I'm in love

Posting this from my new toy my I phone wow

Just wait till you have to do a long reply from it !!! :smiley:

try to reply to a long post using quote, you won’t be able to write below the quote as you can’t scroll down enough.

Show off :grimacing: Some of us dont even have a camera phone!! :blush: :laughing:

They’re great aren’t they? (says Tony the Tiger) A friend of mine got one and said how brilliant they were and I was a bit disbelieving as all these new fangled phones are usually a pain in the arris to use and don’t work very well but eventually I cracked and bought one after having 3 new phones (free upgrades) over the past few years but keeping my old simple 99p phone in play as they were all crap. I got a Nokia N97 smart phone recently which was rubbish, poor interface and crashed from time to time.

The thing about the apple I-phone and other apple products is they just work so well, the interface is smooth and intuitive with no glitches or crashing of software. I haven’t bought any “apps” apart from tetris and don’t use most of the features but it just works as a phone and for text messages very well, it has motion sensors so you can turn the phone 90 degreees and a larger keyboard pops on screen for easier texting. The touch screen is brilliant. It’s also one of those rarities being a design classic, I do find myself just holding it from time to time and giving it the odd stroke, “my precious”.

No, i’m not an apple sales rep.

All these 3G phones are still crap at connecting to the internet in any meaningful way.

Pah shove yer iPhone, get a htc HD2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Mobile services

You can now stay in touch with our latest information and traffic updates on the move thanks to our mobile website service and new iPhone app.

Not all of us have access to a computer throughout the day to check the latest traffic conditions. So by providing information ready-made for mobiles and hand-held devices, you can now access our key information services when you are away from a computer.

We are dedicated to making your journey as safe and reliable as possible. Where delays occur we want to make sure that you can access information quickly and easily.
iPhone app

If you have an iPhone you can now take advantage of our free travel news app. The app allows you to check how the traffic is flowing on motorways and major A roads in England before you begin your journey. You can also listen to Traffic Radio in a particular region. We only provide information for roads that we manage within England, which are detailed within our Network Maps.

Official data is collected from thousands of vehicle monitors, CCTV and patrol reports to show where the Highways Agency network is flowing well and to keep you up-to-date with traffic incidents as they break throughout the day.

The travel information covers unplanned incidents such as accidents and congestion, plus lane closures and other restrictions due to improvement works.

You can download the free app by going to the iTunes store or by searching for ‘Highways Agency’.

See our FAQs for more information about the app.
iPhone app features
Regional Locator

The app will home in on your current location to give you the traffic news when and where you need it. You can also search by different regions so you can quickly access detailed information relevant to your journey;
Breaking News Headlines

Major traffic Breaking News incidents, latest traffic headlines and top stories are updated throughout the day;

Current Traffic Incidents

Receive information on the latest unplanned incidents on our network 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Incidents can be selected by region/road;
Planned Roadworks Events

All of our planned (current and future) road maintenance and improvement schemes are listed and can be filtered by region or road;
Traffic Radio

The app allows you to listen to the regional feed of digital Traffic Radio, broadcasting 24/7 and updated every ten minutes at peak times. Information is supplied direct from the Highways Agency’s National Traffic Control Centre.
Highways Agency on your mobile

Our mobile service allows you to access information when you most need it. You can now stay in touch with the latest news and traffic developments that affect your journey as they break, 24-7. We have selected our key information services that are frequently updated throughout the day, presented in a format that is best suited for everyday mobile use.
Current Traffic Incidents

This lists the latest unplanned incidents on our network 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can select incidents by region or road;
Planned Roadworks & Events

All of our current and future road maintenance and improvement schemes are listed and can be searched by region or road;
Traffic Radio

If your phone is compatible, you can stream our latest radio service by Mp3, with dedicated regional feeds.
Weather Watch

The Met Office provides Weather reports during the Autumn and Winter periods when adverse weather conditions affect road journeys across our road network.
Traffic News Headlines

Our latest traffic headlines and top stories are updated throughout the day.
About the HA

There are also details about the work we do, the roads we manage and details of how to contact us.
How do I get it?

If you can access the internet from your mobile, simply type in the web address highways.gov.uk/mobile from your mobile browser. We recommend that you bookmark this address or add it to your favourites so you can access the service quickly next time. Your mobile network provider may charge you for accessing the internet, so please check.
Feedback

We’d welcome your feedback about this information or any other aspect of our services.

Please contact our information line on 08457 50 40 30 and let us know what you think.

Please remember: NEVER use a mobile phone while driving

HELP :laughing:

That Highways agency app is hopelessly inaccurate, example being I see a gantry sign saying a road is shut 40 miles away, check the HA app and it isn’t mentioned (don’t they put up the gantry notices?) On other occasions the blockage will be on the app when it isn’t there on the road, and worse I have sat in big jams with HATO cars on site and no mention at all on the App. It is only good if it is accurate

There are a good number of apps that help drivers though
Cams ahoy is about 59 pence and fives you speed camera warnings, the map app that comes with the phone is pretty good for traffic info as well

Agreed, the HA I-phone app is not all that. I tried a different approach,went to their website via the safari search button, found the page I wanted, the motorway flow one, touched the + button at the bottom of the phone and it asks if you want to add that to your screen. Touch that one and it puts it straight there for you. then when you want to use it, just touch it to bring it back up, choose what motorway you want to check and what ever other things it offers and off you go.

This is the page… trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx

Another good one to put on thre is TVcatchup.

Go into safari, find tvcatchup.com, then same as above, touch the + button at the bottom of the screen then add to your home screen / page whatever its called!! Free TV!!! :wink: :wink: