Anyone got an iphone 6 or the iwatch?

whelmic:
I have a Iphone 6 plus 128gb and am very happy with it. Pretty similar to the Iphone 5 I had before, but I find the bigger screen much easier to use. No sign of it bending yet!

Presumably they just replace or refund anyway if yours bends.

■■■■:

The narrator over emphasises some words but a thoroughly polished ad none the less. I might hold off on the 6 & wait for one of these beauties, be weird wearing a watch again.

apple.com/uk/watch/films/#film-design

Just ordered myself a Oneplus One :slight_smile:

Tuphead:

Quality!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seany:
'The Reports of iPhone 6 Plus Bending are Greatly Exaggerated' | Technology News

Usual sensationalist scaremongering Chinese whisper histeria then.

Cracks me up all the apple haters, haters gotta hate. Who gives a ■■■■ if someone uses a phone that you’d prefer not to use…

Silver_Surfer:
Cracks me up all the apple haters, haters gotta hate. Who gives a [zb] if someone uses a phone that you’d prefer not to use…

Thing is though fella, I use both!! My work phone is an i-phone (owned by the company I work for) and my own phone is an HTC.
HTC knocks it into a cocked hat. Having both I think makes me well enough to say which is the crap phone of the two!
I’m not hating, its just that the i-phone feels like something from 2007 rather than 2014.
And don’t get me started on the crappy tones its full of and that your stuck with! :unamused: :unamused:
And the O.S that trys to be clever but is actually a pain in the bloody arse. Piece of junk.
I see many folk who come from Apple device to Android but rarely is it the other way around.

Gembo:

Silver_Surfer:
Cracks me up all the apple haters, haters gotta hate. Who gives a [zb] if someone uses a phone that you’d prefer not to use…

Thing is though fella, I use both!! My work phone is an i-phone (owned by the company I work for) and my own phone is an HTC.
HTC knocks it into a cocked hat. Having both I think makes me well enough to say which is the crap phone of the two!
I’m not hating, its just that the i-phone feels like something from 2007 rather than 2014.
And don’t get me started on the crappy tones its full of and that your stuck with! :unamused: :unamused:
And the O.S that trys to be clever but is actually a pain in the bloody arse. Piece of junk.
I see many folk who come from Apple device to Android but rarely is it the other way around.

Couldn’t agree more with this - since old Steve Jobs expired Apple have gone to the dogs big time. Expensive bricks! :wink:

I’ve just got the iPhone 6 plus 64gb. Pretty much the same as my old 5s but bigger.

Gembo:

Silver_Surfer:

I’m one of those people that went from Android to Apple. I did it because I bought a MacBook to escape the abomination that is Windows 8 and wanted everything to work seamlessly together, which it does, but I do think that as a stand alone product the Android phones are better value. That said, the extra things Android phones do and the ability to customise etc. which Android fanboys go on about is of little interest to me whatsoever.

The MacBook btw, is the best laptop I have ever owned by a country mile. It cost me £850 and the spec is no where near what I could have got in a PC, but importantly it’s more than enough spec for my needs and I have had absolutely none of the usual headaches I’ve had with traditional PC laptops over the years. It just works. Brilliantly.

Another article pitting the OnePlus One against the iPhone 6 Plus! Plus vs. Plus–who do you think comes out on top?
bit.ly/PlusvsPlus

My I phone 6 plus turned up at 10:50am on the 24th at 11pm it fell out my pocket as I was getting into my Lorry and smashed the glass so I still don’t know what it’s like yet I didn’t even get the time to insure it

essexandy1963:
My I phone 6 plus turned up at 10:50am on the 24th at 11pm it fell out my pocket as I was getting into my Lorry and smashed the glass so I still don’t know what it’s like yet I didn’t even get the time to insure it

That’s bad luck mate. I must admit I’ve lost mine out of my pocket a few times already, luckily onto the cab floor or seat.

SB

essexandy1963:

Well my suggestion is you get on and insure it then claim! I’m not normally a fan of insurance but I swear by it on phones I’ve broken that many. Mine is insured through Vodafone so I just take it to a store to claim, they have to send it off but I’ve never had a repaired on yet, they generally give you a new one.

I did think of doing that but I’d sent loads of texts to people with my new number and registered it with my iTunes account and done one or two other things with it so they would easy know iv’e used it as would seem strange to break it then use it. One of the things I should of done I know was insure it first.

Lots of folk knocking Windows 8- I have it on my PC and phone (Nokia 1020) and once you get used to it its as good as anything else out there. on my PC I have downloaded classic shell which gets rid of the tiles and gives the look of XP/windows 7 but with the faster work rate of windows 8 - on the phone I like the tiles- just doesn’t work that well on a PC without touch screen

essexandy1963:
I did think of doing that but I’d sent loads of texts to people with my new number and registered it with my iTunes account and done one or two other things with it so they would easy know iv’e used it as would seem strange to break it then use it. One of the things I should of done I know was insure it first.

No just insure it then claim. Not strictly the done thing but hey ho

I believe the Apple store ( if bought from them )will replace a phone for a fee if broken, £100 or so, certainly a lot cheaper than buying a new one anyway.

They’ve started replacing screens in store now. One area where Apple does beast all comers in my opinion is customer service. In my short time as an Apple Fanboy I found their customer service top notch. Alas I just got bored of their products

Rikki-UK:
Lots of folk knocking Windows 8- I have it on my PC and phone (Nokia 1020) and once you get used to it its as good as anything else out there. on my PC I have downloaded classic shell which gets rid of the tiles and gives the look of XP/windows 7 but with the faster work rate of windows 8 - on the phone I like the tiles- just doesn’t work that well on a PC without touch screen

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I got a 1020 3 weeks ago to replace a samsung s3 which i had for 1 year, the windows phone has now been sold on ebay and im waiting delivery of a galaxy note 2
could not belive how slow the camera is, 1 pic every 5 or 6 secs and useless in low light situations and every app requires you to allow microsoft to track you or you cant install it :imp: :imp:
one thing i found good about it was 3g and wifi connection speeds, no stalling and losing the link and the camera was ok in bright light but everything else was very poor compared to my s3