Are you concerned/bothered about the corona virus?

jakethesnake:
How can you blame the Govt?

Remind us how it got from China to here in a matter of weeks.Why are they talking about lock down of affected areas in the west but people were allowed to travel freely to/from the Chinese epicentre.Including plane loads being ‘evacuated’.
As for its contagion and fatalities we’re obviously being told bs.It was 83 here on Saturday now it’s over 300 having jumped from 273 yesterday.While the death rate varies from 1% to 2% which is 10 to 20 times that of flu.

While a vaccine only ( hopefully ) provides immunisation.Not a cure for those who’ve caught it.Why is the government so quiet on the use of anti virals in that regard just like in the case of flu etc.Oh wait they cost big money.

The word is that the body can’t create immunity to it anyway.When you’ve got it it stays and you remain infectious.It can then return in the future.

The known unknowns are concerning and unhelpful at this time, but what about the unknown unknowns?

Delaying the spread seems to be helpful in terms of learning more and knowledge is power.

Noremac:
The known unknowns are concerning and unhelpful at this time, but what about the unknown unknowns?

Delaying the spread seems to be helpful in terms of learning more and knowledge is power.

You tell us what the “unknown unknowns” are then!
[emoji3]

Well I’m off to self isolate now for four days, along with the wife and kid after confirmation that two family members have it after returning from skiing in Italy in Feb.

Dont really want to lose the money but it’s not so important so I’ll enjoy my enforced time off.

Good luck to anyone using my unit :laughing:

Beetlejuice:
Not at all,more people die of the flu every year.This new drama is being hyped up while msm are covering up real news like Turkey flooding europe with islamists…ETC

Jeez are there still people who believe that about Turkey?

Darkside:

Beetlejuice:
Not at all,more people die of the flu every year.This new drama is being hyped up while msm are covering up real news like Turkey flooding europe with islamists…ETC

Jeez are there still people who believe that about Turkey?

Think he means the recent loosening of the border rather than the whole Turkey joining the EU thingybob but who knows…

We have just returned from Malta, we are still in a hotel at Gatwick, we haven’t even heard about Covid 19 until this morning. Gatwick running normally, seen one woman wearing a mask, presumably because she thought it protected her from stupidity, even saw some Brits getting on the plane with a multipack of bog rolls.

965c5279f2623c4efaa28d7ea95a6982.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tude:
After 19 years of being involved with infection control and working with every industry sector including hospitals and supplying the UK Armed forces with their decontamination training materials for the Ebola outbreak, supplying WHO, NATO and other organisations around the globe I was taking it all with a pinch of salt…Then I saw a well respected scientist speaking about what his thoughts were on this new corona virus and when I noticed his body language was different to what he was actually saying, I have decided to be concerned, very concerned.
My business has been doing 1 week of business every day, including weekends for the last 10 days and that is unprecedented, so we are seeing panic from everyone.

My own gut feeling of all this is that we have seen nothing yet and it will become a very real and horrible situation and quite soon, two weeks time will be a real test of all in this country.

The whole of Italy is now quarantined. :open_mouth:

Yet the ferry still runs to Malta with no restrictions. The airlines are flying into Luqa. There was a shortage of fresh Salmon on the aeroplane last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEVER!..

Order fish on a plane! :open_mouth:

I am in the at risk group due to underlying health .
I am just keeping up with personal hygiene and avoiding to much public contact .
I have bog rolls but no baked beans or pot noodle, I don’t have any hand sanitizer but I do have isopropyl, the main active ingredient of many hand sanitation mixes and lots of bleach !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Concerned about the virus. Me. Nah.

But part of me is starting to think that it could be just one prong in an attack by the Chinese.
There is some way off the reservation things going on around the world today and from where I am
stood, the British media seems determined to keep a lid on it by publishing acres of photos of
Me-again Sparkle. Anyone remember that Brexit palaver?

Think about it, destabilize the population into breaking down there own systems with a weaponized
virus whilst simultaneously stalling the world economy by cutting off trade leading to a domino effect
of job losses and debt defaults
Add to this their old allies the Russians getting into a toe to toe with OPEC and things start looking
like an unconventional world war by defeating an enemy (you and me) without a shot being fired.

So virus, no. The panic that is being caused by its presence, very much concerned.

Just waiting for the “Celeb Video Appeal”…

A lot of us are going to die of Hospitals, seeing that’s where most people actually do end up snuffing it, one way or another.

If you visit a hospital for any reason in the next month - you are rather more likely to die than someone who won’t be visiting a hospital anytime soon, even though they are a bit under the weather right now…
You could easily go to a hospital for a routine check-up, and catch something that ends up killing you from all the other coughing and sneezing waiting room fodder that one normally finds hanging about such places.
I can’t see many ZHC people being there, but a lot of say, casual public sector workers who get full sick pay, and are encouraged to bank their germs in such an environment.

