Drink Driving

Just flicking through local rag and saw this. Second time he’s been done for drink driving and he wasn’t banned, only 10 points on licence.
Always thought it was automatic minimum 12 month ban.

sussexexpress.co.uk/news/cou … -1-6589931

expect some pedantic pete to come along shortly and explain the difference between drink driving and drunk in charge… :smiley:

Well I am surprised, just looked on government sentencing website and found they are two different offences.
Drink driving is auto minimum 12 month ban, drunk in charge is discretionary ban.
So he keeps is licence even though he’s been banned before and was sitting with the engine running.
Perhaps next time he’ll kill someone before they put him off the road.

wing-nut:

Stop exaggerating.

Pimpdaddy:

wing-nut:

Stop exaggerating.

Tell that to a friend of mine who lost his wife to a drunk driver.

You can’t kill anyone by sitting in a car with the engine running.

Only yourself if in an enclosed garage :slight_smile:

commonrail:

+1.i think drunk in charge when your parked up and lying sleeping in the car is kicking the ■■■ out of it as your obviously not driving.im quite sure its only luck that stops anyone parked up on a break or overnight in a campervan that dosent get done by jobsworth plod as well. parked,on a break,sleeping in your truck/campervan/etc…your in charge of it,and would be capable of driving it in an instant if circumstances dictated…i.e wokeup in middle of night by plod to move,or van next to you goes on fire…many reasons as to why its just luck you don’t get done on a break and a Cpl beers.you may or may not wriggle out of it in court,but you would be done and guilty till you got there.

If the police had been able to prove that he had been driving I’ve no doubt they would have gone for a charge of drink driving, as he was charged with drunk in charge it’s reasonable to assume the police couldn’t prove to any reasonable level that he had been driving.

It’s called being assumed to be innocent until proven guilty :wink:

Either that or he’s got influential friends :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t drunk in charge, as opposed to drink driving, be the charge if found above the limit while supervising a learner driver?

Wiretwister:
Wouldn’t drunk in charge, as opposed to drink driving, be the charge if found above the limit while supervising a learner driver?

Are you finding out for your mate “Dave”?! :smiley:

I remember when i was 18 (only 4 years ago :laughing: ) I lost my house keys after a few too many xmas eve and spent it in my car with the engine running.

never even crossed my mind I could get a pull for it!

ckm1981:

Wiretwister:

You might think that, I could not possibly comment. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wiretwister:

ckm1981:

Wiretwister:

You might think that, I could not possibly comment. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Free taxi for Dave!!!

ckm1981:

Pimpdaddy:

wing-nut:

Stop exaggerating.

Sober drivers can also kill innocent people:!:

commonrail:

+1

I’m definitely over the limit right now but will not be driving till 07:00 in the morning. Curtains closed and chilling :smiley: auxiliary ignition on for radio/windows. Always done it and not worried, and before the sanctimonious lot start I have just about finished my 3rd can of Stella which is the last! And my first was about 17:00 :stuck_out_tongue:

Pimpdaddy:

ckm1981:

Pimpdaddy:

wing-nut:

Stop exaggerating.

Sober drivers can also kill innocent people:!

Cool,that makes it ok then.

Wiretwister:

No. If you supervise a learner you are also driving the car. You would be expected to take the controls if necessary.

You would be charged with drink driving in this instance. Same as it’s an offence to use a mobile phone while supervising a learner.

ckm1981:
Cool,that makes it ok then.

No it doesn’t, it makes your statement invalid in my opinion…