Aldi group assessment?

Has anyone on here been invited to a group assessment with aldi do you know what it consists of?? I don’t understand why they need to do a group assessment for a driving job when your on your own 90% of the day…

“Not a team player”

:grimacing:

The assessment is carried out on a pallet truck

OVLOV JAY:

wont every one fall off ?

teatime:

OVLOV JAY:

wont every one fall off ?

Yes. But they’re looking for people who know how to fall off in a straight line between the yellow lines.

Hi damo. I’ve been invited to a group assessment also. I don’t know what it involves either but I can only assume that as mentioned already it’s to see if your a team player. By the way I left iceland a few weeks ago too.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Damo_hall:
Has anyone on here been invited to a group assessment with aldi do you know what it consists of?? I don’t understand why they need to do a group assessment for a driving job when your on your own 90% of the day…

I had to go to something similar when I applied for Waitrose. I had to tell the group about my hobbies, work history & do team activities and all that crap, seems daft but it’s there way of getting to know the candidates a bit better personally and weeding out the dregs & the likes that aren’t going to fit in. Show apathy/a bad attitude towards what they are asking you to do and it’s game over.

I assume Aldi’s will be similar. I bet they get plenty pitching up with their blinkers on just thinking about the money, then get a major reality check on the job and jack it soon afterwards.

truckertart1:
Hi damo. I’ve been invited to a group assessment also. I don’t know what it involves either but I can only assume that as mentioned already it’s to see if your a team player. By the way I left iceland a few weeks ago too.

No way did ya how long was you there?? I bet it will just be a load of Iceland drivers there!!

I was at iceland nearly 3 years including the time on agency. I’m not sure if I know you by name but by face maybe. I was the only female driver. So stood out a bit. Lol. [emoji1]

Ah yes I think I know who you are. I am the youngest driver there I think I seen you in yearsleys in Heywood the other day■■? Are you working out of there now??

Lol. I wont be working at Iceland again either. The CCTV footage of me tipping a pallet off the tail lift at Sheffield saw to that.

Damo. Yes that was me in yearsleys the other day. I’m on the agency not full time. Eagerbeaver ■■ Do I know you aswell ? Lol. Which Sheffield shop was it ? Elm lane ■■

Elm Lane is the offender!

Nice crappy slope to contend with. Six foot high pallet of frozen chips on a Euro pallet. As I moved the pallet onto the taillift, it started to collapse.
So naturally I let go and watched. Then I might of booted the remaining product/pallet truck/pallet away from the taillift, moved the truck forwards a few feet and then sat reading the paper whilst it was all over the floor after the staff did f**k all to help clear it up.

I don’t get paid enough to deal with that ■■■■■■■■.

Sounds about right for elm lane. Glad I went on earlies to avoid drops as bad as that. Lol.

It’s a gladiatorial fight to the death, the winner gets the job. Don’t forget your PPE including the hi-viz vest of invincibility.

Damo_hall:

I hope your assessment went well mate, I’m booked on the group assessment
on Sunday 22nd May is there any chance of a heads up on what to expect .
Like you say I too am some what puzzled by a group assessment for a driving job any information you could give me will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Evening fellas. Been for my aldi group assessment today. Basically your taken into a large room and seated with your name on a lanyard on the desk. You have a quick peruse through the company training guide whilst you wait for everyone to arrive. The transport manager and section leader introduce themselves. You get told the basics of the job shift pattern etc and then you are taken on a tour of the warehouse. You go back to the room and do 3 tests of numeracy and the like. Then you can ask any questions that you may have. They will let you know by email if you make it to the next stage ie driving assessment within 10 days. Hope that helps.

How did you do? I couldn’t make any of the dates as these idiots wouldn’t give it me off emailed them and think ill be on the next lot what is the shift pattern by the way?? Their putting us on every other Sunday here soon I need to get out ASAP!

I believe it’s 5 on 3 off, which means you only get something like 2 full weekends off every 7 weeks or something like that. I did work it out on paper but forget now. I think different depots are different but I was led to believe this is the shift pattern at Bolton and goldthorpe. Someone correct me if I’m wrong?

I think it’s decent pay and decent conditions in terms of working hours, holiday allowance and sick pay. It’s just if your fine with working that amount of weekends, which I’m not. I spent the last 8 years working the majority of weekends in various jobs. Not wanting to go back to it!

That’s the problem around the North West. Most of the better paying class 1 jobs expect you to work weekends.

[zb] that.