Anyone else missing the traffic?

dexxy57:
There’s definitely less traffic. That’s obvious, and welcome (for me at least).

What I’m wondering is, why is there still so MUCH traffic? We’re supposed to be in lockdown, essential journeys only, meaning trips to buy food or get medicine or provide food and medicine to those unable to do it for themselves.

So why are trunk roads and motorways still hosting so many private cars?

Maybe they’re company cars or just people working, the guidelines are that if it’s safe to work you can do so I believe.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:
Maybe they’re company cars or just people working, the guidelines are that if it’s safe to work you can do so I believe.

When it’s Mr and Mrs Beaton trundling down the A38 or the A42 with herself in the passenger seat reading ‘Hello’ magazine and a roofbox on the top, I don’t think it’s a company car. People are taking the ■■■■ out of the ‘alleged’ lockdown.

dexxy57:

wrighty1:

When it’s Mr and Mrs Beaton trundling down the A38 or the A42 with herself in the passenger seat reading ‘Hello’ magazine and a roofbox on the top, I don’t think it’s a company car. People are taking the ■■■■ out of the ‘alleged’ lockdown.

Well you should have said you knew them personally [emoji848]

wrighty1:
Not missing the traffic at all, having only passed class 1 just over a month ago it’s ideal for me and as for radio I use one of these digital radios or listen to podcasts.

I have the same dab adapter that keeps me going with mainly planet rock but absolute classic rock when near Laaaaaandon…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

edd1974:
To be honest I am.
1st week was great.

But now travelling from.a to b cruise control on .
Am finding it soul destroying.
Empty motorways empttish side roads.
Can’t find anything decent on radio.no.more.started leaving it off.
And when.on cruise contol on.motwyas dont have to think to.much as not much traffic around

And.finding am.just staring at open roads thinking about all this virus and all bad things.going on.

Wish the traffic was there take.my.mind off it all

Anyone who’d miss that traffic needs their head examined.

Winseer:

the nodding donkey:

Winseer:
Morning traffic inside the M25 seems the usual - but leave the trunk roads, and the quietness of the roads - becomes evident.

The flow of that “rush hour” traffic - seems to be more coastbound in the mornings, and more london-bound in the evenings, as well… That’s a bit odd…?
Is it possibly the movements of “Mobile Workers” now?

Has our time come at long last?

You really do have a complex, dont you?

You steer a truck. That’s all.

Don’t tell me - You’re not capable of anything else in life, and are quite satisfied with your lot?

Are you sure it is me who’s got the “complex” here?

Hi fellas. I might be new to this forum (but not the world of road haulage)
I have to ask, why all the ■■■■■■■■? Am I missing something?

Varmint:

Winseer:

the nodding donkey:

Winseer:
Morning traffic inside the M25 seems the usual - but leave the trunk roads, and the quietness of the roads - becomes evident.

The flow of that “rush hour” traffic - seems to be more coastbound in the mornings, and more london-bound in the evenings, as well… That’s a bit odd…?

Don’t tell me - You’re not capable of anything else in life, and are quite satisfied with your lot?

thats banter you will learn. We have one M6 expert Rowley who is missing in action. He will turn up ine day.

Varmint:

Winseer:

the nodding donkey:

Winseer:

Hello Varmint, you might have something to learn by joining this forum. For a start new members are not well accepted constantly accused of being someone else and god help them if they have a different opinion so the “select one or two” who seem to think they own the forum yet although one in particular spews the biggest load of guff he(i think) constantly abuses certain members because they disagree with him. Very little discussion, just abuse.

Don’t get me wrong there are some decent knowledgable members but they tend to keep well away from the clowns. Live and learn if you feel the urge. :wink:

best advice is to read the posts,read their previous posts,then sit and pass the time while you make up your own mind who would be genuine posters and who would be the smarmy condescending superior holier than though road commander trolls,political gurus,normal drivers who have obviously done the job for years and some who just dont suffer fools gladly.
you will see the same ones being commented on with varying degrees of contempt by the majority,and it wont take you long to read between the lines and put them into their respective boxes.
after doing so for a short time,then see how long it takes before you are tempted to reply to them with the following answer.

“I’m trying to see it from your point of view
but i cant get my head that far up my jacksie”…enjoy :laughing:

Ah I couldnt give a Frenchman’s fuçk about someone who hasn’t the IQ to uphold a civilised debate. I see some of them talking like this is a prison exercise yard and you dare not open your mouth. (Hilarious) Says everything i need to know about the individual. As for people not accepting new members and giving them a hard time, they can cry me a river :smiley:
Cheers fellas

Varmint

The “New Rush Hour” seems to be quite varied according to where you go…

Parts of London seem quieter now at 22:00-Midnight than they used to be at 02:00-04:00 just a few weeks ago now.

You go to the districts, and you see it get very busy from 02:00, as if this entire country has gone the way of the Continent where they shut everything up around 8pm, and start re-opening for their “Early Doors” at 02:00 rather than 04:00-05:00…

I wonder when this all blows over - if our schools will shift to 07:00 starts, “Night Shift” will be abolished to save firms having to cough up night rates, and shifts merely become “am starts” and “Pm starts” - nothing in the middle. If you can’t get up in the morning, then you’re gonna end up booking off in the small hours instead…

Loving it
1st week was just like when I started in 1976 (but without the Ford Cortina’s)
been getting steadily busier,
Don’t find it at all boring, keep it up I say
:laughing: :laughing:

Great it is, 5pm on the M6 and I barely had to get off the bunk.

Felixstowe to Wolves in 3 hours 10, nothing to be proud of just thought I’d give it a try, hot drunk wife waiting for me at home :slight_smile: