au revouir uk

hi all any advice on obtaining work in france?early thirties wife an two kids
we sick of england an they want france problem is i dont speak french! but would adapt quickly! c1 license adr and flt any help or advice from u guys on gaining employment would be extremely welcome
many thanx 8 :sunglasses:

Yoo dude, (sorry listening to steve earl on the web)which part of m/cr you from not oldham I hope,first thing how long you been driving,next you need fcos 3 day course all in french

sorry wrong button,yeah all in french,not many ways round it apart for working for a none french company.The unemployment rate here is an average of 9.4%,there is work but without the fimo and fcos no chance,Do your your homework is the best I can say,where are you going to be in france :sunglasses:

ahh moo you found your way here :sunglasses:
right as froggy said you need to sort out out either fimo or fcos depending on how long you have had your licence, i have only had my c+e for 2 years so i have to do fimo, and as froggy has mentioned in the past it is a 4 week course, around €1800-€2ooo and all in french, as i only need to drive for 4-6 months a year just through the winter it is a bit much.
most french companies will sponser a driver through as there is a driver shortage here too, and most companies run top kit as well, i have enquired with my local tnt depot and they have said they will pay for a translator to help if neccessary but they are not sure about contracts as yet,they are finding out where we stand.
if it turns out to be to much hastle i will have to go back to the uk for the winter and work from there.
the life here in france is better than back in the uk but be prepared for the minefield that is french burocracy (spelling??) they do love there paperwork :unamused:
bon chance
chris

thx for the advice u guys me held licence 2yrs an me aint from oldham me from denton m8 only bout 6 mile away is everything in france covered in that red tape?

Hi moo, from oldham as you may of guessed,you dont say where in france youill be moving to.

red tape, there is miles of the stuff but it is all worth while in the end but a good grasp of french is a must, its the meet people half way thing, if you are driving at the mo get a teach yourself french course to stick on in the cab, earn and learn as they say.
have you got any idea where in france you want to go, and ideas about budget and what you want to buy, move straight in or a bit of renovation work :question: :question:
there are a few of us on here from different regions, im down in the south east in a department called the auvergne, froggy is somewhere further south near the sea, craig111 is up north near st omer so we can all give advice/opinions about where we live if you are interestedâ– â– ?
and 2 years you will be in the same boat as me then you will have to take fimo :cry:
c1 is rigids isnt it?
chris

dosent matter either way, he will have to still do fimo!!

how would i stand 15 + yrs National & international Minimal French Written & spoken, would like to move to Port Vendre or that area :wink: :laughing:

you will have to do the fcos course, 3 days and about €300.
same advice buy a cd or tape course and learn whilst you earn, brush up on the francais un peut and you should be ok.
for ideas get in touch with craig111 and he can tell you who to get in touch with up north, down this way the bigies are tnt and multi transport, nobbies are based mainly up north and in central france but have a waiting list :exclamation: :exclamation:
hope this helps
chris