A14 fuel theft

A bit of info for anyone who’s bothered ,the Royal we got a tank emptied Thursday night on the A14 , the offender was an artic pulling a well known euro liner , another driver passing by phoned up about it ,the police are looking in it to :unamused: , not sure where the unit was from but the trailer was red with white writing .

Where about on the A14?

Lay-by after junction 2 going east bound .

■■■■■■■■ hope you’re ok Dan!

tango boy:
[zb] hope you’re ok Dan!

Twas the Royal we m8 thanks not me , you’d not find me on the A14 , :laughing: ,

I was talking to a Maxi Haulage driver last Friday afternoon and he too had been visited by the diesel fairys on Thursday night, he said it was on the A14 near Kettering, they removed the sender unit to gain access to the fuel, the sender unit had been forcibly ripped out and was beyond repair, he waited 6 hours in said lay-by waiting for Renault to source a replacement.

They took so much derv out the driver dared not move off to refuel until my brother took some drums to tip in . Hopefully the firm who’s trailer it was will reveal who’s the unit was then it’s just a case of who gets him first :laughing:

All due respects, park in lay-bys. What do you expect.

discoman:

We are not exactly spoiled for choice for secure parking in this country and another driver robbing fuel WTF has it come to?

pete smith:

discoman:

We are not exactly spoiled for choice for secure parking in this country and another driver robbing fuel WTF has it come to?

We used to have a driver doing it on here. He’d come in on a Sunday night and have 20 litres out of 20 trucks. He’d put it straight in his truck and cop £200 a month in fuel bonus. The firm had him up as a poster boy. 12 mpg on the board. He got ■■■■■■ when we changed from mpg bonus to Dynafleet bonus

By the looks of some of the “subbies” being used on ferry trailers, its pretty obvious they are having to cut corners :unamused:

I`ve not met one of our EE friends who isn’t pretty adapt at getting something for nothing :wink:

Predator-cvs-com for their tank alarms and panic button, bloody loud, and they work :wink:

2yrs ago after getting stuck in traffic along the A14 i was forced to park up in one of the lay-bys,got woke up about 1am looked out the front curtains to see one of the well known silver Merc Sprinter tyre vans parked in front of me,thought nothing of it and laid back down,
Two minutes later heard another noise and opened side curtain to just be able to make out 2 people stood at the side of the truck,went to open the door and they legged it into the van and off,so i pulls the stalk for the main beam and managed to get the reg no and rang the Police,anyway the operater takes all the info and tells me they,ll get them somewhere on CCTV,
2 days later i get a phone call from a policeman telling me the offenders were caught on the M6 northbound and he was dealing with it as the van had been stolen from Mercedes in Derby,the fuel theft happened early hours of a Tuesday morn and by Thursday that week they had been given 3mths in HMP,
Not a lot i know but better than most cases where the culprits get away scot free.

That’s good Mick , quick justice for once .

Punchy Dan:
That’s good Mick , quick justice for once .

+1, even one pair of thieving sods out the picture is good news,
Well done Mick for your quick thinking and managing to get the plate :sunglasses:

I have to say that we ( West Mercia ) are steadily making progress. We caught some people the other day in the Alvechurch area with IIRC 5 drums in his boot. Their day in court is later in the summer. I was aware of a shropshire unit tailing a van around Oswestry, when the passengers threw one of their drums at the police car. It missed, but the van was lost as the Police had to take avoiding action.
But YOU as drivers are not helping each other or us out. We need diesel thefts reported. On the day the Alvechurch guys were caught, There were no reported diesel thefts in the local area. Somebody had it… and lost it. We Have it but to make the case tighter we need a victim. If you dont report, and we do catch, then we have a much harder task.
And for your info, Im a Special Constable with West Mercia, I just drive trucks for a living.

I had my tank drained one night a few years ago on an industrial estate but was woken by a motorway maintenance driver returning to his yard, the culprit legged it, police were called and eventually arrived, his van was seized, had to pour 99% of the fuel back in the tank at 3am the other 1% the idiot got all over the floor, long story short he was caught, it was all on camera :laughing: 8 months later it went to court and he got 126 hours community service and court costs etc, :unamused: a bit disappointed but fair play to the police I only expected to get a crime number

years ago i guy i know well got caught red handed with a almost brand new minibus he just nicked in his shed halfway through stihlsawing it up into pieces.
3 weeks community service…driving/cleaning minibuses around for the council who always have 2 or 3 sets of keys for each bus lumped onto the same bunch…never did the council lose so many buses in the following cpl of years.it was open season and happy days for him as all he did was collect the spare key for every bus he accessed during the 3 weeks then nick them on a regular basis thereafter.he made a fortune thanks to the sentence.

dieseldog999:
years ago i guy i know well got caught red handed with a almost brand new minibus he just nicked in his shed halfway through stihlsawing it up into pieces.
3 weeks community service…driving/cleaning minibuses around for the council who always have 2 or 3 sets of keys for each bus lumped onto the same bunch…never did the council lose so many buses in the following cpl of years.it was open season and happy days for him as all he did was collect the spare key for every bus he accessed during the 3 weeks then nick them on a regular basis thereafter.he made a fortune thanks to the sentence.

Jackanory!!

We’ve been told, when parking up for the night try to have as little fuel in tanks, 1/4 or less if possible, and fill up in tut morning.

If you need fuel before parking only put 50L in.

biggriffin:
We’ve been told, when parking up for the night try to have as little fuel in tanks, 1/4 or less if possible, and fill up in tut morning.

If you need fuel before parking only put 50L in.

So do you stop for fuel every day?