By whiplash_012 at 2009-01-12
Van Himst 112,Martin Govaert driving

By whiplash_012 at 2009-06-06
Van Himst Gobstopper,driver Jules.Stuttgart/Dublin-Shannon weekly

jimbotruck:

dcal:
me on the bobcat shuttle between Rotterdam and Antwerp
(sorry for dubble posting of the pic.)0

Did you ever come across the Blue Foden when doing that job??

hello Jimbotruck, I must have, we did that job around '91/'92/'93, but in those days we seem to drive
only in the dark (or was it my eyelids that kept closing when going straight ahead), from what year
is the pics of the Foden?

A Belgian Guy Invincible! Is it me, or does the side of the cab look similar in shape (obviously not size) to a Renault Magnum!

Another Belgian Guy Invincible!

dcal:

pancho:
I worked for Guido Van Himst for 3 years, think it was 1989/1992 ish. He was a top man to work for and great to go out on the lash with, shame he died a few years ago. The Danzas Volvo coming out of Dover looks like its Roland driving it, he used to do Danzas aachen to Meadows at Swords (Dublin). The other driver I Know on these photos is Frank, when he finished with Van Himst he started working in the warehouse for Hauser at Cannock cos he was seeing 1 of the girls out the office (IIRC). I did the Hauser Cannock to Zust & Bachmeir at Stuttgart run, with a few Italian groupage loads to Dometrans at Segrate (Milan) thrown in. I think Van Himst’s are still running but only a few motors now. Guido’s wife Rita must be running it… But sadly no photos from when I worked there.

hello Pancho, in the years you worked there I used to go to his (halfautomatic)truckwash, there was a mecanic who started swearing and sweathing we he saw me arriving, because he had to let go of his tools and get a brush to clean my fridge trailer, from time to time I see one of their trucks on local transport,
I only live a few miles away of their old yard.

Allo dcal, the mechanics name your on about is Guido, he was a miserable git some times, lol, yet other times he was fine. His helper in the garage was Freddie & was just the opposite, always happy and joking & taking the pi55 out of Guido the mechanic. lol .
The only yard I know was at Bagnolaan, St Pauwells (spelling?) with a “ladies” bar round the corner where we used to go if we got back a bit late & still wanted a drink. After a while they got to know us and left us alone realising we only wanted a beer. lol.
Occasionally I still see a FH12 of Van Himst and usually pulling a DSV trailer so I don’t know how many there are now.

Yeah Pacho, that was their yard, the good news is the “bar” is still open!!

hi,any body remember a fridge company that ran f12 globetrotters with a name something like schoonbroodt,they had a really distinctive paint job that started off white and gradually got bluer until it was navy blue at back of cab or was i just drinking too much primus? :smiley:

dcal:

jimbotruck:

dcal:
me on the bobcat shuttle between Rotterdam and Antwerp
(sorry for dubble posting of the pic.)

Did you ever come across the Blue Foden when doing that job??

hello Jimbotruck, I must have, we did that job around '91/'92/'93, but in those days we seem to drive
only in the dark (or was it my eyelids that kept closing when going straight ahead), from what year
is the pics of the Foden?

Hi dcal, the pic of the Foden is from 1994, it was jack-knifed on the Antwerp ring not long after the first pic was taken, she still lives on, I am in the middle of restoring her just now and was keen to see if anyone remembered it. This is how she is looking now.

Davyboy:
hi,any body remember a fridge company that ran f12 globetrotters with a name something like schoonbroodt,they had a really distinctive paint job that started off white and gradually got bluer until it was navy blue at back of cab or was i just drinking too much primus? :smiley:

Hi Davyboy, it certainly wasn’t primus you were drinking (must be some low alcoholic dutch horsepiss beer!?), here’s a
picture of one, there were taken over by Galliker around 1999 I’ve heard.
244.jpg

dcal:

Davyboy:

Hi Davyboy, it certainly wasn’t primus you were drinking (must be some low alcoholic dutch horsepiss beer!?), here’s a
picture of one, there were taken over by Galliker around 1999 I’ve heard.0

some good pictures here: rouleroutier.xooit.be/t77-Transp … t-Fils.htm if you google them the boss was done for diesel tax fraud and naffed off to monaco or somewhere :laughing:

cheers for the link to schoonbroodt pics,pretty striking livery

Hey, here a Camerman (Europa Express) LB110 Super. A trip to Saudi,in the middle of nowhere.

cheers Eric,

Hey, Up to Italy in winter happy happy.

Bye Eric,