Ackworth / Onward Transport

BIG AW:

Guesty44:

kevmac47:

royhebb2:
hiya andy and kev ive just been talking to graham Jarvis,he is agency driving now for sainsburys & next, and he is going to have a look at truknet,so keep a look out for him :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks Roy, it will be good to hear from him again. Regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley:

Hiya Lads I stopped at at rugby many moons ago and was having a drink with one of the
Dvrs from Ackworth tpt good bloke though one of the old school We got talking about Dafs
I had never seen one only Ack/Onw.He told me they never had any I am not a betting person
but took him on for a pint.Go and ring your Transport Mnger who had been there some time then
He came back red faced (I got my pint) Think it was round 60/70s Like Harry my heads going.
They were a wierd looking cab anyone any pics.
Take care.
GUESTY44 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Aye up GUESTY if you look back through this thred ive put some pics on the old DAFS they were wierd looking, before my time my dad says they

were big inside for day cabs on the passenger side because they were left hookers converted and they had white steering wheels ,then again mi dad

as been known to talk a load of ■■■■■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

BIG AW:

Guesty44:

kevmac47:

royhebb2:
hiya andy and kev ive just been talking to graham Jarvis,he is agency driving now for sainsburys & next, and he is going to have a look at truknet,so keep a look out for him :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hiya
just gone back there the ones was they first imports,
only ever saw them once,

Take care GUESTY44

Thanks Roy, it will be good to hear from him again. Regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley:

Hiya Lads I stopped at at rugby many moons ago and was having a drink with one of the
Dvrs from Ackworth tpt good bloke though one of the old school We got talking about Dafs
I had never seen one only Ack/Onw.He told me they never had any I am not a betting person
but took him on for a pint.Go and ring your Transport Mnger who had been there some time then
He came back red faced (I got my pint) Think it was round 60/70s Like Harry my heads going.
They were a wierd looking cab anyone any pics.
Take care.
GUESTY44 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Aye up GUESTY if you look back through this thred ive put some pics on the old DAFS they were wierd looking, before my time my dad says they were big inside for day cabs on the passenger side because they were left hookers converted and they had white steering wheels ,then again mi dad as been known to talk a load of ■■■■■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ad a chat with roy reid about hull depot he sais it was in wharf st in hull an the driver there was john drake

by the way them early dafs were realy nice to drive they used to purr along quite nicely,wen I was on nights I used to swap jimmy beard he wld drive my old beaver an I wld drive his daf just to av a bit of a change

von henry:
by the way them early dafs were realy nice to drive they used to purr along quite nicely,wen I was on nights I used to swap jimmy beard he wld drive my old beaver an I wld drive his daf just to av a bit of a change

aup vonhenry,i had one at cas, fleet no ct67,they were converted from left hand drive,i think ackworth were going to be the main dealers at central garage and distribute them but ended up keeping them to use,there wasn’t much room in drivers side and gearstick was a bit weird,but they were like a monkey to look at :wink: :wink: :wink: didn’t have it long before I got promoted to a scammell trunker :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,at least we didn’t have to drive a big j :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: like the Selby lads lol,you always did get the best alec :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ps do you still live in micklefield alec :question:

ro[quote]
hello boys and girls … Guess who…:slight_smile:
[/quote]
yhebb2:

kevmac47:
Andy, do you know what happened to Graham Jarvis? I seem to remember he became an owner driver, but I haven’t heard of him for years. Regards and season’s greetings to you ( and your Dad). Kev.

hiya its royhebb.ex cas driver ,last I heard of graham he was driving for a Doncaster firm,i saw him last year,just cant remember what firm tho,I used to bring the wages up for the birtley depot every Friday night,i was on night trunk from ackworth to Berwick upon tweed, somebody used to meet me at the services through the fence, or sometimes it was a young lad and I met him just past the angel, I think it was cheques tho not cash lol, :smiley: royhebb

bgpsycho:

ro[quote]
hello boys and girls … Guess who…:slight_smile:
[/quote]
yhebb2:

kevmac47:
Andy, do you know what happened to Graham Jarvis? I seem to remember he became an owner driver, but I haven’t heard of him for years. Regards and season’s greetings to you ( and your Dad). Kev.