It is the mugs who are only just finding out what the inside of a hospital looks like, having not been to this one since it was built - who then stand at highest risk of picking up

If I were in Italy, I’d try and keep on going to work as long as I could… Other healthy people at work most likely, with public-fronty people on guaranteed sick pay income - likely to be the first ones to “volunteer” to #self-isolate#

Oh, and one is always more likely to catch a bug from a neighbor on benefits already, rather than a work colleague who doesn’t spend enough time around sniffy coughy people, as they are on docket all the time. :frowning:

Winseer:

A lot of us are going to die of Hospitals, seeing that’s where most people actually do end up snuffing it, one way or another.

If you visit a hospital for any reason in the next month - you are rather more likely to die than someone who won’t be visiting a hospital anytime soon, even though they are a bit under the weather right now…
You could easily go to a hospital for a routine check-up, and catch something that ends up killing you from all the other coughing and sneezing waiting room fodder that one normally finds hanging about such places.
I can’t see many ZHC people being there, but a lot of say, casual public sector workers who get full sick pay, and are encouraged to bank their germs in such an environment.

It is the mugs who are only just finding out what the inside of a hospital looks like, having not been to this one since it was built - who then stand at highest risk of picking up

If I were in Italy, I’d try and keep on going to work as long as I could… Other healthy people at work most likely, with public-fronty people on guaranteed sick pay income - likely to be the first ones to “volunteer” to #self-isolate#

Oh, and one is always more likely to catch a bug from a neighbor on benefits already, rather than a work colleague who doesn’t spend enough time around sniffy coughy people, as they are on docket all the time. :frowning:

PLease….Tell me who was the first person to bring it to the UK once again… :laughing:

Tude:

Winseer:

PLease….Tell me who was the first person to bring it to the UK once again… :laughing:

Everyone knows it originated in a Dole queue in an as yet to be identified Jobcentre and was then spread around the world in no time.

Nothing to do with Bat eating Chinese gourmets or a bio weapons tech experiment gone wrong or deliberate release.Or the government sending Jumbo Jets to Wuhan to bring anyone who wanted to leave the place here to ‘safety’.

I read a pretty chilling first person account from an Italian doctor about how desperate the situation is at hospitals over there. I think the main issue is if too many people get it at once it will collapse the healthcare system (of pretty much any country in the world)

Btw UK’s health minister has tested positive for the covid: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51827356

ETS:
I read a pretty chilling first person account from an Italian doctor about how desperate the situation is at hospitals over there. I think the main issue is if too many people get it at once it will collapse the healthcare system (of pretty much any country in the world)

Btw UK’s health minister has tested positive for the covid: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51827356

In terms of intensive care provision the NHS was already a basket case anyway.Don’t see how hospitals could do much anyway regarding what is a type of super flu.

While I’m open minded regarding the question of bio weapon v naturally occurring.

youtube.com/watch?v=U7F1cnWup9M

As me nan used to say, feed a cold, starve the flu.

Now starving this for 14 days ain’t gonna sort it, as deuteronomy 28:59-61 61specifically points out, it’s an unknown, as in we’ve simply not seen this SPECIFIC one before…

BUT we know it’s type don’t we, its a Germ, and germs need food, so it’s pretty simple, we fast for 40 days/nights an where possible alone!! , as the good book says the wise man did, yet saturn kept turning up, probably offering big roll to the sheeple…[emoji849]

So, it’s STAY at home, drink only clear water, eat only dry CARBOHYDRATES, plain biscuits, whole breads, and absolutely NO Proteins, soups is ya best bet.

Now if you want to clean yourself, have a decent drop of spirit once a day, as it’ll flush an burn the blighters out, we all know whiskeys the best medicine, spirit the best cleaner.

Basically it’s time for our own personal space at our own ‘Winchesters’ or
EXODUS 14:14 if you’d prefer.

One must ask our self’s one thing, if I’m Barking then how comes it’s taken off so badly in countries where ‘FOOD’ consumption is so big a part of their lifestyle?
Even on RED ALERT the clowns are still going out eating together…
Eeeerm hellooooooo [emoji849]

I know I know I should just get back on the QUIET night bus at Dagenham, as I’ve missed me stop at Barking, probs coz i was busy talking to Dre head an Ernie Prang about all things wizardy, bibly bashing an god bothering [emoji16]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

ETS:

Unfortunately our own NHS has been bumping alone the bottom regarding funding for too long. It was expected to go into crisis every normal winter.
People don’t decide they want to catch a bug. Government decided on budget amounts.
Anyways if the virus overtakes us gradually, then that’s better than us all catching the bug in the same week.
One wonders about allowing sports events to continue? Is bookies’ profits more important than health? Should Cheltenham have gone ahead?
Closing down every factory and putting troops on the streets, is clearly too much.
It is a judgment call.
Personally I wish we had someone else weighting up the expert’s advice, making that call.

Yeah maybe the NHS wouldn’t be under such stress had it not been for 10+ years on governmental budget cuts.

Mind you they should be getting £350m a week extra now shouldn’t they? The bus said so…

toonsy:
Yeah maybe the NHS wouldn’t be under such stress had it not been for 10+ years on governmental budget cuts.

Mind you they should be getting £350m a week extra now shouldn’t they? The bus said so…

An event like this would test even a well set up service. It isn’t reasonable to run at 50% in case summat happens.
But our own NHS has been creaking along for years. Not the fault of the personnel of course, but those with private health care, who penny pinch our services to fund tax cuts etc.