Radio Traffic News

What has happened this week? Every day I seem to have heard of Jack-knifed lorries and overturned lorries, closing main junctions and motorways.

I believe the problem is speed hold and cruise controls coupled to attention wanderings.

From the antics of several drivers i saw today, they are getting like the rep and grandad mobile, not having a clue of the surroundings.

There are a lot of posts of increasing antiquated speed limits on these forums, but If we cannot keep an artic in a straight line or upright with modern technology like ABS, EPS and ASR, what chance have we if driving at 56mph on single track roads?

Have you noticed the wander onto the hard shoulder and oh ■■■■ moment when they realise and swing back out into the middle lane then Wheelnut? Was scared to pass one Thursday at around J13 on the M1 'cause he was wandering so much. I suppose we all make mistakes, but this bloke was a ■■■■ :unamused:.

I thought it was just me, after the monsoon weather over the last couple of weeks, I thought it was a bit strange that everybody seemed to be bumping into each other, in dry conditions.

On a similar theme, I’ve seen a job for life, Crash barrier repairer. On the M6 in ■■■■■■■ last week they must have repaired at least 5 different sections of barrier and this is on a fairly quiet motorway, god knows how much they replace on the M25.

its every day
muppets racing round morning,noon and night
had some idot trying to undertake me on ferrybridge roundabout the other day
jon

You’re lucky you heard some travel news.When I was coming down from Ramsbottom to Calais on Friday I didn’t hear Sally Traffic at all during the Jeremy Vine show,if I had then I would have known the M40/M25 slip road was closed towards Heathrow.And I would also have known about the big hold up between J26 and J28.
I might have got home Friday night then.

As an aside, I ordinarily get the he traffic news as I’m joining the back of the Q :unamused: .

Everything seems to go in phases, coach crashes, bike crashes etc. More care and attention is what is needed. It only takes one idiot to spoil it for everybody else. Just this morning i was travelling along the A14 towards the roadworks at Kettering from Thapston and this container lorry kept overtaking without indicating and even when the lanes narrowed just after the BP garage he kept out until then last second before pulling in.
Being late or wanting to get there first is no excuse for bad driving, it only gets the rest of us a bad name.
cheers,
roy…

After reading some recent posts on here Roy maybe he wanted to get where he was going quickly so he could spend more time on the bunk. That is more important than road safety apparently. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I am so sorry that Sally Traffic wasnt around on friday…i`m afraid that she was having a lie in whilst i cooked her a truckers breakfast… :laughing: :wink:

Coffeeholic:
After reading some recent posts on here Roy maybe he wanted to get where he was going quickly so he could spend more time on the bunk. That is more important than road safety apparently. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I can’t think who on earth you could be referring to Neil. Surely nobody on here would advocate something as irresponsible as that?

:smiley:

Paul

Well you wouldn’t think so Paul. :wink: :smiley:

It’s a load of old tripe that container drivers spend more time on the bunk than driving.

No,hang on a mo! They do,I remember now,'cos I used to be one of 'em. :wink:
That’s all that was good about that job,loooaaaaaaadddddddssssss of kip.