British Lorry Driver "Bleck Marketeering"

Whilst I could imagine a scenario of turning “Crisis” into “Opportunity” as per the chinese glyph of the same two meanings…

I must admit this one had me a bit baffled…?

I wonder how many UK workers will take up Boris’ new opportunity of “Instant SSP” as well?

…Surely we might be coming into a time now where the “Gig Economy” really turns the corner…

Who’s gonna let their income go down to zero - because there’s no help for ZHC workers?

…Who’s gonna jump at the chance of turning up for shifts at an increasing hourly rate, simply because so many full-timers are off work already, AND one personally doesn’t believe in all this tosh about a “Pandemic”…?

Actually, I ZHC might want to consider “getting some holiday in” - bearing in mind that we might now be seeing an extra “Busy Season” this year as a result of all the Coronavirus hype… :bulb:

You’ve got more chance of catching and dying of Flu, than Crona-virus…

Being over hyped by the press and Stoopid-media,

I’d be a bit more wary of the corona thingy, there’s an ex medical scientist who’s blog i read sometimes, he explains basically the problem with this virus is it can be incubating in the person (who’s infecting all around unbeknown) for some 2 weeks before symptoms show, and getting over it doesn’t guarantee you can’t get a re-infection, it’s apparently the second infection that’s the most dangerous…and that’s about as much as he can gather because the h’experts aint so bloody h’expert on this either.

No i don’t think we should be panicking, but neither should this be assumed to be a get rich quick scheme for opportunist agency lads.

biggriffin:

You are actually wrong, the deaths are 3.7% for this virus, there are two types of COVID-19(S & L), it has mutated and will continue to do so.

I look at it that 97 people in a hundred will survive, however it is more virulent in its behaviour and thus easier to catch, it lives longer on inanimate surfaces than most other virus and we are still learning just what humidity and temperature does to it, but it does not get killed by high temperatures, part of this is because it may have originated in Bats and they have a higher core temperature than humans, so the virus will not be killed by a humans immune system raising its temperature, this is really interesting and a wonderful aspect of it.

One of the really great things is that it appears to live longer on bank notes, this is hugely significant for the developing countries.

We are in the early days and I have some information regarding a possible herpes feature, in that the virus may actually live in the host and resurface at a later time…Hugely interesting.

Now, once you understand just how effective this virus could actually be at killing human beings, but allowing other species to live, it is really quite amazing and for some, worrying.

Personally…I feel that only positive outcomes will be experienced, as it rids society of the old and the weak and allows houses to be freed up, so that the younger people who are mostly resistant to the virus are able to have their own house and spend the proceeds of the deaths of loder people, it may actually bring some balance back to society.

I know this will not be a popular view, but it is an altruistic view…I am of the age that it will probably kill me.

There have been 3,250 deaths from Corona virus in two months. Around the world 24,000 people die of starvation every single day. A sense of proportion is needed here I think.

That 33 year old doctor who died of it might not agree with the Tude’s last post, pun intended.

Oh yes we should free some housing up for others, shall i sign the bungalow i’ve paid for and live in over to some more deserving complete strangers who got half way here on a raft and our intrepid chaps in the coastguard/RN/border patrol ferried them the last 15 miles.
:unamused:

You read some bloody rot these days, but wishing people in the autumn of their lives an early demise ranks among the most unpleasant views on life it’s been my misfortune to read here.

Tude:

biggriffin:

You are actually wrong, the deaths are 3.7% for this virus, there are two types of COVID-19(S & L), it has mutated and will continue to do so.

I look at it that 97 people in a hundred will survive, however it is more virulent in its behaviour and thus easier to catch, it lives longer on inanimate surfaces than most other virus and we are still learning just what humidity and temperature does to it, but it does not get killed by high temperatures, part of this is because it may have originated in Bats and they have a higher core temperature than humans, so the virus will not be killed by a humans immune system raising its temperature, this is really interesting and a wonderful aspect of it.

One of the really great things is that it appears to live longer on bank notes, this is hugely significant for the developing countries.

We are in the early days and I have some information regarding a possible herpes feature, in that the virus may actually live in the host and resurface at a later time…Hugely interesting.

Now, once you understand just how effective this virus could actually be at killing human beings, but allowing other species to live, it is really quite amazing and for some, worrying.

Personally…I feel that only positive outcomes will be experienced, as it rids society of the old and the weak and allows houses to be freed up, so that the younger people who are mostly resistant to the virus are able to have their own house and spend the proceeds of the deaths of loder people, it may actually bring some balance back to society.

I know this will not be a popular view, but it is an altruistic view…I am of the age that it will probably kill me.

So, would it be altruistic to close all hospitals and sack doctors?
I mean there would be more available housing, wouldn’t there?
Housing, education and hospital shortages ate NOT the fault of those that require them! They are largely the fault of those that already have them, but deny investment for those following on.
Maybe you’re not one of the selfish ones, but possibly you’ve been listening to them too long.

Franglais:

Tude:

biggriffin:

So, would it be altruistic to close all hospitals and sack doctors?
I mean there would be more available housing, wouldn’t there?
Housing, education and hospital shortages ate NOT the fault of those that require them! They are largely the fault of those that already have them, but deny investment for those following on.
Maybe you’re not one of the selfish ones, but possibly you’ve been listening to them too long.

Possibly…I don`t really know, modern life has become too complicated for me in the UK and I will be shuffling off to a third world country to live very soon, the virus thing may make that sooner than anticipated as I have a house on the top of a mountain in Portugal that is horticulturally very productive…So I need not of anything really, other than good health, I have that and I shall protect it…The UK is finished in my opinion.

Harry Monk:
There have been 3,250 deaths from Corona virus in two months. Around the world 24,000 people die of starvation every single day. A sense of proportion is needed here I think.

24,000 people from a population of?
7,700,000,000…(April 2019)
Your mortality figure only applies to those already infected. 94,000. (Science Update site 03/03/2020)
You’re mixing up different figures relating to different sets.
COVID 19 has maybe a 1%…ish mortality rate accoring to the WHO.
80% may be a reasonable infection rate for a virus with no existing vaccines and no immunity from previous infections.
So, maybe you wanna do the maths with me? Let’s estimate it.
8 billion in the world.
(Call it 7.5 for ease)
80% is four fifths or 4 x 1.5 equals 6 billion.
1%, is (6,000,000,000) knock off two zeros.
60 million dead.
Seems a lot? It is.
Spanish Flu killed 15 or 50 million…from a world population a quarter of what it is today.
I’m not saying all is doom gloom and despair.
I do say don’t look at stupid figures comparing different mortality rates from dubious internet sources.
DON’T JUST BELIEVE ME!
Go on the www and look at the NHS and WHO and other reliable sources of info.
There is nonsense out there, but there is genuine good stuff too.

Leviticus 11, 9-10.

Or 28 days later.

Let the games commence.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Your mortality figure only applies to those already infected. 94,000. (Science Update site 03/03/2020)
80% may be a reasonable infection rate for a virus with no existing vaccines and no immunity from previous infections.
8 billion in the world.
(Call it 7.5 for ease)
60 million dead.
Seems a lot? It is.
Spanish Flu killed 15 or 50 million…from a world population a quarter of what it is today.
I do say don’t look at stupid figures comparing different mortality rates from dubious internet sources.
DON’T JUST BELIEVE ME!

The WHO said on 02/03 that the mortality rate, the global mortality rate was 3.4%, today they increased that to 3.7%…That is low compared to other Corona Virus infections that have affected humans recently.

Franglais:
DON’T JUST BELIEVE ME!

What, this WHO?

“The exact timing of when cases in China peaked is unclear. While WHO said cases in China peaked and plateaued mostly in late January, the organization’s own data appears to show that cases leveled off sometime during the week of Feb. 14”.

