9 hour rule help!

Seems simple enough to me? The driving hours rules for when you’re driving, and the working time rules for when you’re doing other work

Basket:
Seems simple enough to me? The driving hours rules for when you’re driving, and the working time rules for when you’re doing other work

The working time rules also apply to driving time

ROG:

Basket:

The working time rules also apply to driving time

I was going to say that tbh, but I’m the last one to pick anybody up on all the crap associated with driver’s hours regs. :smiley:
So not as ‘simple’ as he thought then. :smiley:

Posting for a 2nd time as the mods deleted my original post for reasons I have no idea.

Instead of all the speculation and using your own interpretations of the rules, why not just refer to the sticky thread in the driver regs forum that explains it all for you ? :unamused: That’s what it’s there for to avoid the need for additional threads "my understanding is that… " and the endless arguing that always ensues. :bulb:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99021

dozy:
I don’t think it’s a very good policy to slag the old hands off , as the saying goes they’ll have forgot more than you know :exclamation: :exclamation:

Hi Dozy

No, I certainly wasn’t slagging the experienced drivers off. I’m sorry if it came across that way, I was simply bemused by them telling me I needed to have had my 45 mins break, either in total or in 15+30, by 9 hours, irrespective of when I’d had a 15 minute 6 hour break. Topped with the lack of infringements I seemed to be getting, just left me wondering.

The old hands, as I called them… great guys with fantastic banter!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My money is that most of the infringements is down to the other drivers taking their breaks by midday and thinking that covers them for the rest of the day, then working past 6pm without a further break.

Just keep it simple and have a 45 before you reach your 4.5hrs driving time or 6hrs working time - which ever comes first. Job done!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Beef:
Just keep it simple and have a 45 before you reach your 4.5hrs driving time or 6hrs working time - which ever comes first. Job done!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Problem with that is this =
Drive 4 + other work 2
Break 45 mins
Drive 4 + other work 3 = oops :open_mouth: :unamused: