7 off him A193MBU ?,I know John to wave to,I see him most days.

Hi.
If you can talk to "J.B. International Logistics on the CB. Tell him Glynnys was asking me how he was… :unamused: . How he goes on at work,i will never know,when he goes to Skeggy,with his Skeggy box,he has to stop TWICE. You will get his attention,by calling up Ferg. Another topic would be about him MOONING,out of his Skeggy box while he was on a Rally… trouble was,he did not realize he was doing it :laughing: According to witnesses,NOT a pretty sight…
Up the Rams
Borrowash.

Where does the international bit come from is it a ■■■■ take or is it from years ago as he’s been at Dene along time now ?

Dan Punchard:
Where does the international bit come from is it a ■■■■ take or is it from years ago as he’s been at Dene along time now ?

Probably prepared for when Large/Tossmac have them running overseas looking for work Dan, they allready have them charging all around Britain… :wink:

Pete.

Yes,there’d need 2 flask’ s then pete.

Hi.
Well spotted Dan… “■■■■ take”. He is always ringing me,saying.“Just coming out of Aberdeen,en route for Milan”,the TW… Twerp! has to have a coffee break going from Dene to the A38,Ripley !!. All that aside,i consider him a good mate,even though there are times i could willingly SWING for him,if hanging was still allowed.
His map books run out just above Sheffield,and as far down as Lichfield. He h as been abroad with his Skeggy box to Holland,some flower festival with Docko-Alan Doxey,(Another SUPER man) and two more,i cannot tell you on here what happened :unamused: They were doing the corridor up,near Jabbeke,and they had an automated road worker type model stood on a barrel,flagging drivers down,i told him to watch out for the,“Bloke!!” stood all day on the barrel,when he got back,he said at first sight,he thought i was telling the truth. Don’t forget to bring Glynnis into the conversation,say Borrowash was talking to her,and get his reaction. Nice chap Ferg,but i am glad he is an only twin. Is Billy “F” still with us,Chunky’s dad,believe it or believe it not,Billy was a champnio swimmer,in his younger days… 1847 ? :laughing:
Forgive me for not telling more,but i am full of Red Biddy,90 cents from Lidle Tabua,and in no pain at all,just got a little left of a litre bottle to finish,and i MAY ? be BACH?.. The old jokes are the best. We are down,we are gone.
Borrowash.
P{S. Did you know Bird Man ? Now there was a character,me and Ferg went to his sons,(Hot Spanners") wedding blessing near Skeggy… YES,in the BOXES :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Billy lives down the bottom of the lane from me,well Birdman ,did he live on Main Street? Drive for David Bradley? I think he’s on a video I got from knocker ,he goes the other way quick headlamp flash ,I remember him going to kings norton behind my dad .

Hi.
Worked with Bird Man at Sinners :unamused: Don’t know if he lived there,lived on that estate across fropm the Kings field,bred "Love Birds :unamused: ",ran a mobile chip van,last worked at :Louth ? neaR sKEGGY YELLOW TIPPERS, B*****ks,hit the caps lock,bummer…Got it "ALTON ? " Haulage ?./Favourite expressions “kick her down at 1600 !,Going coast to coast.keep going till my wheels get wet,Allways remember this one. " Where you goin’ Birdy?”
“Leg over and chips,wirksworth”. Shame is,they don’t make blokes like him any more.
NEVER grow old,NOW is the time for you,we all have our 10 mins in the spotlight,make the most of yours,i have had mine,NO regrets…
Borrowash ■■■■■■ as a ■■■■,Lovin’ it. Byeeee 4 2night,we are down,we are GONE!!
PS. See you on the flip flop tomorrow,g’night.

I know who you mean now BF ,I was thinking of Bridge.

