Anybody here done the TM CPC course?

Thanks again.

I’ve been doing some past exam papers and I have to admit, I’m finding it very difficult. I keep making silly mistakes. Forgetting something or other or the papers throw up something hidden in their case study which I will have missed making my calculations incorrect when answering the costing questions in particular. Not confident at all.

I have the Belgian equivalent of the TMCPC.

That was difficult enough to get.

Done the National and International CPC courses, and it ain’t worth jack ■■■■ towards the drivers CPC. Seems I can own an operators licence, I can own my own vehicles, and yet after 50 years on the road, i still have to sit through waffle after waffle, taught by someone who has only ever done a course on how…to teach courses…with no prior knowledge of the industry, giving out wrong advice , and yet we have to part with £300-£350 for the privilege of learning what I have learned over 50 years in the industry to keep myself on the road, and its no wonder so many are not renewing, or staying in the industry.

truckyboy:
Done the National and International CPC courses, and it ain’t worth jack [zb] towards the drivers CPC. Seems I can own an operators licence, I can own my own vehicles, and yet after 50 years on the road, i still have to sit through waffle after waffle, taught by someone who has only ever done a course on how…to teach courses…with no prior knowledge of the industry, giving out wrong advice , and yet we have to part with £300-£350 for the privilege of learning what I have learned over 50 years in the industry to keep myself on the road, and its no wonder so many are not renewing, or staying in the industry.

Interesting, i got 35 hours on mine.

Concretejim:

truckyboy:
Done the National and International CPC courses, and it ain’t worth jack [zb] towards the drivers CPC. Seems I can own an operators licence, I can own my own vehicles, and yet after 50 years on the road, i still have to sit through waffle after waffle, taught by someone who has only ever done a course on how…to teach courses…with no prior knowledge of the industry, giving out wrong advice , and yet we have to part with £300-£350 for the privilege of learning what I have learned over 50 years in the industry to keep myself on the road, and its no wonder so many are not renewing, or staying in the industry.

Interesting, i got 35 hours on mine.

And I am pretty sure there are Operator CPC refresher courses, which the tea & biscuits department like you to do, (even insist if you have been naughty), that will give you DCPC points. I cannot direct you to one right now but I am certain I have seen them advertised.

Yeah, for the first 5 years a company paid, and i was there with others who never had the CPC of any kind…so just puts them on par…so to speak…and now its coming up for renewal ( september ) i dont get any favouritism…sad innit. :smiley:

Odd days:
I wonder how many have done it only never to use it.

me

Morning Mooping

How did your exams go Friday ?
Hope you smashed it and here’s to 6-8 week waiting time for your results :smiley:

Concretejim, interesting for me too, pray tell how you used your operators CPC to gain 35 hours of driver CPC, My first 35 hours was paid by the company I worked for, and also included subbies who worked for the firm as well… I am sure there wasn’t anything written down that said operators CPC holders were exempt or were entitled to 35 hours free tuition, or whatever you want to call it, and I am pretty sure someone would have at least said something about it.

If you sit your TM CPC during the period you need to complete your drivers CPC you get time towards it if it’s JAUPT approved.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting you get an exemption for having a TM CPC.