Is this DD999

facebook.com/1189545616/pos … 220576967/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It reminds me of why I always used to ease off and drop back to let them play their little nose to tail games in the far distance.

Need a few cameras on that road and could ban quite a few of the idiots (depending which side of the border they came from) thus preventing them from ever entering British roads again. Pity the numberplates aren’t visible for those two. Was surprised to see quite a few of the trucks behaving themselves down there - thought the whole thing was supposed to be flat to the mat?

trevHCS:
Need a few cameras on that road and could ban quite a few of the idiots (depending which side of the border they came from) thus preventing them from ever entering British roads again. Pity the numberplates aren’t visible for those two. Was surprised to see quite a few of the trucks behaving themselves down there - thought the whole thing was supposed to be flat to the mat?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
most of the trucks are recognisable with the crawlers /heavily laden would be at 56 at the start of the climb.(( bear in mind its a 40mph limit on the video" .
for the 97 miles of A 75 they could just bung in 6 or 8 cameras and effectively wipe put trucks speeding overnight but they wont put them up as the traffic cars and camera vans just ■■■■ the trucks on a 24/7 never ending blitz to cream in constant revenue.
if they fitted the cameras the only ones caught would be one time newbies and theres no money in that.
they got as far as storing the camera lamposts about 14 years ago in stranraer roads department yards but as far as i know they are still lying there.
im still waiting for someone to moan about the dashcam truck who was well wired wanting to pass the lot of them.
at least the oncoming car with the headlights on full beam will remember his wee run to the ferry,with the tiny wee car southbound in the rocking chair just sitting going…wtf,wtf,wtf,wtf!!!.. :smiley:

DD999 assume it’s worse/ better heading for the boat [emoji2960]

all depends on your perspective my good man.
its the same as watching the motorcycle racing sometimes.
the front 3 or 5 make the pace,and the jostling for position takes part just back a tad.
theres more heading south as we all come off the same boat at the same time plus they tend to let lots of cars off first that only get in the way and slow you down.
its just as much fun letting the donegal mafia and such bust their nuts and shake the bushes out in front,then wait 2 mins and slip in just behind the forerunners.
so long as theres a few in front,and plenty behind then your pretty much safe so long as you can keep up with the pack.
heading for the boat,then it all depends on who you catch up with as to whether you tag on,or blow them away.
its all good craic either way though most of the bedlam comes heading south.
as soon as the 2 big cars are spotted and accounted for then its pretty much an open road though you might find one from lockerbie thats lost and on the prowl.
certainly beats a 10 hour trunk on cruise control at 52 staring at your satnav.

dieseldog999:
the front 3 or 5 make the pace,and the jostling for position takes part just back a tad.
theres more heading south as we all come off the same boat at the same time plus they tend to let lots of cars off first that only get in the way and slow you down.
its just as much fun letting the donegal mafia and such bust their nuts and shake the bushes out in front,then wait 2 mins and slip in just behind the forerunners.
so long as theres a few in front,and plenty behind then your pretty much safe so long as you can keep up with the pack.
heading for the boat,then it all depends on who you catch up with as to whether you tag on,or blow them away.
as soon as the 2 big cars are spotted and accounted for then its pretty much an open road though you might find one from lockerbie thats lost and on the prowl.

[emoji108]

My steed only goes 55

Does my nut in when your in middle of “Wolf-pack” and some Subbie or Manfreight Clown just gotta get past you even though there’s another 20+ trucks STILL in front!!! :neutral_face:

Big Truck:
Does my nut in when your in middle of “Wolf-pack” and some Subbie or Manfreight Clown just gotta get past you even though there’s another 20+ trucks STILL in front!!! :neutral_face:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
old habits die hard for some.
anyway,
thats what you get for dawdling along at under 100 ks :slight_smile:

:grimacing: if :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Ha, all true. Being in 1st position just makes you a target for everybody.

If the slow ones at the front didnt speed up in the overtake areas I bet this wouldn’t happen. Mcburney wagons are the biggest culprits for that.