A14 Overnight Parking BEWARE

Remember if you near kettering the new Truckstop is now open at A14 Rothwell think someone said on here will be parking for 150 lorries. be safer than parking in laybys. If you don’t know were it is, its just off the A14 slip road for the A6 to Leicester.

corij:
how would you stand if you confronted a thief who was armed with ,say a knife and you killed him? i was talking with a lad who reckons most knifings happen when someones threatened but they in turn grab the knife and wrongfoot the perpetrator and then stab him

I doubt you would stand. The notion that you can somehow “wrongfoot” someone armed with a knife, disarm him and turn the weapon back against him is pure boys-own fiction. If threatened with a knife you take certain steps - big, fast ones away from the bloke with the knife.

robroy:
Does anybody know that Elvis is dead? :open_mouth:

.Not being funny but anybody who overnights in a lay by, (especially on the A14 !) deserves to get turned over imo. :neutral_face: …no sympathy from me whatsoever.

Unfortunately, Information like said is mostly picked up through experience in my opinion, its always nice to have another driver or a friend give you a heads up but that’s not the case half the time.
Myself, when I passed my class 1 and went tramping for the first time, I had previously barely gone out of my home town bar vacations and the occasional day out so I started the game from zero! Sure there are trailers parked along that stretch which have been there for as long as I know and to be fair, fuel theft can happen anywhere like any other crime so as a newbie, I would just put that to the local constabulary having enough money in the pot to be able to advertise these things compared to other areas of the county. I was lucky to hear from drivers I spoke to about it and the alleged name “Turkish alley” (correct me if I’m wrong) so I did take note and avoid parking there. I do think saying that anyone who parks there deserves to be turned over is a bit harsh though as a relatively new driver wouldn’t know. I’m lucky enough to have never been a victim of this or the infamous “pin puller” but I’m sure in would likely have a huge confidence hit and be sleeping badly for a few weeks. That’s my input on the matter anyway

Scraggy88:

robroy:

.Not being funny but anybody who overnights in a lay by, (especially on the A14 !) deserves to get turned over imo. :neutral_face: …no sympathy from me whatsoever.

Unfortunately, Information like said is mostly picked up through experience in my opinion, its always nice to have another driver or a friend give you a heads up but that’s not the case half the time.
Myself, when I passed my class 1 and went tramping for the first time, I had previously barely gone out of my home town bar vacations and the occasional day out so I started the game from zero! Sure there are trailers parked along that stretch which have been there for as long as I know and to be fair, fuel theft can happen anywhere like any other crime so as a newbie, I would just put that to the local constabulary having enough money in the pot to be able to advertise these things compared to other areas of the county. I was lucky to hear from drivers I spoke to about it and the alleged name “Turkish alley” (correct me if I’m wrong) so I did take note and avoid parking there. I do think saying that anyone who parks there deserves to be turned over is a bit harsh though as a relatively new driver wouldn’t know. I’m lucky enough to have never been a victim of this or the infamous “pin puller” but I’m sure in would likely have a huge confidence hit and be sleeping badly for a few weeks. That’s my input on the matter anyway

Mate, seriously…when I started this job I was as green as grass, I did a whole range of ■■■■ stupid things…and then some.
Example, I was conned in my first year by feeling sorry for a guy who had ‘‘ran out of diesel’’ and could he buy ‘‘a couple of gallon’’ for him to then get an electric pump out of his van and rinse my tank while his (very fit) girlfriend kept me tallking. :blush:
It’s called getting experience and learning by it, and tbf you sound like you are doing just that with what you have said, so keep learning and cracking on with it. :sunglasses:

If you think I was harsh, I still fail to see why experienced drivers can not see they are very likely to get turned over in a lay by, and especially on an age old notorious stretch of road.
Nowehere is safe today granted, but ffs!..what type of idiot maximises his chances of truck crime as a first option type of parking place. :unamused: then bleats on and complains after… quelle surpris Rodney!.., he gets his load and fuel nicked.
As I said …deserve it on those terms, and I stand by it.

Holy crap, the guy who had no fuel. . . I fell for that one myself once. Literally just woke up and opened my curtains and some chap came running over with the sob story and wanted to borrow my fuel card so he could get to the hospital to be with his sick daughter. Give the guy £10 for which I was told he would turn up at same place the next day as I was working that area for a few weeks and he was never heard from again. Good job I never handed over my fuel card. . . Glad I’m not the only one, I assumed that was just me being a sucker and have never spoken of it since. Shame there are weasels like that out there, Makes me laugh sometimes though. . . Good times hey! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldog999:
is there not a dcpc module telling newbies not to stop on the A14 in case they dont see the signs and the big forkin trailers telling them the same thing■■? :unamused:

Even more interesting did anyone spot the anpr cameras fitted in the back doors of said trailers ?

Punchy Dan:

dieseldog999:
is there not a dcpc module telling newbies not to stop on the A14 in case they dont see the signs and the big forkin trailers telling them the same thing■■? :unamused:

Even more interesting did anyone spot the anpr cameras fitted in the back doors of said trailers ?

Sorry Dan they not anpr cameras, its just a old empty Argos trailer vinyl wrapped with black plastic squares stuck on the back. I used to stick it in laybys where the police wanted it. :laughing:

Roymondo:

corij:
how would you stand if you confronted a thief who was armed with ,say a knife and you killed him? i was talking with a lad who reckons most knifings happen when someones threatened but they in turn grab the knife and wrongfoot the perpetrator and then stab him

I doubt you would stand. The notion that you can somehow “wrongfoot” someone armed with a knife, disarm him and turn the weapon back against him is pure boys-own fiction. If threatened with a knife you take certain steps - big, fast ones away from the bloke with the knife.

few years ago i was out walking in the country when i was confronted by a shouting woman that id cut through her fence ,i said i had not mbut she wasnt having it ,i ignored her cos had no idea what she was on about and walked on ,about ten mins later a car screeched up and a bloke and said woman jumped out blocking my way and very abusive wanting my name and address and yet again on about said fence. they werent going to let me go and i felt if you dont,im going to kill you both. just as i was about to launch my attack he stood to one side and i went on my way. memorable day thank god i dont carry a knife !

peirre:
Is there a story behind the Yamaha motorcycle that’s been left in the lay-by near stowmarket for the past 2 week

It was still there Thursday. Im suprised nobodys had it away.

Tankerman24:

peirre:
Is there a story behind the Yamaha motorcycle that’s been left in the lay-by near stowmarket for the past 2 week

It was still there Thursday. Im suprised nobodys had it away.

There seems to be a 65 plate Actros dumped in a layby on A43 at Kettering. I haven’t seen it move for weeks. Don’t think anyone wants to nick it :laughing: Strange one. Thought the batteries and fuel would be gone by now.

robroy:

^^^ THIS BIG TIME

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

allow me to steal that pic before the no fun police remove it :wink:

dieseldog999:
allow me to steal that pic before the no fun police remove it :wink:

quickly does it…[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk