Ancient brits heading east!

I think it is “Cochise”

revman:

tipperdave:

revman:
anyone remember john burden doing turkey in this ex fillingham erf

He still do birds with that old 1900 is it? :question: :confused:

He did last year,but he does a bit for pawsons now

Thought i reckonised the figure behind the wheel of one of there wagons, from what ive heard John is a real legend of the old school!

tipperdave:

revman:

tipperdave:

revman:
anyone remember john burden doing turkey in this ex fillingham erf

He still do birds with that old 1900 is it? :question: :confused:

He did last year,but he does a bit for pawsons now

Thought i reckonised the figure behind the wheel of one of there wagons, from what ive heard John is a real legend of the old school!

Bloody Hell,
Is that Gypsy John ? No, maybe not. If it is he certainly has put on some beef since I remember him. And is looking not too bad for it.
Cheers, Archie.

Ive been told hes got quiet a few hidden gems down there on farm

LB76:
I think it is “Cochise”

you got mate :laughing:that is john

Found a few cuttings may interest you on here.

MOC:

Didnt Bestbooties post a while back, that the Crusaders never made it?

Suedehead:

MOC:

[
Didnt Bestbooties post a while back, that the Crusaders never made it?

I looked for that but couldnt find that post by bestbooties and niether could i find the last page of the cutting either !

I remember this firm down Silwood street Bermondsey,we used to rent trailers of them now and again.

Mr A Bayliff great name :smiley:

If this is the same mob.
The last of three brand new rigs shipped out with me from Felixestowe.
Two only made it into Europe,this one made as far as Eastern Turkey.

Too many operators made bold claims about how good they were,sales patter I suppose,but most like Brit European kept a low profile and just kept on rolling.

bestbooties:
If this is the same mob.

Too many operators made bold claims about how good they were,sales patter I suppose,but most like Brit European kept a low profile and just kept on rolling.

Cheers bestbooties, i missed that post,seems you was right then about them not even getting past eastern Turkey and to many bold claims in print to start with .Do you know what happenend to Olins transport after that first experience :exclamation:

MOC:

bestbooties:
If this is the same mob.

Cheers bestbooties, i missed that post,seems you was right then about them not even getting past eastern Turkey and to many bold claims in print to start with .Do you know what happenend to Olins transport after that first experience :exclamation:

If you look closely,to the right,up the bank is a child and possibly a blanket or something,rather strange?

Some more cuttings you may be interested in :wink:

MOC:

bestbooties:
If this is the same mob.

Just looked again.Same trailers,dont think its the same units,cab headboards are different?

Some years ago one of my relations went to work in Saudi he had a good job & the co. he worked for were involved in transport, he wanted me to go out there with my Artic & work for them, I was very tempted but I decided not to go, I had some good making jobs here at that time, but who knows I might have been very rich now in my retirement, Regards Larry.

There were at least three or maybe four of Ollins Overland Crusaders, running from uk to Iran in the seventies, up until the revolution. They also had an english manager based in Teheran. I met them on several occasions on route to and from Iran. One of their drivers was Ron Roberts who also had a hotel in Illfracombe. He was a coloured guy whose father was American and mother was German. He spoke fluent German and was also a Black belt in Karate. One of the others was a big blonde haired londoner by the name of Mick and it looks like him who is looking out of the drivers seat , speaking to one of the directors in the photo. One of the other drivers was called Dave ■■ another Londoner who was running with Don Hubbard one winter trip when he lost the end off his little finger. So Ollins Overland Did make it to Teheran and back on many occasions. Regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

M&C Jamie:
There were at least three or maybe four of Ollins Overland Crusaders, running from uk to Iran in the seventies, up until the revolution. They also had an english manager based in Teheran. I met them on several occasions on route to and from Iran. One of their drivers was Ron Roberts who also had a hotel in Illfracombe. He was a coloured guy whose father was American and mother was German. He spoke fluent German and was also a Black belt in Karate. One of the others was a big blonde haired londoner by the name of Mick and it looks like him who is looking out of the drivers seat , speaking to one of the directors in the photo. One of the other drivers was called Dave ■■ another Londoner who was running with Don Hubbard one winter trip when he lost the end off his little finger. So Ollins Overland Did make it to Teheran and back on many occasions. Regards Jamie.

So looks like the record has been set straight by you then Jamie,and the pics of the one on its side, which has REECE on the headboard was much later.in the write up,it states they had already been doing the run for two years.
Thanks for the info :sunglasses:

MOC:

M&C Jamie:

So looks like the record has been set straight by you then Jamie,and the pics of the one on its side, which has REECE on the headboard was much later.in the write up,it states they had already been doing the run for two years.
Thanks for the info :sunglasses:

The one in Ian’s photo was possibly before they ran in Olins Overland Livery as i remember being told that they worked for Reece. Regards Jamie.

A Scot lost in the Valley’s.