Belgian truck pics

Does anybody has any pics taken in the 60’, 70’ or 80’ with Belgian motors in the foreground or background, taken anywhere in Europe or the ME? There where enough drivers going to the middle east (not a lot as Brits) but any pics of them are very hard to find

Belgian DAF 2800 - Ancona 1982

Foden 4450, Eyckmans Transport, Betekom Belgium.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-15
Van Himst at yard.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-18
Transports Delens at yard

Van Himst and driver Edwin.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-23
Van Himst at Dun Laoghaire,driver Frank.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-24
Van Himst at Dun Laoghaire.
More to follow,hitting the hay!

jimbotruck:
Foden 4450, Eyckmans Transport, Betekom Belgium.

me on the bobcat shuttle between Rotterdam and Antwerp
(sorry for dubble posting of the pic.)

Some Belgium trucks for you mostly 80s
Couple of Danzas first

L.VAN Brussel&znen

dcal:
me on the bobcat shuttle between Rotterdam and Antwerp
(sorry for dubble posting of the pic.)0

Did you ever come across the Blue Foden when doing that job??

I worked for Guido Van Himst for 3 years, think it was 1989/1992 ish. He was a top man to work for and great to go out on the lash with, shame he died a few years ago. The Danzas Volvo coming out of Dover looks like its Roland driving it, he used to do Danzas aachen to Meadows at Swords (Dublin). The other driver I Know on these photos is Frank, when he finished with Van Himst he started working in the warehouse for Hauser at Cannock cos he was seeing 1 of the girls out the office (IIRC). I did the Hauser Cannock to Zust & Bachmeir at Stuttgart run, with a few Italian groupage loads to Dometrans at Segrate (Milan) thrown in. I think Van Himst’s are still running but only a few motors now. Guido’s wife Rita must be running it… But sadly no photos from when I worked there.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-26
Shaky Peter in Dun Laoghaire.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-28
The aforementioned Roly in Dun Laoghaire.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-28
Van Himst Martin Govaert and Haelewijn Jim Woodcock lineup at Dun Laoghaire.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-01
Haelewijns Dave Page near Roeselare.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-01
Haelewijns Jm Woodcock at Dun Laoghaire.

Don’t know whether you have seen these books? Expensive but superb :sunglasses: prospector.be/transportboek/

jj72:
Don’t know whether you have seen these books? Expensive but superb :sunglasses: prospector.be/transportboek/

hello jj72, yeah I’ve got them all, the author is a friend, it’s great stuff!

pancho:
I worked for Guido Van Himst for 3 years, think it was 1989/1992 ish. He was a top man to work for and great to go out on the lash with, shame he died a few years ago. The Danzas Volvo coming out of Dover looks like its Roland driving it, he used to do Danzas aachen to Meadows at Swords (Dublin). The other driver I Know on these photos is Frank, when he finished with Van Himst he started working in the warehouse for Hauser at Cannock cos he was seeing 1 of the girls out the office (IIRC). I did the Hauser Cannock to Zust & Bachmeir at Stuttgart run, with a few Italian groupage loads to Dometrans at Segrate (Milan) thrown in. I think Van Himst’s are still running but only a few motors now. Guido’s wife Rita must be running it… But sadly no photos from when I worked there.

hello Pancho, in the years you worked there I used to go to his (halfautomatic)truckwash, there was a mecanic who started swearing and sweathing we he saw me arriving, because he had to let go of his tools and get a brush to clean my fridge trailer, from time to time I see one of their trucks on local transport,
I only live a few miles away of their old yard.

here are some of my 7 years as o/d and driving for B E T for14 years

more to come when i find them terry

I can’t help with any M/E pics, but I have a few I took in Brussells and Paris in the late 70s…

They weren’t ever clear pics. and scanning didn’t do them any favours, I’ll scan a few more later.

Cheers,
Nick

Another Haelewijn 111 at Dun Laoghaire

Delens Transport side on

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-03
Roly again

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-03
Customs exam at Dun Laoghaire,driver Jean

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-08
Not a great 111 pic

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-11
Fine looking lorry departing the ferry at Dun Laoghaire.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-12
Same on exiting

By whiplash_012 at 2008-11-26
Van Himst,(PR Reilly),and Haelewijn line up.