The debate about extra sick pay makes me laugh. Self employed are asking for extra benefits when they self quarantine but the reason they are self employed is to avoid paying N.I. and tax that pays for those benefits. Cant have it all ways

I remember the Who and the Small Faces, wouldn’t ask them for medical advice though. Keep calm and carry on.

the old timer:
The debate about extra sick pay makes me laugh. Self employed are asking for extra benefits when they self quarantine but the reason they are self employed is to avoid paying N.I. and tax that pays for those benefits. Cant have it all ways

Some of us believe in fairness and being honest…But don`t know why we bother when the others come out with this rubbish…Thank god I am leaving these shores, along with my money, for which no one would care, as I am circumventing the system apparently…….By god how you all so much deserve each other in your pit of misery.

Harry Monk:

Franglais:
DON’T JUST BELIEVE ME!

What, this WHO?

“The exact timing of when cases in China peaked is unclear. While WHO said cases in China peaked and plateaued mostly in late January, the organization’s own data appears to show that cases leveled off sometime during the week of Feb. 14”.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it levelled out in mid feb over there just as millions of beef links were coming back home from bejing after celebrating their new year…just in time to snotter all over our chicken chop suey this weekend…were all doomed… :open_mouth:

I see the Australians have been panic buying toilet roll. Must be ■■■■■■■■ themselves.

Harry Monk:

Franglais:
DON’T JUST BELIEVE ME!

What, this WHO?

Cherry picking of data.
In one area, the virus may be being contained. If so it is by the draconian measures employed by the Chinese state. The province is being locked down. This is highly unlikely to happen elsewhere. And there are new pockets of infection in China, outside of Wuhan province, brought in from outside of China.
The global trend is still upwards.
If a forest fire starts, and the small area that first caught alight, with gallons of water thrown on it, is burning less fiercely, is that sign it will all die off soon?
Sparks are igniting all over the place. Maybe a pandemic can yet be avoided by taking strong measures. People falsely repeating nonsense that this is no worse than a cold are unlikely to cooperate with those measures though.
Edit.
Any link to the WHO data showing the plateau effect please?
Or is that quote someone else reporting and interpreting the WHO figures?
Edit.2.
And when the virus was first reported to the WHO by China there will have been many historic cases all loaded into the first few week’s figures. This would produce a hump in figures reported, that don’t represent a hump in the actual figures of new infections.

Tude:

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

8 billion in the world.
(Call it 7.5 for ease)
60 million dead.
Seems a lot? It is.
DON’T JUST BELIEVE ME!

The WHO said on 02/03 that the mortality rate, the global mortality rate was 3.4%, today they increased that to 3.7%…That is low compared to other Corona Virus infections that have affected humans recently.

You’ve got to remember this is an evolving situation, and the data is unclear.
That 3.5 ish figure has been criticised.
It takes a while to die from this virus. Those dying today will have been infected a week or two ago. Those diagnosed and counted today are (mostly) alive.
So, if we compare deaths today from case numbers two weeks ago, we get a high mortality.
Conversely if we recognise that there may be many who have the virus, but only have mild symptoms, and may not be on the radar, this leads to the deaths being from what is actually a much bigger pool of infection. This means that the figure of 3.5 could well be an over estimate.
It is difficult to do accurate analysis when the biggest effort is trying to stop something.
Heard a lovely phrase about it, “like trying to construct an aeroplane after you’ve taken off”! It’s here it’s flying and we are trying to understand what it is.

Tude:
Possibly…I don`t really know, modern life has become too complicated for me in the UK and I will be shuffling off to a third world country to live very soon, the virus thing may make that sooner than anticipated as I have a house on the top of a mountain in Portugal that is horticulturally very productive…So I need not of anything really, other than good health, I have that and I shall protect it…The UK is finished in my opinion.

Portugal is a third world country? Who knew?