is it just me???

i know we’re all based all over the place, but doesn’t matter where we’re from, we all have our local traffic hotspots, in and around the morning/evening rush. unfortunately, my main one is the eastern section of the m25, j30-21 mainly.

now is it just me, or are you all suffering of late, with day, after day, of really bad traffic, no real reasons, accidents or roadworks, just seems too be sheer volume of traffic, and poor standards of driving, imho.
i notice it seems too have been really bad, since the clocks went back, or is it just coincidence, could the xmas shoppers, really be adding this much traffic too the roads, or am i just getting old and grumpy■■?

today, a section of the m25, that should take 45 mins, took 2 hours and 5 minutes, what a joke, and their were no incidents or accidents that i know of.

and as a p.s, if you are the driver of a finn forest cf daf, pulling a triple a trailer up the m1, this morning, north, through the roadworks, and as far as toddington services, you are, a 24 carat ■■■■■ that really has no place driving a wagon on our road network. you went out of your way too stitch up the maritime container driver, and in the process, hold up, several wagons from getting on there way, for at least 8 miles, of you being a selfish, idiotic ■■■■■ that gives the rest of us, the bad name, we don’t deserve.
an occasional glance in your mirrors, and maybe the possibility of engaging your brain, would be a help too us all.

rant over :smiling_imp:

You know… only earlier I was thinking that in the past month or so traffic levels have really dropped off, especially at peak times.

Must just be me!

Alex

A Maritime vehicle actually trying to overtake. :open_mouth: They are limited to 52 mph. The reason being, or rather, the reason being as told to me by one of their drivers who had been told by management, was that it facilitated a significant reduction in their Insurance premium.

It was certainly quiet yesterday. I went around the Southern side to Dartford area with no problems.

Wait until the Olympics are on. And the two weeks prior. Unless the U.K. Govt sorts out a ‘derogation’ from the E.U. Hours rules, then I will be on self imposed ‘gardening leave’.

And if the supermarkets run out of food? Then, tough. :wink:

I’ll be on a beach in ‘sunnier’ climbes.
:wink:

Traffic? Whats that phenomenon? Traffic?
I wouldn’t know mate, I work nights.
Oh wait, I do think I lost 10 minutes in a jam about…3 months ago.

The one big reason why I don’t (and never have since owning HGV licenses, ever) drive on days is due to the traffic. Sometimes coming north on the M1 at 5am around Luton, as I look across it is stationary in parts heading south. God only knows what it is like about 7 or 8 o’clock. But I wouldn’t know, I’m fast asleep at that time.