Another one for DieselDave / Dartford Tunnel ADR Restriction

Just to clarify please.

I have a load on a curtainsider with tunnel code C/D. So my understanding is that as I am not in a tanker, tunnel code D applies, so I am ok to use dartford which is a C. If it was a tanker load then it wouldn’t be allowed through the tunnel as a C load can’t go through a C tunnel.

Does that sound right?

Also, whats the procedure at dartford? Is it the same as the petrol tankers? Off at 1a and in to the holding area through the no entry sign on the industrial estate?

Thanks in advance.

As general rule yes you are correct, but it depends of the bulk load.

transportsfriend.org/dangero … -codes.pdf

P.S. Check the bottom when you open the link as well.

Here’s a ADR question for you…if a recovery truck has to pick up a broken down unaccompanied tanker full or not does he need an ADR ticket??

Don’t know about the no entry sign and industrial estate but it’s straight across the roundabout and immediately right.

Edit: you need to go and see them in the cabin where they’ll check the DGN’s and decide if you need the ■■■■■■ or not

SEDriver:
Just to clarify please.

I have a load on a curtainsider with tunnel code C/D. So my understanding is that as I am not in a tanker, tunnel code D applies, so I am ok to use dartford which is a C. If it was a tanker load then it wouldn’t be allowed through the tunnel as a C load can’t go through a C tunnel.

Does that sound right?

Hi SEDriver,

Yes mate, you have this spot-on. :smiley:

SEDriver:
Also, whats the procedure at dartford? Is it the same as the petrol tankers? Off at 1a and in to the holding area through the no entry sign on the industrial estate?

Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure about this, so I’ll leave it to somebody who knows. :wink:

TheNewBoy:
Here’s a ADR question for you…if a recovery truck has to pick up a broken down unaccompanied tanker full or not does he need an ADR ticket??

Yes, if unaccompanied by the driver, and not moved under emergency supervision eg Police.

hse.gov.uk/cdg/manual/common … akdown.htm

Thanks for the answers.

I meant towards the industrial estate, not through it. :laughing:

I got sent in there when I was over height because the big tunnel was closed (a couple of years ago), I don’t believe they let you wait in the holding area any more.

The sign is very confusing;

It says “Prohibited Vehicles follow hollow diamond” but if I have a tunnel code D then I am not a prohibited vehicle :confused: