A75 scotland 40mph!

Olog Hai:

robroy:

Olog Hai:
Given that you have stated in the past that you have no issue with deliberately pulling in early to force another driver either to brake or onto the hard shoulder.

Now why does that not surprise me, …and presumably everybody else on here. :unamused:

Like you’ve said before, they are car drivers who have somehow fluked their way into obtaining a heavy goods ticket. That’s why you see so many wagons being driven like cars. There’s just no other possible explanation.

Amen to that!

Yeah rob except these ■■■■■■■ aren’t even running at 44 ton like us mega truckers [emoji23] the 6th axel doesn’t fit the image…or…is it they can’t handle being top weight? [emoji848]

What is it with some “drivers”. I drive a bus more often than a lorry nowadays. I was on a dual climbing a hill and passed a loaded lorry me doing 60 mph him doing just over 50. Ten miles later I turn onto a single carriageway and hold 50 mph legal limit for the bus, Billy big rig has to pass me at about 56 then pulls into a layby about 20 miles later. Just chill if your not in a hurry.

At the end of the day all these biatches moaning about somebody sticking to the speed limit should take their beef to the backwards and deliberately contrary Scottish parliament.
Doing 55 on that road don’t exactly make you a driving god does it? I could do 100 but my limiter and government won’t allow it and for good reason. If I was doing 100 you can guarantee there would be a hero trying to muscle his way past at 100.5 mph [emoji57]

Get the foot down or get out of the way. I bet you put it up to the limiter on the dual carriageway sections too, why speed there but not anywhere else?

If you want to do the limit, fine, but be prepared to stop in every layby to let the miles of traffic behind you clear, simple. Its called not being a wee snivveling beano fanny.

What’s it got to do with you how fast someone else is going anyway?

Just get out the way, you irritant, is what I’m saying.

A.

harrawaffa:
Or you could have just pulled into a lay-by and let them past rather than impeding the flow of traffic. You must have had some size of queue behind you at that speed and a clear road ahead? Surely hinting to the fact that you’re the problem. Doing 40 on the 75 will gain more unwanted attention than sitting on the limiter will.
Someone will always flash you if there are some baddies round the next bend so don’t worry just keep it flat to the mat.

Your not being a Problem driving at the speed limit. Like the OP said if it’s causing dangerous overtaking and causing big queues they need to up the limit like they did one the A9. If I’m driving at the correct limit for the vehicle I’m in then bollox to everyone else, not my fault, not my problem. If my limit was 40mph and for whatever reason I was doing 20 then I’d definitely pull in and let everyone go. I do this sometimes when I’m on a B road and heavy and my trailer has to go on the other side of the road a bit on some bends so for a lot of the road I can’t safely get much above 30mph but cars could b doing 50 or so safely. In which case I do pull in when I can.

But if I’m at the correct speed limit for my vehicle then naahhh screw you. Go complain to the local MP. Not me.

Rowley010:
If I’m driving at the correct limit for the vehicle I’m in then bollox to everyone else, not my fault, not my problem.

See, I pity the Billy Big Trucker brigade as much as any right-thinking person does, but that’s a ■■■■ attitude that you have. Just pull over and let them by. Someone who has no issue with pulling a dodgy overtake in a truck is much better off past you and out of the way than hanging off your back doors as his blood pressure rises and his tiny brain becomes ever less able to make rational decisions.

Plenty of knuckle draggers revealing themselves on this thread :smiley:

nomiS36:
I hate bully’s, especially lorry driving bully’s. I’ve been in the game long enough to not get intimidated by these [zb] but as rob says I will pull up and let ‘em through if they’re asking nicely. I’m not going to say I’m whiter than white but I’d never dream of bullying another driver because they stick to the limit. Like me they don’t want to be working all day for nothing after paying the speeding fine just to get there 5 or 10 mins earlier. These ■■■■ heads really do need to have a good think about it and realise it ain’t worth it just to be a ‘keep ‘er lit’ hero.

How do you ask nicely ?

If you hang back the bloke in front might just assume you’re happy with the speed - pull up to the bumper and sit out a bit and you’re being aggressive.

I have always wished there was a signal to say to the bloke behind, hang back a mo and next opportunity I will let you go.

Before they upped the limit on the A9, I would run up to about 50 on the single carriageway if it was safe, then when I hit a D/C if there was anything stuck behind me I would drop to 40ish for a bit to let them clear, then back up to 50. Worked well enough that when a copper passed me, his passenger simply looked up at me, acknowledged me and ■■■■■■ off into the distance.

Rowley010:

harrawaffa:
Or you could have just pulled into a lay-by and let them past rather than impeding the flow of traffic. You must have had some size of queue behind you at that speed and a clear road ahead? Surely hinting to the fact that you’re the problem. Doing 40 on the 75 will gain more unwanted attention than sitting on the limiter will.
Someone will always flash you if there are some baddies round the next bend so don’t worry just keep it flat to the mat.

Your not being a Problem driving at the speed limit. Like the OP said if it’s causing dangerous overtaking and causing big queues they need to up the limit like they did one the A9. If I’m driving at the correct limit for the vehicle I’m in then bollox to everyone else, not my fault, not my problem. If my limit was 40mph and for whatever reason I was doing 20 then I’d definitely pull in and let everyone go. I do this sometimes when I’m on a B road and heavy and my trailer has to go on the other side of the road a bit on some bends so for a lot of the road I can’t safely get much above 30mph but cars could b doing 50 or so safely. In which case I do pull in when I can.

But if I’m at the correct speed limit for my vehicle then naahhh screw you. Go complain to the local MP. Not me.

Exhibit A: Wee snivveling beano fanny.

See also: Self appointed road commander, Chief Superintendent Dickdome.

A.

Amusing how some “pro drivers” can in one thread slag you off for sitting on the limiter and shaving 2 hours off a job and ■■■■■■■ it up for the regular guy, then in another thread tell you to be flat out all the time or get out of their way cos they’re so important.

Simply lovely.

Olog Hai:

Rowley010:
If I’m driving at the correct limit for the vehicle I’m in then bollox to everyone else, not my fault, not my problem.

See, I pity the Billy Big Trucker brigade as much as any right-thinking person does, but that’s a [zb] attitude that you have. Just pull over and let them by. Someone who has no issue with pulling a dodgy overtake in a truck is much better off past you and out of the way than hanging off your back doors as his blood pressure rises and his tiny brain becomes ever less able to make rational decisions.

Why? Where does it say in the highway code that when you are driving to the speed limit, and some ■■■■■■ in a hurry wants to get past, that you must pull over?
And as for a professional drivers suggesting that a 40 ton truck should pull in a lay-by, which means that he then needs to get back up to speed again, wasting fuel, ■■■■ you…

We don’t get many ‘boaty mcboatface’ chasers down here (other than tailgaiting on the M4), but we have plenty of their inbred cousins, tipper drivers. I quite enjoy watching them bust a blood vessel, as they try to get past me.

Adonis.:

Rowley010:

harrawaffa:

Exhibit A: Wee snivveling beano fanny.

See also: Self appointed road commander, Chief Superintendent Dickdome.

A.

Exhibit B: knuckledragger bully with delusions of grandeur. Why not get a properly paid job, like the rest of us. Or grow some balls, and tell your boss that the load will get there when it does.

Adonis.:
Get the foot down or get out of the way. I bet you put it up to the limiter on the dual carriageway sections too, why speed there but not anywhere else?

If you want to do the limit, fine, but be prepared to stop in every layby to let the miles of traffic behind you clear, simple. Its called not being a wee snivveling beano fanny.

A.

Erm i think you’ll find those that do the speed limit not “stopping at every layby” so you need to be prepared to risk life, limb and licence overtaking or take a chill pill.
[emoji39]

the nodding donkey:
Exhibit B: knuckledragger bully with delusions of grandeur. Why not get a properly paid job, like the rest of us. Or grow some balls, and tell your boss that the load will get there when it does.

I get paid more than you.

My boss doesn’t tell me to speed, I do it because I’m not sitting hours and hours waiting for a boat, mess up an entire weeks worth of work just because some beano who can’t drive won’t get the foot down.

A.

the nodding donkey:

Olog Hai:

Rowley010:

Where does it say in the highway code that when you are driving to the speed limit, and some [zb] in a hurry wants to get past, that you must pull over?
And as for a professional drivers suggesting that a 40 ton truck should pull in a lay-by, which means that he then needs to get back up to speed again, wasting fuel, [zb] you…

It doesn’t, (and I don’t pull over on the whole for agressive ■■■■ anyway) but it’s just courtesy,.and a lot of lay bys are long enough for you to pull over and keep moving anyway to let a few cars pass or a truck, then just accelerate up to speed.
Saving fuel aint the be all and end all nor at the absolute pinnacle of my priority list anyway tbh.
If I can do a fellow driver a good turn I will…and I do.

nomiS36:
Erm i think you’ll find those that do the speed limit not “stopping at every layby” so you need to be prepared to risk life, limb and licence overtaking or take a chill pill.
[emoji39]

No, they don’t, which is the point, Einstein. You’ve obviously never been at the back of a several mile long queue caused by some helmet doing 40.

My licence and limbs are fine and I’ll overtake when I want to.

A.

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Olog Hai:

Rowley010:

Where does it say in the highway code that when you are driving to the speed limit, and some [zb] in a hurry wants to get past, that you must pull over?
And as for a professional drivers suggesting that a 40 ton truck should pull in a lay-by, which means that he then needs to get back up to speed again, wasting fuel, [zb] you…

It doesn’t, (and I don’t pull over on the whole for agressive [zb] anyway) but it’s just courtesy,.and a lot of lay bys are long enough for you to pull over and keep moving anyway to let a few cars pass or a truck, then just accelerate up to speed.
Saving fuel aint the be all and end all nor at the absolute pinnacle of my priority list anyway tbh.
If I can do a fellow driver a good turn I will…and I do.

Don’t come in here with your common sense and courteous ways, don’t you know you can cause miles of tailbacks by being a self righteous prick?!

A.

Adonis.:

A.

Jeez Adonis, calm down man, you’ve only been on the job a couple o years,if you keep on like this you’ll end up with a heart attack.
This thread has went exactly the way I thought it would when I saw 40mph and A75 in the same sentence