A75

Alright, anyone travel this road regularly? my neck of the woods.

Paul

aye m8 am on the rabbit run everyday unfortunetly whare u from

Every day old hand, lovely road… NOT… Some freight on it, Through teh night there big convoy off the 00.00 P&O met me at Carrutherstown, counted about 23 lorries nose to tail, some sight. You got to keep the pin down on it otherwise Paddy McGinty will have you in a field.

scottishcruiser:
Every day old hand, lovely road… NOT… Some freight on it, Through teh night there big convoy off the 00.00 P&O met me at Carrutherstown, counted about 23 lorries nose to tail, some sight. You got to keep the pin down on it otherwise Paddy McGinty will have you in a field.

you aint jokin either are ya :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: btw scottish cruiser was that you parked up in a layby sleeping on tues morning on a153 sleaford to horncastle road just before the chicken factory??

Used to drive it everyday, not now tho, i have a love hate relationship with it.

I think its a good drive when its quiet, espec if your plodding on, think some of the scenery is stunning.

Just the one huge draw back is the D&G polis who take no prisoners and some people on it drive like complete nutters overtaking on a blind corner up the hill at Newton Stewart and such carry on.

Ahh the lovely 75, used to drive it every day “was my first job” what a experience, but sadly i have left due to the amount of police and irish nutters

1967 we used to ship from Stranraer to Larne every Friday from Leeds with Treats ice cream.No dual carriageway on A 75 then,seems to be safer now but driving techniques not changed!!The Irish motors had AM CB radios and went like the wind,just keep up with them,hammer down and pray!!After tipping Portadown Saturday couldnt ship back til Monday–no freight ferries Sunday.And the boats were reverse on drive off=-9’ wide linkspan.Hardships-----------!!!The freight deck was like Petticoat lane market ,beds,3pce suites ,tables,clothes,all being bartered to boost wages.

aye m8 am on the rabbit run everyday unfortunetly whare u from

The lovely layby, gatehouse of fleet. ha u?

You got to keep the pin down on it otherwise Paddy McGinty will have you in a field

aye the irish lads champ on along this road.

Didn’t think the local constabulary was that bad until i was involved in the mcrae tribute, a convoy of subaru’s travelling from lanark to prodrive banbury. the only “safety van” was on the first flyover inside the D&G border.

scotstrucker:

scottishcruiser:

you aint jokin either are ya :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: btw scottish cruiser was that you parked up in a layby sleeping on tues morning on a153 sleaford to horncastle road just before the chicken factory??

Nope not me pal but we go to Moy Park - Anwick a lot so one of the many others…

You wanna try living next to it. i stay just down from shell garage at Collin. You here the v8’s day and night, quite often its the same 1’s… :laughing:

Yep, I go along it just about every day. Taking straw to the green and pleasant land that is Dumfrieshire. Still a bit new to me, i’ve only been doing this job for about 6 weeks, though our other driver thinks i’ll soon get sick of that particular road. Mind, the scenery is great along there, especially if you turn of the road and go inland a bit, i was away up past a little village called Penpont today off the a76, really nice place, not ideal for an over length artic tho!

Did you have to drive through penpont?? my work is based up near there. know the area well. its always tight when im taking the 20 tonne dumper through, cars parked in akward positions. Whats the wagon look like?

i must admit i do love a run along the a75 as the scenery is brilliant but it even better when you got the roar of a few irish v8’s thundering past you

Tony im out by yours tomorrow about 1am maybe, give you big licks of the airhorns cmon… :wink:

go for it auld boy, i’l be in the wife, i mean the bed. :smiling_imp: :wink:

i do the "75 regular only as far as dumfries,cos im either delivering there or coming back down from ayr.not a bad road unless you get stuck behind a 35mph im not pulling over or letting you by plodder…and the irish dont frighten me pull your mirrors in lads im coming through toot toot!!

the a75 is like a test track for new drivers. one week of that is like a years experience anywhere else.
limiters should be removed on that road.
and for any of the whiter than white smug gits who sit at 40mph. they learn, and they learn quick.
keep your cb on, am channel 19. let the boys behind know that you will let them past if you are a bit slow, or they will be past you whether there is room or not.
best road ever. :laughing:

40mph-tesco,wilko,s,jeez,get oot ma way,av got work tae dae

See the ‘Get out of my way clowns are in full flow here!’
Of course, when you’ve all got FAST work to do and get caught by the D & G polis, you’ll come on here and complain about being persecuted for ‘just’ doing your job and earning a living for your family (Without regard to others using the road trying to do the same, legally and safely!).
And your boss will keep your job AND pay you while your banned, WONT HE?
Sure he will!
The speed limit is 40, observe it or pay the penalty.
May I also say that this road has a very high accident rate for trucks, due to all the low flyers who think they will never come unstuck. Unfortunately, they also hurt and kill innocent people.
They have a saying in the aviation industry ‘There are BOLD pilots and there OLD pilots! There are NO OLD BOLD pilots!’ Say’s it all, really!
Alex

Got pulled last year by “big car” along kinmont straight,friday,midnite on the limiiter,after the pair o them did the gid cop,bad cop routine,they let me away,only telling me to take it a wee bit steadier-wen i asked them what wuz best speed they said “use your common sense,depends on time o day,weather etc but DON,T sit bang on 40,that only causes traffic build up which means frustration and stipid overtakes,ok,on yer way”,so the am box is always on an she,s lum fu the whole way c,mon