Aldi Group Assessment

gooddriver:
Well it was a bit of a joke as took time off work and none of us got an interview but had the induction thing explaining all about the company etc

Getting called back for interviews in next few weeks

From what I can make out from whenever this group assessment gets brought up on here, it’s more of a presentation to the people who have applied and an opportunity to ask questions. There doesn’t appear to be any assessments involved

As I’ve already said this is what happens at Bolton. You do 3 timed written tests and you are told about how the company works and then you are shown around the site. If you have got a certain pass mark in the tests you are invited back for a driving assessment and interview…

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

truckertart:
As I’ve already said this is what happens at Bolton. You do 3 timed written tests and you are told about how the company works and then you are shown around the site. If you have got a certain pass mark in the tests you are invited back for a driving assessment and interview…

What do the written tests consist of?

I.e. Subject? Are they multiple choice? Etc

No they’re to test your numeracy, accuracy and problem solving skills under time pressure.

The numeracy is actually multiple choice. 20 questions I think in 5 mins or so.

Just an update, I got the job and start at the end of the month, well chuffed! :smiley:

gooddriver:
Just an update, I got the job and start at the end of the month, well chuffed! :smiley:

Well done mate. [emoji1]

Well done. Hope it works out for you. Out of interest why has it taken so long? Is that normal at Aldi or has your process been held up in some way?

Just got back from Aldi group assessment.
3 sections 5 minutes each and 10 questions on each section so you have to be really fast.
1st section is consist of add minus multiple.
Question. There are 33 pallets on trailer and 17 already loaded how many more to load.
There are 33 pallets, 7 for frozen 17 for Chilled and how many for ambient.
There is 3 rows on a pallet on each row there are 4 boxes how many boxes are on triplets.
2nd second column matching
For example
Column 1 has 123456 654 321 opposite column has to have same number
And there are about 5 or 6 columns matching in each question and they are consist of 10 questions in total so same again fast fast fast lol.

3rd section is all diagrams and it’s a multiple choices question a b c d
Question picture of a diagrame and answer the diagrame might be open and you have to fold it to make it look like the one in Question lol.
You really gave to know this before hand because you literly have no time going over reading and stuff
As 5 minutes for each section and time does goes really fast I think I failed it as in first section I could only manage 6 because I was reading it through all
Second section I did 9 and 3rd section I haven’t had a clue how to fold to make it look like the one in Question so I randomly picked whatever I thought could the answer
I prepared everything according to drivers rules and regulations working time etc and highway code and not a single question of that were on assessment. So Goodluck whoever applies for Aldi jobs.

crazyplay:
Just got back from Aldi group assessment.
3 sections 5 minutes each and 10 questions on each section so you have to be really fast.
1st section is consist of add minus multiple.
Question. There are 33 pallets on trailer and 17 already loaded how many more to load.
There are 33 pallets, 7 for frozen 17 for Chilled and how many for ambient.
There is 3 rows on a pallet on each row there are 4 boxes how many boxes are on triplets.
2nd second column matching
For example
Column 1 has 123456 654 321 opposite column has to have same number
And there are about 5 or 6 columns matching in each question and they are consist of 10 questions in total so same again fast fast fast lol.

3rd section is all diagrams and it’s a multiple choices question a b c d
Question picture of a diagrame and answer the diagrame might be open and you have to fold it to make it look like the one in Question lol.
You really gave to know this before hand because you literly have no time going over reading and stuff
As 5 minutes for each section and time does goes really fast I think I failed it as in first section I could only manage 6 because I was reading it through all
Second section I did 9 and 3rd section I haven’t had a clue how to fold to make it look like the one in Question so I randomly picked whatever I thought could the answer
I prepared everything according to drivers rules and regulations working time etc and highway code and not a single question of that were on assessment. So Goodluck whoever applies for Aldi jobs.

That’s me not going for a job at Aldi then, I struggle with any form of written exam…
What ever happened to the old fashioned interview and test drive round the block,

That’s what happens when a “recruitment department” in a big company gets hold of and takes control of the process. They obviously don’t realise they are only recruiting drivers, and I don’t mean that to be insulting when I say “Just drivers” but to be able to blindside reverse onto a bay around an Aldi car park when it’s full, with people walking around you I’m sure maths questions are going to help there. The people that come up with this though won’t have a clue what a blind side reverse is, they won’t know about trailers swinging into a parked car, or any of the challenges of driving an artic in some of those car parks. They will have just decided that doing those tests will get the best recruits…hmmmmm

DickyNick:
That’s what happens when a “recruitment department” in a big company gets hold of and takes control of the process. They obviously don’t realise they are only recruiting drivers, and I don’t mean that to be insulting when I say “Just drivers” but to be able to blindside reverse onto a bay around an Aldi car park when it’s full, with people walking around you I’m sure maths questions are going to help there. The people that come up with this though won’t have a clue what a blind side reverse is, they won’t know about trailers swinging into a parked car, or any of the challenges of driving an artic in some of those car parks. They will have just decided that doing those tests will get the best recruits…hmmmmm

Correct, I can count 33plts, or 26, I know how many are for each drop,which need splitting at a customer, basically usual truck-drivers, knowledge, I can load a trailer correctly, but ask me to write it down,or a written test, I will fail.

All the questions are multiple choice. No writing as such. You get the interview and driving assessment if you pass the short tests.

You had an eight stop load on your trailer and you get to the last stop and they have the correct amount of pallets but there’s still one left over so one of the other seven stops could be wrong, what do you do ? :confused:

Oh, and the stops are at least fifty miles apart :wink:

Almost forgot to say i’m asking for a friend :blush: :blush: :blush:

remy:
You had an eight stop load on your trailer and you get to the last stop and they have the correct amount of pallets but there’s still one left over so one of the other seven stops could be wrong, what do you do ? :confused:

Depends, if all 8 drops were, self tip, then you’ve mucked up, phone office and tell them,
If all drops have been bay tips and checked by goods people,and no driver interaction, then not your fault, still phone office and get instructions

gooddriver:
Cheers for the replies, don’t think this part is a driving assesment so just the interview bollockks to get thru first :confused:

Hope your attitude is better than in this statement regarding "interview bollockks"because it may show through at some point.
Think about it,whose the one showing interest in working for Aldi,certainly not the interviewer/s they already work there,so its all down to you if you want a job or not.

■■■■ that i will stop were i am :grimacing:

remy:

Clean signatures on all drops?
Do you have an eBay sellers account yet?
Edit. Sorry does your friend have one?
Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Aldi & Lidl are ■■■■■■■■ for self tipping. Pain in the arse.