At last...

Doesn’t it really? I’m out for an xmas present for my younguns (who Desmond claims doesn’t exist) so a tip would be appreciated :wink:

milodon:
Doesn’t it really? I’m out for an xmas present for my younguns (who Desmond claims doesn’t exist) so a tip would be appreciated :wink:

I’ve seen a few polls here, but don’t know how to start one. Maybe you know how. I want a simple yes or no: In your opinion, is matey;

A. An owner-driver of a custom-built (from Volvo) FH16, who lives in Spain, but is one of eighteen children, born on a boat in Spanish waters to a Russian father, but from East Anglia, and has a Porsche that lives on a turntable, married to a Romanian bird who, pilots said FH all over Europe, but can’t find simple places in Kent, is very strong, recently came through a huge and potentially life-changing injury, whilst at the same time nursing his wife through the death of her father (heart attack) and is now back on the road, having had “his/her run” kept “open” for them in an economy that is on its knees, or…

B. A fantasist nut-job.

I await your answers.

B, just to ■■■■ off Hercule Pierrot :smiley:

B

Punchy Dan:
B

^^. This’ll end up locked :wink:

Come on then Andrew, you never did answer me to tell me what truck actually turned up

So did you get a FH16 700 with a dual clutch ishift that you ordered?

The reason “Andrew” can’t find the FH16 700 on Volvos website is probably due to the fact Volvo dropped it back in 2013, never to be sold as an FH4 :laughing:

O dear, here we go again, so much for the season of Goodwill.

I dont care if andrew is real or not at least its not the same jobby that some post on here ffs how about give it a rest.Some of you are almost as boring at watching paint dry.

Yup, nothing much to see here. Wouldn’t have commented if it wasn’t for vino tinto hindering my otherwise brilliant mind :laughing:

I would like to see some photographic evidence of this fabled vehicle.
It can’t be that difficult can it?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I also can’t understand why all this doesn’t just get sorted out with a simple photo or 2.

Actually, I do know why it can’t [emoji57] but I don’t really care so generally choose to ignore it.

Drempels:

milodon:

I’ve seen a few polls here, but don’t know how to start one. Maybe you know how. I want a simple yes or no: In your opinion, is matey;

A. An owner-driver of a custom-built (from Volvo) FH16, who lives in Spain, but is one of eighteen children, born on a boat in Spanish waters to a Russian father, but from East Anglia, and has a Porsche that lives on a turntable, married to a Romanian bird who, pilots said FH all over Europe, but can’t find simple places in Kent, is very strong, recently came through a huge and potentially life-changing injury, whilst at the same time nursing his wife through the death of her father (heart attack) and is now back on the road, having had “his/her run” kept “open” for them in an economy that is on its knees, or…

B. A fantasist nut-job.

I await your answers.

I DO live in Spain (Nerja), im NOT one of 18 children, i WAS born on a boat in the bay of Biscay to a Russian father and Spanish mother, I DID live in East Anglia, i do have a Porsche (a used Caymen (sold the 911 cabrio) worth no more than the value of a new Fiesta) , im NOT married to a Romanian bird, shes Spanish, shes does pilot the FH but NOT all over Europe (Malaga to Calais mainly) and ive only asked for advice on this forum re truck access and bridges in the UK on this forum to make life easier for her and to give me piece of mind, I DID have a potential life threatening injury, Karlas father DID have a heart attack and confirm he IS now dead and buried, and ref fitness, yes i AM very fit and strong. Hope that clears it up for you…
Ref our work, the company i sub for C.E.Tva has kept our run open for us, however it was being done by other drivers anyway so no loss to them whatsoever. As for the economy being on its knees, a very large % of work is own account (Reef One/Pets at home/various Spanish garden centres, the company has its own agg grading and packaging facility and to date is doing just fine.

ref Miloden, you dont know him as i do, hes a very bitter and twisted little man who has a grudge against us for over 20 years. He refuses to meet me but instead throws abuse about on this forum to also include my wife. 137 vile emails we have so far…
Draw your own conclusions as to why this ■■■■ persists with his hatred…

EDIT- re your poll, i cant help you either but im sure one of the mods could point you in the right direction if you want to go ahead with it…

AndrewG:

OwenMoney:
French truckers on strike as of 22.00 Sunday -------

Called off by all accounts…then again the french being french the next could start 23.00…does seem to be mixed news on all fronts…

Time we started doing the same thing here, and kick this shower of [zb] hard, where it hurts…

papermonkey:

AndrewG:

OwenMoney:

Called off by all accounts…then again the french being french the next could start 23.00…does seem to be mixed news on all fronts…

Time we started doing the same thing here, and kick this shower of [zb] hard, where it hurts…

I tell you what mate, if we did what a ■■■■ shock they would get, it would be the least thing they would expect, knowing that we basically have accepted any old crap in the past, and it would be as welcome to them as crabs.

