M6 southbound 16-15

does anyone know what happened this morning i was going northbound about 5.15 but their was another truck overtaking me so i did’nt see much apart from a jacknifed truck up the embankment.

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45144

one fatality

I passed it about 08.15. Truck was jack-knifed across h/s and lanes 1& 2,camper van was stuck under rear of the trailer.Didn’t see a car,maybe it had already been moved.

I was heading north bound when all the cop cars were heading towards it. I seen a Corsa with the roof off but didnt catch too much of the other stuff.

I got on the M6 j15 s/b at 02.30 and saw an ambulance going n/b just as I got on.Between then and junction 8 at Brum,saw 6 police cars going n/b with the blues on.Thought then it must be something serious!

latestfrom stoke local paper
A TEENAGE man has died and three people injured after two crashes on the M6.

Police were called out to reports of a collision between a car and lorry on the southbound carriageway between junction 15 and 16 before 2.55am this morning.

A 19-year-old man driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene.

Another person was then seriously injured after a campervan collided with the accident wreckage.

The road had been closed while ongoing investigations are made by officers from the Central Motorway Policing Group, although was reopened at just before 11am.
Click here!

A spokesman for Staffordshire Police said the road is likely to remain closed for "some

considerable hours."

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “There had been a collision involving a jackknifed lorry, a car and a VW campervan.

“A male passenger in the car was confirmed dead at the scene.

“The driver of the car, a woman in her 20s, the driver of the campervan, a man in his 40s both had minor injuries.

“A woman in her 20s who was a passenger in the camper, had head, chest, pelvic and limb injuries.

“All three were immobilised with the use of spinal boards and neck collars and were taken to the University Hospital of North Staffordshire for further assessment and treatment.”

No further details of the motorists involved have been released at this stage.

Any witnesses are asked to call the Central Motorway Policing Group on 0121 626 1285.

Highlander:

please note the muppet in the white van applying his/her brakes whilst driving in the middle lane :angry: just so he/she can take a look at the accident-thats another accident waiting to happen if u ask me :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: