Automatic ban for drink drivers

thejournal.ie/new-drink-dri … KFN9mOOMsM

But only in the Republic of Ireland.

three months…no biggy.
anyone in a rural area will just keep driving till the ban expires anyway assuming they get caught in the first place.
itl no doubt have more of an effect in the cities,but unlike the uk,there will be less people bothered about it.

Used to go fishing in termonbarry.
Nobody gave a ■■.
Sign on the police station door…“I’ll be here on Wednesday”

i lived for a while in donegal.
you filled out your dole card and left it on the counter of the cop shop where the door was open anyway.
there was a never ending stream of tractors,painters,plumbers,block layers,ect,ect just coming and going.and as above,nobody gives a toss.
same for the lock in,the cops would just tell them to close the front door so they could come in the back door themselves. :slight_smile:

I had a friend in Holland, no honestly, He was banned from Saturday and Sunday from driving his car, he could drive his lorry during the week, [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I had a friend in Holland, no honestly, He was banned from Saturday and Sunday from driving his car, he could drive his lorry during the week, [emoji23]

I can see sense in that.
Leisure driving curtailed, but not a job loss, and a burden through being unemployed.
Depends on level of alcohol, etc, etc, but seems reasonable.

Wheel Nut:

For A first time offender a ban on private driving other than commuting to and from work makes sense.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

For A first time offender a ban on private driving other than commuting to and from work makes sense.

Sent from my mobile.

Another mate in Germany got jailed for fighting and hurt someone, he used to come home on a weekend to see his family! :slight_smile: Very Sensible

Wheel Nut:

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

Sent from my mobile.

Another mate in Germany got jailed for fighting and hurt someone, he used to come home on a weekend to see his family! :slight_smile: Very Sensible

What is prison for?
Is banging up someone, and having kids grow up with no father a punishment for the innocent?
Will those kids likely grow up well adjusted or not? Will the offender be more likely to re-offend if he comes out to a stable family, or to a bed-sit while his ex-wife is off with someone else, and he has no reason to behave sensibly?
The harshest western prison regimes have the highest levels of recidivism, Scandinavian countries have the “cushiest” prisons, but lower rates of repeat offending.

There is a place be punishment and retribution, but there is more to it than banging the buggers up in a bare cell.

if you are doing time in sweden then you are obliged to take whatever education courses that they see fit to give you depending on your iq and what shortage of employees there are .
if you refuse to undertake education,then its basic regime with no treats until you do.
once you come out of prison,then you are qualified to do various different jobs and you either immediately take up gainfull employment or no giro and no messing.

the punishments are never enough to really worry anybody. i was chatting to woman in charge of speeding and driving thru red light courses and she agreed the best way to stop reoffending minor stuff would be 1 punch to the face for a 1st offence .

Only a 3 month ban for drink driving…at least in the uk its 12 months automatic ban from driving, thats because it carries 12 points, and 12 points mean an automatic 12 month ban ( unless special circumstances./hardship ) to me that shouldnt come into it…drink driving is dangerous for many people, not so for others, but if you blow over the limit…let the punishment fit the crime.

Franglais:

Wheel Nut:

I can see sense in that.
Leisure driving curtailed, but not a job loss, and a burden through being unemployed.
Depends on level of alcohol, etc, etc, but seems reasonable.

Has france not introduced the option of fitting, at the driver’s expense, an “alcolock” for convicted drink drivers ? I thought france also used to have the social driving ban option ?