A75

davepenn54:
later on during the short hop the Captain invited me onto the bridge and let me takeover the helm whilst he had a quick bit of shut eye :open_mouth:

Can I correct you on the above little bit … the Captain or ole man is only on the bridge for arrivals and departures and once clear the ship is on auto pilot so nobody is needed on the bridge, they will all be found in the drivers lounge listening to the wonderful exploits of the 75 and on the ■■■■ … :grimacing:

read back as to the reason why they wont install average speed cameras up and effectively stop 99% of speeding trucks on the A75 overnight,and make your own conclusions from this.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- … d-38796493

read back as to the reason why they wont install average speed cameras up and effectively stop 99% of speeding trucks on the A75 overnight,and make your own conclusions from this.

dieseldog999:

D & G police the only force in the country that can make the Met police look respectable.

Mazzer2:

dieseldog999:

D & G police the only force in the country that can make the Met police look respectable.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
any rubbish i accumulate in the cab gets binned somewhere at random along the 75 just for the sake of it,though to be fair,its just not so easy to take a dump on the carpark since they closed castle kennedy.
apart from speeding and other similarly grouped offences then i consider myself to be as mostly law abiding as the next dude,but on principal alone,i would never assist in any way possible the d&g plods due to their attitude and the way they trarget trucks . :slight_smile:

GOG47:
I’d be careful on the 75 for the next few nights. The antics on the video have been picked up by the local press and our MSP’ s are jumping on the bandwagon demanding action from the polis. I’m not too fussed about what happened on the vid, we all know what a PITA following slow movers is on that road but ffs, why did it have to be posted on faceache!

Because he wanted 15mins of Fame, or to show the Gestapo what happens, …

And the reason they won’t install specs cameras, is Scottish government need the revenue to keep their coffers full.

GOG47:
I’d be careful on the 75 for the next few nights. The antics on the video have been picked up by the local press and our MSP’ s are jumping on the bandwagon demanding action from the polis. I’m not too fussed about what happened on the vid, we all know what a PITA following slow movers is on that road but ffs, why did it have to be posted on faceache!

They(Police Scotland or the Dumfries and Galloway division of them ) won’t have a “purge” anytime soon . That would show them up as being lazy. They will continue as normal hiding in black BMW’s and picking off the ones that can’t keep up with the main pack . It will be business as usual - the same cars , the same lorries and the same game of cat and mouse . They watch us , we watch them , we know they watch us , they know we watch them - and so it continues .

Remember years ago, the media hoo-ha about traffic cops in North Wales? I never saw a bit of it, and I was on and off the Ulysses regularly.

Always a good laugh ignoring the bits of paper given out by Trading Standards in Holyhead Port, though :laughing:

beefy4605:

GOG47:

They(Police Scotland or the Dumfries and Galloway division of them ) won’t have a “purge” anytime soon . That would show them up as being lazy. They will continue as normal hiding in black BMW’s and picking off the ones that can’t keep up with the main pack . It will be business as usual - the same cars , the same lorries and the same game of cat and mouse . They watch us , we watch them , we know they watch us , they know we watch them - and so it continues .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats the nail on the head there bud.
as soon as someone spots them and passes out the info then their element of surprise is lost,as soon as that happens,they pick off the stragglers like a U boat chasing an atlantic convoy.
they know the ferry timetables,and they like to run out and sit somewhere handy once the traffic has been moving for a while.
what they need to watch out for is the northbound traffic spotting them and broadcasting their positions to the ones coming off the boat.
its still all good clean fun though assuming your not a straggler :slight_smile:

You also gotta watch the “County Mounties” in the van.
Poor aul lowloader fella got picked off on chevrons top of Glenluce overtaking lane 0200 Wed morn middle of 2330Stena “Wolf-pack”.
This was after Police van had passed ten of us heading up Glenluce OT lane “flat-lit” just to see who he could snare over the chevrons!!!

Big Truck:
You also gotta watch the “County Mounties” in the van.
Poor aul lowloader fella got picked off on chevrons top of Glenluce overtaking lane 0200 Wed morn middle of 2330Stena “Wolf-pack”.
This was after Police van had passed ten of us heading up Glenluce OT lane “flat-lit” just to see who he could snare over the chevrons!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
but its not entrapment or revenue raising just for the sake of it… :open_mouth:

thought I was going to get to play with the "Midnight cowboys " this week but not to be -I’ll be on the daylight sailings instead .

beefy4605:
thought I was going to get to play with the "Midnight cowboys " this week but not to be -I’ll be on the daylight sailings instead .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well the mornings are darker,and the nights are getting longer so theres hope for you yet… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

beefy4605:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well the mornings are darker,and the nights are getting longer so theres hope for you yet… :slight_smile:

Someday lol

if your doing a daytime crossing then why dont you just put your tacho back 11 hours then you can be running at night and still be able to see where your going.
most of the night traffic runs during the day when its pitch black same as the video… :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
if your doing a daytime crossing then why dont you just put your tacho back 11 hours then you can be running at night and still be able to see where your going.
most of the night traffic runs during the day when its pitch black same as the video… :open_mouth:

No fun with a digi card anymore - miss the days of winding the head back and forward and big sticky nuts . :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

dieseldog999:

why 11 hours ? or was that another pot hole and you meant 12 :smiley:

Bluey Circles:

dieseldog999:

why 11 hours ? or was that another pot hole and you meant 12 :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^
a mere slip of the thumb old bean.
so long as its at least 6 then you still get a cpl hours kip and the rest is a bonus.
them trucks need paid for doncha know. :slight_smile:

beefy4605:

Not to my taste, but if you wanna play with the Midnight Cowboys there are lots of suitable cinemas around apparently.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk