Just passed my cpc case study

Passed my initial cpc case study today. Also booked my final test too. Almost there!

Good luck with the Mod 4. Remember it’s demonstration - very little talking, just doing.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks mate. I’ve been watching a few clips on YouTube and I’ve got a study pack on its way to me.

Yup the doing part of it is pretty straight forward. Good luck

Hope so lol. A tad worried bout it tbh. But I’ve recieved a study pack so I’m gonna work through it. Test is on the 18th

Well done Mike, how did you find the mod 2? I have mine on Tuesday and I’m worried about it as there is very little revision to do.

What is the study pack you got for the mod 4?

Thanks mate. It wasn’t too bad. There were areas I hadn’t covered during revision so did struggle on them. It was mainly when driving abroad, docs you need etc. But managed to get through it. Just took my time.

I bought the offical cpc book but to be honest, not much help. If you have the guide to driving goods vehicles, revise from that mate. But the questions are based on the scenario given in each section.

You need to score 40 out of 50 to pass. Good luck mate.

The study pack I got was from the company I’m doing my training with. Just loads of info and possible questions for module 4 and how to answer them. Something they’ve put together themselves and got to hand it back test day.

MikeGSi:
Thanks mate. It wasn’t too bad. There were areas I hadn’t covered during revision so did struggle on them. It was mainly when driving abroad, docs you need etc. But managed to get through it. Just took my time.

I bought the offical cpc book but to be honest, not much help. If you have the guide to driving goods vehicles, revise from that mate. But the questions are based on the scenario given in each section.

You need to score 40 out of 50 to pass. Good luck mate.

The study pack I got was from the company I’m doing my training with. Just loads of info and possible questions for module 4 and how to answer them. Something they’ve put together themselves and got to hand it back test day.

Thank you mike, i passed with 45 which wasnt too bad. Got mod 4 Next Tuesday

Well done mate. You beat me by 3 lol.

Got my module 4 on Wednesday :slight_smile:

Well done mate. Ive got my mod 2 and theory comming up in a couple weeks and have jst been doing practise theory tests. I hope that will be enough to get through my mod 2 as you cant find much revision material.

It’s a bit of a tricky one to revise for. I did buy the official cpc book but wasn’t much help. I found the guide to driving goods vehicles to be the best one to revise from for both cpc and theory tests. Good luck mate.

:blush::oops::oops::oops::oops:

MikeGSi:

Thank you mate, I had some pretty tricky questions in there about ratios

noney82:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

MikeGSi:

Thank you mate, I had some pretty tricky questions in there about ratios

I had some tricky questions too mate.

Just mod 4 now and off we go trucking

Got my module 4 Wednesday. Fingers crossed it all goes ok.

What does the mod 4 test include ? Is it just a show me tell me kind of test ? Examiner asks and you have to explain/ do it?

Mod 4 is a practical demonstration test. Not much explaining = more doing. Your trainer should offer you training prior to the test. The test lasts 30 minutes max. 5 questions each needing 75% but overall you need at least 80%. Examiners will prompt to get the answers. If you are on a question and you remember something about a previous question that you’ve missed, it’s perfectly ok to tell him that you want to do something else regarding the previous question.

The last question refers to daily checks. There are 10 checks you need to make. You can have these on a check sheet and refer to them as much as you like during the test. Remember, it’s demonstration - not talking.

Some tests include questions regarding load security. There is a load securing demonstration trolley at the test centre and good trainers will have one the same for practice. You will need to know how to use straps, chains and load lock bar. There will be a rope. There is no need to learn how to use the rope as the load they describe that could use a rope is palletised paper. Use the straps. Don’t mention the rope as an alternative or you may well be asked to use it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Mod 4 is a practical demonstration test. Not much explaining = more doing. Your trainer should offer you training prior to the test. The test lasts 30 minutes max. 5 questions each needing 75% but overall you need at least 80%. Examiners will prompt to get the answers. If you are on a question and you remember something about a previous question that you’ve missed, it’s perfectly ok to tell him that you want to do something else regarding the previous question.

The last question refers to daily checks. There are 10 checks you need to make. You can have these on a check sheet and refer to them as much as you like during the test. Remember, it’s demonstration - not talking.

Some tests include questions regarding load security. There is a load securing demonstration trolley at the test centre and good trainers will have one the same for practice. You will need to know how to use straps, chains and load lock bar. There will be a rope. There is no need to learn how to use the rope as the load they describe that could use a rope is palletised paper. Use the straps. Don’t mention the rope as an alternative or you may well be asked to use it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the help got my theorys booked for next tuesday. And now in the process of speaking to trainers now so was just interested in whats involved in it.
Cheers
Dan

speaking to trainers

Problems come about where the correct equipment hasn’t been used for training.

Buyer beware.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the info. There’s also a very useful clip on YouTube which expalains the test. Also seeing him demonstrate has helped me a lot. Hopefully this will help me out tomorrow :slight_smile:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wK–gVI-WHI