Adr dart tunnel

Need a little help guys I know tanker drivers have to que for the tunnel but are adr drivers OK to go straight through? I’ve got stilages with on a curtain sider with pub gas bottles. Thanks in advance for replies.

You have to book in at crossing control first. Follow the signs from 1a

Are you displaying orange boards? :sunglasses:

the nodding donkey:

That makes no difference ND, because all dangerous goods have to be declared.

Even a full load of pub gas in cylinders is allowed through the Dartford Tunnel quite legally anyway.

Williams9881:
Need a little help guys I know tanker drivers have to que for the tunnel but are adr drivers OK to go straight through? I’ve got stilages with on a curtain sider with pub gas bottles. Thanks in advance for replies.

Hi Williams9881,

Exactly as per OVLOV JAY above.

The requirement is that all dangerous goods have to be declared to the tunnel authorities, then they have to allow through what ADR says they must.

In your case your pub gas is allowed through in any quantity provided it’s in packages (cylinders are packages.)

:bulb: My answer assumes that you’re carrying UN 1013 CARBON DIOXIDE, 2.2 (C/E) … so was that what was written on your paperwork?

If you ever need to ask this type of question in future, it’s better if you can give the exact writing on your delivery note, because you’ll get a far more accurate answer. :smiley:

I’ve only mentioned that because there are several different gases that people simply call ‘pub gas’ and not all of them are treated in the same way by ADR.

dieseldave:

the nodding donkey:

Even a full load of pub gas in cylinders is allowed through the Dartford Tunnel quite legally anyway.

I knew that :wink: . But it makes you wonder how many loads of hazardous go through every day without boards.

the nodding donkey:

dieseldave:

the nodding donkey:

I knew that :wink: . But it makes you wonder how many loads of hazardous go through every day without boards.

Yes ND, it does make you wonder… but I wouldn’t give tuppence for their chances if there were some problem in the tunnel, and it then got discovered.

On coming back through I had empty helium and c02 bottles. Dave it was 2.2 non flam thanks for the replies. What a day it was, Tottenham/blue water/Deptford I hate London!

On saying that…i have seen EE drivers abroad, either take off the signs prior to the fery terminal, or not put them on when loading, but i have seen them in kent putting them back on, their companies book the ferries without telling them whats loaded…maybe its cheaper, or maybe because of block bookings for hazardous…