hiya its royhebb.ex cas driver ,last I heard of graham he was driving for a Doncaster firm,i saw him last year,just cant remember what firm tho,I used to bring the wages up for the birtley depot every Friday night,i was on night trunk from ackworth to Berwick upon tweed, somebody used to meet me at the services through the fence, or sometimes it was a young lad and I met him just past the angel, I think it was cheques tho not cash lol, :smiley: royhebb

Graham■■? Good to talk to you again. Regards Kev. (Birtley)

Hey up BIGAW and ROYHEBB and everybody else on here I worked at Ackworth depot 1986 to 1989.
Somebody mentioned graham Jarvis being in a Truck magazine test driving a new truck. It was me not graham if I remember right it was a new Mercedes powerliner and we both had scary masks in our cabs proper realistic ones made people jump. Childish I know but very funny

stevesax:
Hey up BIGAW and ROYHEBB and everybody else on here I worked at Ackworth depot 1986 to 1989.
Somebody mentioned graham Jarvis being in a Truck magazine test driving a new truck. It was me not graham if I remember right it was a new Mercedes powerliner and we both had scary masks in our cabs proper realistic ones made people jump. Childish I know but very funny

I don’t think graham was wearing a mask, was he ? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: only joking graham, I do remember those masks and funny teeth, steve how is your uncle roy going on ( I think hes your uncle ) we used to work at eric attwoods when everything was in black and white, :smiley: :smiley: have you heard owt from martin lately… see you around somewhere royhebb

Aye up steve hows tricks?
I can see how they got you two mixed up you both look the same your like twins :wink: :wink: :wink:
hows the heavy haulage going still see you out and about. and if your wondering who keeps flashing you in and around Ackworth its me :grimacing: :grimacing: o and at CT at knottingley if the penny ant dropped.

Hi steve think you are wrong it was graham in truck mag if i get chance i will look it out and put pic on here.

Well was it Steve or Graham ■■? theres only one way to find out !!!

“FIGHT”
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

there was also a article on onward in a edition of truck will look it out

BIG AW:
Well was it Steve or Graham ■■? theres only one way to find out !!!

“FIGHT”
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It was the good looking one…

The good twin

Now then graham hows it going r u still sporting the Noel Edmunds beard■■? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

my first job after leaving school was at onward south kirkby ,a picker on the quaker contract ,propper horse work but a r8 laugh wih a good set of lads

Ayup Andy how’s it going ? Nooooo the Noel look went a few years ago to reveal my boyish good looks. I wish . How’s the old man doing now? tell him i said hello … And hello again to all the lads on here !!! Kev, Roy, Alec, …I haven’t worked out the rest just yet… Oh and my twin. SS…yb

bgpsycho:
Ayup Andy how’s it going ? Nooooo the Noel look went a few years ago to reveal my boyish good looks. I wish . How’s the old man doing now? tell him i said hello … And hello again to all the lads on here !!! Kev, Roy, Alec, …I haven’t worked out the rest just yet… Oh and my twin. SS…yb

hiya graham,are you still into zz top,i once remember at the Carlisle truck stop you were playing it loud :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bgpsycho:

Aye up mate ,am sound mate plodding on as ya do ,old man is fine still no worries never gid a ■■■■ did he so ,retired now 3 1/2 years spends his time fishing ,walking dog getting on mi mams nerves usual things then in the warmer months he ■■■■■ about in his garage making stuff nobody asked for made me a bird box the other year it was made from the heaviest wood ever took to to lift it dropped it in garden with a stanley davies crane :laughing: :laughing: then last year a birdbox its big enough for vulture !!! only wanted it for robins :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but most of all he makes sawdust :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: might get a rabbit life long supply :smiley: :smiley:

Roy/Graham.
Another name came up the other day, Jerry Pig is he still alive ■■?