A step too far for me - "I need your keys, drive"

Screwfix Stoke just gave me a “black card” on a hook. I asked what it’s for as it was about dropping trailers and I wasn’t dropping one and the security guy just said put it on my fifth wheel clip, so rather pointlessly I did. Causing no harm was it.

UNTIL…

I went to leave the premises. The other security person sat five yards away from the first security person created a mess because I’d used this card thing when I didn’t need to. Basically I may have broken it. I didn’t but I may have :unamused:

I just said to the person that they’re acting like it’s an access card to alternate galaxy and to get a bit of a grip which was deemed abusive and they called my place to report me. So I had to explain to my boss what went on and he just used words that hide behind the swear filter to describe them, got told not to worry about it and don’t let it spoil my day.

It hasn’t spoiled my day. If anything its cheered me up a bit :grimacing:

3 wheeler:
So to really ■■■■ it up , if you are an o/d do away with the keys and get the fingerprint recognition plates fitted ( like iPhone) …they would be totally screwed and not no what to do!
Can you tell it’s a boring wet bank holiday…

They would just refuse to load/unload you!

rob22888:

3 wheeler:
So to really ■■■■ it up , if you are an o/d do away with the keys and get the fingerprint recognition plates fitted ( like iPhone) …they would be totally screwed and not no what to do!
Can you tell it’s a boring wet bank holiday…

They would just refuse to load/unload you!

Brucie Bonus. Look what you could have won!!

Well, I’ve been there 3 times since I started this thread, and haven’t been asked for my keys once whilst shutting the back doors. I think even the yard marshalls see the daftness of it. All other procedures are still in place though, but I can live with those, I suppose.

toonsy:
… I just said to the person that they’re acting like it’s an access card to alternate galaxy and to get a bit of a grip which was deemed abusive and they called my place to report me. So I had to explain to my boss …

I usually have my phone in my pocket recording conversations with security men for this reason. It’s a very minor hassle but has proved to be worth it more than once.

Thank god i pull a walking floor trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

switchlogic:

cupidstunt:

switchlogic:
I long ago gave up making a stand against ridiculous rules in favour of an easy life. Now the most they get from me is an eye roll as I do whatever daft thing they are asking

“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.”

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Taking your keys today, ethnic cleansing tomorrow

I was only following orders!

This is a ridiculous state of affairs LOL.
We have a similar rule at Domino sugar in NYC, box van trailers are allowed to have the keys in the ignition of the truck so the engine can run and keep the cab warm in winter and cool in summer. As for us poor liquid tanker drivers, we have to hand our keys in once the tanker is in place for loading because the loaders are on top of the tank, the box van drivers have to remove the airlines and use a glad hand lock (Glad hand = Palm coupling), I put that in because most Brits and Europeans use the second title. The tanker drivers are not allowed to use such items because as we are told 'Some of the other companies have older trailers and the air line connections are not within arms reach, I bought a small separate heater that is connected directly to the batteries and keeps the cab warm. I usually have a say in the offices on site but the H&S geezers rule the roost more than senior management, me being well known and slightly respected am permitted to go inside the offices and wait when loading but others are expected to stay outside and freeze their nuts off.

A new one for me…DO NOT REVERSE ON SITE … in a Manitoba hydro sub station (electric) ,not handy when delivering loads of limestone rock in a tipper when the pile is in a corner :unamused: :unamused: ,went round site once then tipped when I got close to the pile …and no loader to bank it up neither. not to mention safety helmet and safety glasses on when in the cab ,no need to get out as air tailift.

This is just another issue thats killing general haulage. Last July, I started night trunking chilled and frozen food, having been on recycling collections for nine and a half years. The difference from before and after was startling to say the least. I gave that job the heave-ho in March to drive a road sweeper. Best move Ive made in a while, and, get this, better money.

Been for a collection where the bay has automatic wheel locks. You also have to chock your wheels, pull your trailer brake, disconnect your suzies, hand your keys in and sit in the canteen. A bit OTT for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

facebook.com/paul.erven.9/v … 0781/?t=68

i know its an old one, but its idiots like this that require drivers to hand there keys in.

Fyffes at Coventry seem to have a fool proof way which I’m sure everywhere could use…
Back on bay,get given lock to go over red airline,remove airline and place lock on and turn key to lock,take the key to the doofer(not sure on the technical term) at the side of the bay,insert it and turn the key,the keys now locked in the doofer and can’t be taken out with the loading dock door open or the dock itself out…drivers able to sit in his cab,everyone’s happy!!

gingo:
https://www.facebook.com/paul.erven.9/videos/1621015611350781/?t=68

i know its an old one, but its idiots like this that require drivers to hand there keys in.

Green light must have been on. Loaders fault.