5 dead in M6 crash

I don’t any of the circumstances of this crash, but you have to ask yourself what on earth were they thinking 6 adults in a Nissan Micra for god sake :unamused:

All the same its a tragic loss of human life.

bald bloke:

nick2008:
6 adults in a vehicle that’s constructed to carry a max 5 :open_mouth: there has to be blame from the car driver somewhere.

Clearly at least one of them didn’t have a seat belt on.

I would bet money that none of the four in the back were belted, there is no way that you’d fit four seated in the back if three or even just two were wearing the belts, heck it’d have been a struggle if just one adult decided to belt up and would have probably been met with derision from the other three attempting to get remotely comfortable.

Not saying being belted would have helped or not, and I’m not saying anything regarding fault or blame either, just responding directly to the post I quoted.

Have the identities of those in the micra been released yet?

6 people in a Nissan Micra…?

Who was sitting on whose lap?

Doesn’t absolve the lorry driver of any culpability if he is at fault, but some questions need to be asked of the driver of the Micra…dangerous to overload the Micra like that.

Quality reporting by the sun had a picture saying the doors and roof had been ripped off in the smash because they where in a pile infront of the car. No you ■■■■ wombles that’s where the emergency services placed them after cutting them off the car to get to the people inside.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I got caught up in the aftermath of this today; and of the M40 fatal yesterday. Sobering, and serves as a poignant reality check.

As mentioned above, the arrest is standard in a significant fatal investigation like this. As is recovering any vehicle deemed to have been involved, no matter how slight.

RIP

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Past it this morning it’s just after the exit slip from Keele services all the boards were up so couldn’t see much apart from what looked like a truck from the Irish firm that have orange trucks pulling the White fridge trailers don’t know their name but it’s in black writing. That was behind the boards and at the front of the scene. There was also a Mercades artic on the hard shoulder just outside the crash scene with what looked like slight damage to the front bottom section around the bumper and grill. RIP to those who have died :neutral_face:

Sounds like some serious rubbernecking going on there.

The insurance for the Micra will be null and void as it was seriously overloaded. And if it’s the driver who has survived, and it often is, I wouldn’t like to be in his shoes!!

raymundo:
6 people in a Micra, not really big enough for 4 … Condolences to the families of the deceased.

I was listening to this story on BBC news, how do you get 6 adults into a Nissan Micra ? Surely this could have something to do with the accident ?

Supatramp:
The insurance for the Micra will be null and void as it was seriously overloaded. And if it’s the driver who has survived, and it often is, I wouldn’t like to be in his shoes!!

Micro driver pronounced dead

Suedehead:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Past it this morning it’s just after the exit slip from Keele services all the boards were up so couldn’t see much apart from what looked like a truck from the Irish firm that have orange trucks pulling the White fridge trailers don’t know their name but it’s in black writing. That was behind the boards and at the front of the scene. There was also a Mercades artic on the hard shoulder just outside the crash scene with what looked like slight damage to the front bottom section around the bumper and grill. RIP to those who have died :neutral_face:

Sounds like some serious rubbernecking going on there.

Not really I can’t help it if traffic has come to a stop to see what’s going off. What do you expect me to do like? Just plough straight through the lot of them? :unamused:

I do feel for the Manfreight driver. I can’t imagine the horror and we all make mistakes. I do wonder though if that car was correctly loaded with a max of 4 occupants wether it would have been a fatal Accident at all

All the deceased were Romanian. RIP

Thoughts are with the driver.

SuperMultiBlue:
Thoughts are with the driver.

Must be something you never get over regardless of fault

nick2008:

Supatramp:

Micro driver pronounced dead

Yes I see that, it’s often the driver who survives. But what he was thinking about…!! RIP

mattecube:

no surprise there then…

they seem to run a new fleet of trucks so It would be interesting to know if the truck had AEBS ? this seems the type of incident the system is designed for - I’m still curious if it works properly.

Bluey Circles:
they seem to run a new fleet of trucks so It would be interesting to know if the truck had AEBS ? this seems the type of incident the system is designed for - I’m still curious if it works properly.

Haaa. With the amount of 'professional ’ Old timers ’ decrying that system, who knows.

dieseldog999:

mattecube:

no surprise there then…

How not? The occupants were Romanian? Most people in Britain are not.

The people who died on the accident were Romanian? Most people who die in accidents on Britain’s roads are not Romanian…

Go on. How was it not a surprise.

(Being a lovable Scots Irish rogue doesn’t make you a lovable Scots Irish racist…)