Are you concerned/bothered about the corona virus?

I would guess we could be seeing a relaxation of RDC waiting room rules before long.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would guess again.
drivers dont work for the rdc they visit hence the rdc wont give a toss.
even if they did,someone would have to make the decision to relax the rule meaning the buck stops at them for any accident relating to that,hence they will be reluctant to be answerable.

Not really.

I’m fit n healthy only affects the old n frail older people.
Have seen a few gate/security staff in masks. And went expo heanor Friday was signs on gate wear gloves .
I was walking to goods in desk got told put gloves on to protect from corona virus.
Doubt the offer much protection pair of work.gloves but yeah.

robbo99.:
The one thing that concerns me is that the Chinese government get a thousand bed hospital constructed in a week, put cities into lockdown and arrest citizens if they don’t abide by the restrictions, what do our government do, yes they tell us how to wash our hands properly whilst singing happy birthday or God save the Queen.

They can build a hospital fast. Though this article on a 2 year old Hotel collapsing makes me wonder if I want them to build HS2 for half price. They say buy cheap buy twice.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51787936

633 squadrons on I player if anyone wants to remember what being a REEEAL man’s all about…[emoji16]

I ain’t bothered for me, although I will admit I’m concerned for those who are vulnerable, and my own lads as they all have asthma.
I’m also perplexed as too what’s NOT not being done in regards to hygiene/logic in general to try and slow the pace.

I mean has anyone seen trolleys being cleaned as an example of all the things probably no one can be arsed, or even acknowledges as necessary to think about as it’s the pace/how it spreads I’m concerned about.

If I didn’t have kids then to be honest it’d be business as usual for me personally as if your not a scruffy/idiotic ■■■■ then it’s fair easy to carry on an stay out of the worst of it/not share it by using some basic SAS life skills…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Seeing as the average age of truck drivers is 55+ I guess the shortage will be getting worse, still in the mean time if anyone needs toilet roll I can do you 6 for £20. [emoji50][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all,more people die of the flu every year.This new drama is being hyped up while msm are covering up real news like Turkey flooding europe with islamists…ETC

:unamused:

dieseldog999:
I would guess we could be seeing a relaxation of RDC waiting room rules before long.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would guess again.
even if they did,someone would have to make the decision to relax the rule meaning the buck stops at them for any accident relating to that,hence they will be reluctant to be answerable.
[/quote]
I can see them getting worse.
Ie have wear a mask gloves or be refused etc

Two things about the panic merchants emptying the shelves of hand sanitzer by buying 20 bottles at a time

1 - Do they not realise that to beat the virus other people need to be able to wash their hands as well?

2 - They load them into a basket or trolly at their local supermarket. Do they wonder when the last time any of those handles were cleaned properly was?

maga:

the maoster:

maga:
I’m not really concerned for myself but I do worry for the elderly and the already sick. I’m sure we all know somebody that wouldn’t fair well if they contracted the virus.

Your worry is commendable I’m sure, but would you worry any less if they contracted flu, shingles or any other manner of ailment as you yourself have already mentioned the elderly and the already?

It’s pointless comparing it to the flu or other known ailments as there are proven vaccines and treatments. A vaccine for this virus is 6 months away absolute minimum.

then you have the mortality rate of the flu being 0.1% and WHO have estimated the mortality rate of Covid-19 to be between 3% and 3.4% so if it does take a hold spreading, the NHS will struggle even more than it already is.

The death rate isn’t actually the scariest aspect of the virus really. The systemic risks to healthcare is the larger concern for most.

Like i said, i’m not worried for myself.

Good post.
Not only is COVID 19 much worse if you are infected, it will be much more widespread as no one has any resistance because of previous exposure or vaccination.
We habitually see our hospitals overloaded with patients in the winter due to the normal flu. With more infected, and those being subject to worse symptoms it looks bad.
We can forget any elective procedures being carried out if they are struggling to manage.
There is no slack in the system normally, there is no room for extraordinary events such as this.
No need to panic or hoard, but let’s do what we can to slow down the spread.

I think they may try to carry on as now for a while but if their own drivers start going down sick and they wake up to it being because their drivers sit in a crowded waiting room too then the penny might drop. It will drop when the baked beans don’t turn up.

edd1974:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would guess again.

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats possible if only for no other reason that itl give security another reason to irritate and annoy on a power trip with the added bonus of the rdc passing the buck to the driver/owners.

Beetlejuice:
Not at all,more people die of the flu every year.This new drama is being hyped up while msm are covering up real news like Turkey flooding europe with islamists…ETC

Statistics provided by Dr Facebook I see.
Well, that surely knocks the World Health Organisation and The National Health Service out the court, doesn’t it?

Was sent this yesterday…

=================

Click image to see full size

cav551:
I think they may try to carry on as now for a while but if their own drivers start going down sick and they wake up to it being because their drivers sit in a crowded waiting room too then the penny might drop. It will drop when the baked beans don’t turn up.

some good news on the baked beans and toilet rolls.
borris has announced stores can now take deliveries at night.

edd1974:

cav551:

some good news on the baked beans and toilet rolls.
borris has announced stores can now take deliveries at night.

I see he is quite well informed about the fairies that work at night then

After 19 years of being involved with infection control and working with every industry sector including hospitals and supplying the UK Armed forces with their decontamination training materials for the Ebola outbreak, supplying WHO, NATO and other organisations around the globe I was taking it all with a pinch of salt…Then I saw a well respected scientist speaking about what his thoughts were on this new corona virus and when I noticed his body language was different to what he was actually saying, I have decided to be concerned, very concerned.
My business has been doing 1 week of business every day, including weekends for the last 10 days and that is unprecedented, so we are seeing panic from everyone.

My own gut feeling of all this is that we have seen nothing yet and it will become a very real and horrible situation and quite soon, two weeks time will be a real test of all in this country.

The whole of Italy is now quarantined. :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:

What ? you dont think telling the goods in staff that 'heres your papers and my keys, do you mind awfully if I can sit in my cab as I have a fever and a dry cough and dont want to spread it around just in case it is something worse’
I’m sure they would oblige :slight_smile:

Seriously, I am a little worried, the wife is still getting over Pnuemonia and I myself have underlying health problems, I just keep my distance from everyone!

John Travolta was hospitalized for suspected COVid-19

…But the doctors now confirm it was only Saturday night fever and they assure everyone that he is Staying alive.

This government is too concerned about damage to the economy than damage to people’s health.