Send out.a message we’re sick of being treated as underclass.
Demanding at least minimal basic human right facilities, to help us do our job and abide by the rules THEY set in terms of parking up when time is up.

Proper Century 21 max working hours with pay brought into line with it, MPs have no bother awarding themselves massive annual rises out of their…minimal financial resources. :unamused:

And all the crap t.s and c.s sorted.

Within 2 weeks the country would maybe not be behind us but it would be necessary for them to at least start to sort the whole cluster ■■■■ out that this job has been downgraded to since I started it.

However could you see some of the spineless yes men we have to endure alongside us today actually even considering that? :unamused:
I reckon there’s more chance of John Lennon reforming The Beatles and them doing a comeback gig. :smiley:

Btw Andrew mate …ffs put up a photo and put all this crap to bed, if you did what’s the worst that could happen eh? :neutral_face:
All this is getting a bit cringeworthy and boring now mate tbh. :bulb:

I’m with robroy you organise it mate and I’ll be there( I’ve got a premium shift booked on the 24th so make it after then :grimacing: ) Andrew I’m prepared to take your posts at face value and we may even have met as I did a few loads for RL as a subbie in the 90s (I had a white 143) but just put a picture on mate and if Carla forgets her clothes so be it :smiling_imp:

robroy:

papermonkey:

AndrewG:

OwenMoney:

I tell you what mate, if we did what a [zb] shock they would get, it would be the least thing they would expect, knowing that we basically have accepted any old crap in the past, and it would be as welcome to them as crabs.

Demanding at least minimal basic human right facilities, to help us do our job and abide by the rules THEY set in terms of parking up when time is up.

Proper Century 21 max working hours with pay brought into line with it, MPs have no bother awarding themselves massive annual rises out of their…minimal financial resources. :unamused:

Within 2 weeks the country would maybe not be behind us but it would be necessary for them to at least start to sort the whole cluster [zb] out that this job has been downgraded to since I started it.

However could you see some of the spineless yes men we have to endure alongside us today actually even considering that? :unamused:
I reckon there’s more chance of John Lennon reforming The Beatles and them doing a comeback gig. :smiley:

Btw Andrew mate …ffs put up a photo and put all this crap to bed, if you did what’s the worst that could happen eh? :neutral_face:

It will never happen here too many hand to mouth drivers and even more hand to mouth folks leasing lorries or ticked up to the knackers on franchises ect ect dare not say boo to a goose .

robroy:

papermonkey:

AndrewG:

OwenMoney:

I tell you what mate, if we did what a [zb] shock they would get, it would be the least thing they would expect, knowing that we basically have accepted any old crap in the past, and it would be as welcome to them as crabs.

Within 2 weeks the country would maybe not be behind us but it would be necessary for them to at least start to sort the whole cluster [zb] out that this job has been downgraded to since I started it.

I just don’t really see what pay has to do with the government, or t&c, if you ain’t happy ■■■■■ at your company about it or vote with your feet and drive someone else’s truck that’ll offer what you want.

Plus MPs don’t award their own pay anymore

I know that’ll get me labelled as spineless, but, it couldn’t be further from the truth, I stand up for myself when and where it matters

You didn’t answer me again Andrew!!

The FH 700 dual clutch that you ordered, did that turn up??

stevieboy308:

robroy:
[quote

AndrewG:

OwenMoney:

I just don’t really see what pay has to do with the government, or t&c, if you ain’t happy ■■■■■ at your company about it or vote with your feet and drive someone else’s truck that’ll offer what you want.

Plus MPs don’t award their own pay anymore

I know that’ll get me labelled as spineless, but, it couldn’t be further from the truth, I stand up for myself when and where it matters

The first thing I listed, ie proper facilities is Council/Govt determined, as far as I know local councils have an obligation even to provide parking sites for gypsies, so it would appear that us drivers are considered below them on the food chain.
The Govt are definitely able to determine driver’s hours rules also, (especially when we finally get tf out of the EU) so the pay structure could be adjusted to where you do not have to work time equal to a week and a half’s hours to earn a week’s wages…as many do now. :smiling_imp:

As for changing jobs, personally in my area firms are much of a muchness and I work for the best of a bad bunch, so unless I go outbased from another area or country as I used to, there is no point.
And for the record I do my fair share of making my opinions clear there, but a single voice only makes things better for myself at least.