Anyone else missing the traffic?

To be honest I am.
1st week was great.

But now travelling from.a to b cruise control on .
Am finding it soul destroying.
Empty motorways empttish side roads.
Can’t find anything decent on radio.no.more.started leaving it off.
And when.on cruise contol on.motwyas dont have to think to.much as not much traffic around

And.finding am.just staring at open roads thinking about all this virus and all bad things.going on.

Wish the traffic was there take.my.mind off it all

Not missing it at all. Not enough for our lorry so scooting about in a van.

Much more enjoyable. Plenty of podcasts you can download and listen to.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

edd1974:
To be honest I am.
1st week was great.

But now travelling from.a to b cruise control on .
Am finding it soul destroying.
Empty motorways empttish side roads.
Can’t find anything decent on radio.no.more.started leaving it off.
And when.on cruise contol on.motwyas dont have to think to.much as not much traffic around

And.finding am.just staring at open roads thinking about all this virus and all bad things.going on.

Wish the traffic was there take.my.mind off it all

Not missing it one bit. It’s bloody heaven. No mad buggers cutting you up. Get to A to B without any dramas. Shame it could’nt continue after this virus is cleared up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I agree very depressing and soul destroying, driving past small shops and businesses wondering how on earth they will survive the economic ****storm that’s to come.

I’m also losing out on hourly wage by not getting the guaranteed Friday madness when heading back home up the m6.

Many of us choose to do nights precisely because it’s how you describe.

If you can hook up your phone to the radio in the truck then try Kindle Books or similar and listen to a story or two as you’re driving about.

Alfa1M:
I agree very depressing and soul destroying, driving past small shops and businesses wondering how on earth they will survive the economic ****storm that’s to come.

My mate’s business received one of those £10k/£25k grants which is sufficient enough to cover the rent and insurance for 9 months. Business rates have been suspended, he gets payroll paid to have his staff sit at home on 80% wages. He reckons if things start to be allowed to open up between June and July he’ll possibly have one of his best years as a result.

■■■■■ if you’re in London and other places with mental rental prices but for most small businesses in the UK they should be OK.

It’s fantastic.

Did Beelsby to Stanley, to Ashington, down to Billingham and got to Peterborough in a 9hr drive!

Another lad did Beelsby to Margate, to Purfleet, and back to Beelsby in under 10hr driving.

Hopefully it’ll stay this way for a while, when they do finally release the general public it’s going to be carnage, everyone will have forgotten how to drive, and HGV’s, who lets face it are lambs to the slaughter at the moment spreading disease around the country, will be firmly back at the bottom of the pecking order along with farmers, who between us are keeping the country alive!

I do ex farm milk collection at night in Devon and Cornwall, tbh the traffic is hardly any different to normal!

Me and hubby are finding roads much better so definitely enjoying this part. We haven’t had any suicidals since the lockdown. What we’ve gained on the roads though we’ve lost at the RDCs so runs still as long.

Shopping was an experience though. I wish I didn’t have to do that :frowning:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

loving there being no traffic, but i drive round central city and urban areas mostly. one of the few silver linings for me.

there is no rush hour !!! …when was the last time there wast a rush hour… 70 odd years ago. not that it can be called a hour anyway. it starts at bl@@dy 7am till 9.30am then starts again at 3pm with school traffic and then finishes about 7.30pm ish, depending where u live. thats a good 6 hours over a day.

motor way drivingi can understand it getting more boring, but then its way more boring to start with anyway.

Morning traffic inside the M25 seems the usual - but leave the trunk roads, and the quietness of the roads - becomes evident.

The flow of that “rush hour” traffic - seems to be more coastbound in the mornings, and more london-bound in the evenings, as well… That’s a bit odd…?
Is it possibly the movements of “Mobile Workers” now?

Has our time come at long last?

Enjoying the quieter roads no traffic at rush hour so you sail through and the queue for the Dartford tunnel is none existent. Downside is journeys being done to quick so no nights out and reduced hours as no traffic hold ups which you usually have .

Loving the empty roads got on the M1 near Crick headed up to the M6 then along to the M42 then down the M5 all on the C/C without touching the brakes until I came off the motorway in Avonmouth, obviously I’ll be glad when normal service is resumed but I’ll miss these empty roads I know.

Last week the morning bottleneck on the A14 E/Bound Huntingdon to Milton was non existent I was able to bimble through at a steady pace

Hell, no. Downside is the streets of Sheffield are a little tighter than usual.

Shaved two minutes off my PB on Monday for the trip from work to home. Couldn’t have done that if there’d been traffic around. Every virus has a silver lining.

Missing it a lot. My firm has shut down, probably for good and i’m trying allday everyday to find work in West Yorkshire but even agencies are dead. Hope this doesn’t go on much longer as i and many others have bills and mortgages to pay.

ArcticMonkey:
Missing it a lot. My firm has shut down, probably for good and i’m trying allday everyday to find work in West Yorkshire but even agencies are dead. Hope this doesn’t go on much longer as i and many others have bills and mortgages to pay.

Sorry to hear that,have you tried Newcold,they were after drivers a couple of week ago and I’m seeing them about on road a lot.

It depends on which bit of West Yorkshire your in, but I would have thought that the agencies would be crying out for people to work at Adsa Wakey and Sainsbury’s Sherburn. Unfortunately despite my agency suggesting the above it’s to far for me to commute on a daily basis to make a good wage. Which is why I am furloughed.
If you fancy the 3663 kinda work there’s T-Quality atop Crow Nest lane (J1 M621) in Leeds, and Bidfood at wakey Europort

Watching a1 & local traffic from my living
Room window , the traffic is getting busier
By the day
Ties in with folks off last week ( 2 builders ) in my street have gone
Back to work as has lad who’s company does
Conservatory’s , only ones I know of now in street are me on hol & lad who
Works at builders merchants