auto miesse

Hey,Told Büssing engined ■■?

Bye Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey,Told Büssing engined ■■?

Bye Eric,

…and another coachbuilder to identify. Any ideas?

For me this is a COOVI (Jette) design. Check side window type as with the bonneted tractors.
Another view of Troisfontaine 59

mandator:
For me this is a COOVI (Jette) design. Check side window type as with the bonneted tractors.
Another view of Troisfontaine 59

Yes. That and the drip rail over the windscreen suggests that they are the same coachbuilder. If that is COOVI, then what is the “squarer” forward-control cab further up the page?

I think the De Raedt tractor is also COOVI.

I think that this Miesse tractor has a cab made by Jonckheere, because the front grille looks like the ones used on their bus fronts.

mandator:
I think the De Raedt tractor is also COOVI.

The arrangement of the drip rail over the side windows on those cabs is similar to that on the Büssing-engined example above, so I guess you are right. They must be a later version than that- I would guess late 1960s, early '70s.

mandator:
I think that this Miesse tractor has a cab made by Jonckheere, because the front grille looks like the ones used on their bus fronts.

I think you are right on that score too:
mike-stephenson.com/buses/bu … kherre.jpg

Hey, COOVI did lots of work for Miesse, but yes if the cabs kooks a bit spacy it must be from a coach builder.

Bye Eric,

This one is similar as in the leaflet. Photo taken in Brussels in the seventies. I think a Stoelen (Lier) sleeper cab.

This Miesse tractor with Stoelen cab was more than probably the last one made. Former Troisfontaine Miesse seen in the yard of Cannaerts in Heffen near Mechelen in 1984.
Transports Troisfontaine SA was linked with the Cannaerts business (bus & coach operator, truck parts supplier, Gardner maintenance center and last Miesse bastion in Belgium in the mid-eighties). The Miesses were often serviced in Heffen.

I had the intention to preserve this tractor, but… :frowning:

@Mandator/Fernand: Would have been a time-consuming project…treatment of steel-sheets,
conservation, paintjob and not to forget what was on-going in a technical way…with frequent
surprises just like the details. Would have been nice that with the normal-control Spiessens also
the forward-control would form a ‘complete’ collection next to the preserved busses. A-J

Hey, Pitty there was still in the beginning of the 2000 years, a Stoelen cabbed Miesse sure it was the Transit liner■■?
But is it saved is it still there■■?

Bye Eric,

This thread needs some up-lift…so herewith a 1935 Miesse with Gardner (not produced by Miesse
themselves out of the license but by Gillain in Tienen) and body/cab by Stevens of Ledeberg-Gent.

Miesse-1935-Gardner.jpg

A beautiful drawing of a 1950 Auto Miesse, by transport artist Manel Maseras. Robert

Picture made when new to Transports Deraedt-Vanneste in Brussels. Cab builder unknown to me.

Robert,

Above picture was taken at the Cannaerts yard in Heffen near Mechelen (Belgium). All buses in the background were Miesse.
Florent Cannaerts had interests in the Troisfontaine hauling company.

mandator:
Robert,

Above picture was taken at the Cannaerts yard in Heffen near Mechelen (Belgium). All buses in the background were Miesse.
Florent Cannaerts had interests in the Troisfontaine hauling company.

Thank you for bringing the picture alive, Mandator! Robert

This “mystery truck”, which went round several forums for quite a time has just been positively identified by J-F Colombet (Chief-Editor of French magazine Charge-Utile) as a Miesse T 618. Extensively modified with front part of a Berliet GDM cab and a pre-WW II Berliet radiator grille. Powered by a Gardner 6 LW.