auto miesse

Strange! From the fleet list of Camerman NV (via Pierre Smidts) tractor N°3 is mentioned as: Berliet-Mack, chassis n° 8603, Mack engine N° EY-68-22 and the last licence plate was T.8744.

mandator:
Strange! From the fleet list of Camerman NV (via Pierre Smidts) tractor N°3 is mentioned as: Berliet-Mack, chassis n° 8603, Mack engine N° EY-68-22 and the last licence plate was T.8744.

Hey,

Think that it is a surplus WW II chassis too, but a4x2 M425/426 or a shorten Mack ■■? everything was possible in those days.
But Berliet parts ok, engine ■■ as you say Mandator a Mack was one of the most obvious engines to use at that time.
Even a Diamond 6x6 could be converted to a 4x2 tractor.

Eric,

Eric,

I think it was a prewar Berliet chassis were after hostilities a Mack engine was installed. They did the same with prewar Miesse N°5 , Mack engine ED-15-74, licence plate K.3176

I really thought this story had come to its end, but I’ll forward your comments to JF Colombet and wait for his answer…

The answer is that maybe the engine could have been changed for a Mack, but the chassis is a Miesse.

Here’s another strange blend, operated by Ziegler in Brussels, based on a Miesse chassis. Berliet rear axle, Mack steering, and Büssing engine.

Froggy55:
The answer is that maybe the engine could have been changed for a Mack, but the chassis is a Miesse.

Here’s another strange blend, operated by Ziegler in Brussels, based on a Miesse chassis. Berliet rear axle, Mack steering, and Büssing engine.

Hey,

I know that pic, very nice.

But think only to know that the frontwheels looks French and are of a bigger size as the one’s on the rearaxle.

Here some other strange sweeties.

Eric,

Hey,

Who knows the truck, pic taken during WW II by taken up Jewish people to bring them to the trainsation.

Eric,

12313928_1500444793584434_4145296498631926008_n.jpg

Hey,

Eric,

Hey, Miesse prototype.
Sorry to have put some not Miesse pic, which must be in Saviems fan club.

Eric,

tiptop495:
Here some other strange sweeties.

Eric,

I’d say Nos 1, 3 & 4 are based on ex-WW II USA army trucks. N° 2 could be either Miesse, or also ex-WW II. First one is most unusual!

tiptop495:
Hey,

Eric,

I’d say Denonville for this one.

a lot of guessing here :sunglasses:

tiptop495:
Hey,

Eric,

Eric & Froggy,

Indeed a (very rare) Denonville and even more rare a 8-ton-tractor as from the
150 chassis produced between 1937 and 1940 the majority was chassis for lorries
and tippers.

AutoTractionMinerva-Braem-Handzame.jpg

TMHO the attached chassis are:

• AutoTractionMinerva (at least the radiator is) with all kinds of adaptions with ex-army surplus,
    by the way…Braem still is a genuine partner in West Flandres and internationally for chassis and
    main components with a strong focus on MAN and Mercedes-Benz

• SDS from Merksem (Antwerp) as the bonnet/hood is very sturdy and the radiator looks à la SDS

At least and last the mystery on the Ceulemans Denonville/Berliet will be solved soon, for sure it
was a product of those post-war years in which everything that was on hand was applied.

AutoTractionMinerva-Braem-Handzame.jpg

Hey,

The fourth pic is an Vomag, which was be left behind as the Germans had to run away in '44.
It is modifeed with was aviable in '44 , everything which was still good witch left was taken by the allies, even it had a self made fifth wheel and no landing legs becaus of lek of them.

Eric,

A closer look to 1st pic of 4 lets met think its cab could in fact be a car’s body rather than an ex-US Army truck cab.