Aldi group assessment?

eagerbeaver:
That’s the problem around the North West. Most of the better paying class 1 jobs expect you to work weekends.

[zb] that.

Sign off the times,when people wont do their shopping during the week,even though shops are open from 8.30 am til around 10.00 pm and are to lazy they order online,those orders dont pick and deliver themselves

eagerbeaver:
That’s the problem around the North West. Most of the better paying class 1 jobs expect you to work weekends.

[zb] that.

It’s the main thing that keeps me in my current job even though the hours are a bit longer than i’d like sometimes. Mon-Fri, 5-7am starts, no bank hols.

Some things are more important for me.

If i was to go and work at Aldi or in fact any of the higher paying supermarket class 1 jobs I’d first of all have to buy another car. My current job is on my doorstep. It would then cost me about £200-£300 per month in commuting. So for the extra pay I’ve got to take that off, which then puts it at about the same I’m on now. So my take home would be £300 per month more than now, but then I’d be instantly taking that back off and on top of that I’d have to work all those weekends. No thanks.

People can say what they want about the poor paying £9 per hour jobs, but when you take the tunnel vision off and look at the package as a whole rather than just an hourly rate sometimes the lower paying job might suit some people better.

Aldi is 5 on 3 off as stated. Everyone driving at the Bolton rdc is on the same. So at least there is no favoritism. But you do only get 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday and 2 full weekends off in 8 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Hmmn. No use to me that, tart. Have you got in there?

Not yet. I’ve got a driving assessment and interview on Thursday morning.

Rowley010:
If i was to go and work at Aldi or in fact any of the higher paying supermarket class 1 jobs I’d first of all have to buy another car. My current job is on my doorstep. It would then cost me about £200-£300 per month in commuting. So for the extra pay I’ve got to take that off, which then puts it at about the same I’m on now. So my take home would be £300 per month more than now, but then I’d be instantly taking that back off and on top of that I’d have to work all those weekends. No thanks.

People can say what they want about the poor paying £9 per hour jobs, but when you take the tunnel vision off and look at the package as a whole rather than just an hourly rate sometimes the lower paying job might suit some people better.

Obviously you must live a considerable distance from any of the supermarket jobs to be costing 200-300 a month,when I was doing 40 miles a day it only cost me around £40 a week even with some domestic travel thrown in.
What does the car you have do all week if you need to buy another

truckertart1:
Not yet. I’ve got a driving assessment and interview on Thursday morning.

Good luck today trucker tart! Let us know how you get on…

lolipop:

Rowley010:

Obviously you must live a considerable distance from any of the supermarket jobs to be costing 200-300 a month,when I was doing 40 miles a day it only cost me around £40 a week even with some domestic travel thrown in.

Yes it would be more than 40 miles per day for me. Minimum 60 round trip. Even if you work it out on your £40 per week that’s £160 per month, plus let’s say £50 insurance plus let’s say £10 tax that’s over £200 per month there. And even that would make it not worth my while when you add in the weekend working on top, bare in mind id also have to buy the car in the first place or get it on finance which would add more monthly cost. So nah, overall happy where I am!

I’m not making my figures up… I spent 2 years commuting a 60 miles round trip in a 1.25 petrol newish fiesta. Car on finance.

Then I spent 2 years commuting a 70 mile round trip in a diesel Volvo. Again car on finances.

Both cost me about £400 per month before even thinking about repairs.

So even if you took the finance off both times it would still have come in between £250 and £300 depending on which car and also before repairs and services.

And that’s the kind of distance is have to commute for any of these high paying supermarket RDCs.

Cheers Damo. Will do.

Well I’ve had the assessment and interview. The drive went well and I think the interview went ok but you never can tell. Will hear in 4-5 days if successful or not.

truckertart1:
Well I’ve had the assessment and interview. The drive went well and I think the interview went ok but you never can tell. Will hear in 4-5 days if successful or not.

Good luck truckertart hopefully will be good news

Rowley010:

lolipop:

Rowley010:

Yes it would be more than 40 miles per day for me. Minimum 60 round trip. Even if you work it out on your £40 per week that’s £160 per month, plus let’s say £50 insurance plus let’s say £10 tax that’s over £200 per month there. And even that would make it not worth my while when you add in the weekend working on top, bare in mind id also have to buy the car in the first place or get it on finance which would add more monthly cost. So nah, overall happy where I am!

Horses for courses as they say. I prefer big money for short hours. Home every afternoon. What suits some doesn’t suit others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montytom:

truckertart1:

Good luck truckertart hopefully will be good news

Thanks montytom. It will be a long few days waiting to find out. [emoji1]

Well I did it. I got the offer of a job today at the new Aldi Bolton depot to which I have accepted. Start on monday the 13th. Thanks to all those that wished me well. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

truckertart1:
Well I did it. I got the offer of a job today at the new Aldi Bolton depot to which I have accepted. Start on monday the 13th. Thanks to all those that wished me well. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Well done let us know how you get on

Wayne pm your number to me. My replies are disappearing unsure if your getting them. I’ll ring you.

Oi Tart- I may well bump into you at Aldi Bolton.

I am in there most days taking your baled cardboard waste away!! (2 Downton trailers round the back on the side by side dock levellers). :wink:

Oi !!! Beaver you were obviously dragged up. You should respect your elders. Lol. Lol. Lol.
Yes I thought that the other week when I was tipping and reloading pallets round the back and I saw the downtowns trailers. Might be moving said trailers round the yard when I’m given my full duties rather than training.