Hi.
Billy Farnsworth,himself,Ted Whittaker and myself ran together with 3 of those 6x4 Guy Big J,artic tippers.There was 6,but i wrote one off outside Mrs Tinti’s,Matlock Bath,noise of air hissing,there was about 18 tyres on the beast,gave the steering a waggle,they were allright,bus in fronts brake lights come on ,put my brakes… WHAT BRAKES.This is all happening in slow motion,thinks,bus, people ? dead man on,got braced,bang it was on,before i had got my hand back on the steering wheel,it had jacknifed across the road,hit Norman Bents Zephyr 4,coming the other way,made that a “Mid” engined model,blocked the road Norm,and myself,got carted off to Whitworth ? hospital Darley Dale,only walking wounded,and waited,about 45 mins later,in comes Nurse,“Sorry i am late,a BLOODY lorry has blocked the A6 at Matlock,now then you two,are yo.u all right ?” Me,“Yes,but my lorry isn’t,it’s blocking the A6”. The look on her face,Priceless.
I was told it was something wrong in the foot valve,and if i had waited… the spring brakes would have come on.This would have been a good call on the M1,at midnight,but at the time,i did not fancy shunting a bus up to Cromford,waiting for the spring brakes to work. Happy days. I think Danny Shaw drove one and a chap from Ripley,not sure if,Adj drove the 6th.(Harold). Mrs Tinti told the police,i was not speeding,as the lorry wasn’t rattling. I will love her forever. :open_mouth:
Borrowash

Ye ,Paul Hallows told me about 5 times now ,the other Peter Harrison lives over from me he was in Phillips 's stores / garage at one time.

Hi.
Just had “Hot Spanners” on the line,Bird Mans son,Birdy
drove for Barlows about three times,and he has a photo of him with his Foden artic somewhere. We are being,“STALKED” by…" Hop o." He now works for GCHQ,monitoring sinner lorry drivers. If your out there Hop,Good evening from Portugal !!. Just rung Crane back on Skype,he will ring you tomorrow. Things are looking up on this thread,may even get a photo up,if anybody has a Masters degree in computors,so thats me out :confused: :confused: .
Get yourselves sorted out,and we will see what the “Morrow” brings,keep flirting that stone off on sharp bends,and remember,it’s quite safe to overtake on a blind bend with double white lines,as you will be the only one doing it,till i get back.
Borrowash aka “Top of the GREEN revs”

image.jpg

Hi Dan.
Frayed Knot,it was a Guy Big J,empty,and it jacknifed.RIGHT !! YOU are the man !. If Crane can find Birdies photo’s,you could put them on for him if you don’t mind? Will ring him tomorrow,tell him to get his backside into gear and produce the goods.
Paul Hallows,aka… Gerbil ?. Great lad,if he was half as good a fitter as his dad,he was pretty ■■■■ good. During one stop in the Pits,was there during dinner,chips all round,Gerbil was going Hands and Heels,well knife and fork,and another fitter said. "Keep moving even if your not eating,'cos if you don’t,GERBIL will think your dead and EAT YOU :laughing: ". Nice lad,good worker,THEN!! :question: . Thanks for delving into the past for me,the day it happened i was not going to trap,because there was no work,but went in against my will, get as far as Tinti’s… All over,to top it all,the othjers had been sent back because there was no work for the artics…BUMMER.
Birch Logistics has rung the Mrs,so i will ring him tomorrow and tell him the state of play,and i will be ringing Barn rat to,that should be worth listening to :laughing:
Thanks again for taking the trouble,remember me to Billy Farnsbarns :unamused:and Chunky .Look forward to Crane getting the photo’s out.
Borrowash

Keep meaning to phone Barnrat myself Ted but with the missus in hospital at present spare time is short. I will ring him though. First time that I have logged on for ages. Gilly sends his regards anyway and speaks highly of you!

Pete.

Hi Pete.
S p0ke to barn rat earlier,he sounds ok,up to his ears in school runs now,not,2 to Peterborough in an old Dodge !The lovely Mrs Harrison,has been sent away,out of the reach of “Stalking old truckers”,come January '14,i may just be up at the Wheatsheaf,even at my age,i could walk down to his house from there :unamused: If Crane and Dan the Man can get these photo’s sorted,maybe Barlows,will ride again.
Tried to ring Ferg,he is stuck at the Syrian border at customs,he has a load of Racing pidgeon saddles on,they counted them off,but when it came to reload them,some had.

FLOWN :open_mouth:
Byeeee.
Ted

Forget mrs H ,checkout the daughters ,I was invited for tea 20 something years back and bottled it lol.

It was Tommy Wibberley at Ballidon who christened him Barn Rat, never met his wife or daughter’s but I guess that the lasses get their looks from their mother? :slight_smile: A good bloke to run with, wouldn’t try to ‘throat you’ like some lads and that was worth a lot when you had a slowish truck yourself. Have they extended the Wheatsheaf then, I went in there with Ron Hibbs around 20 years ago and it seemed almost full with just us pair in there!!! :wink:

Pete.