M6 J15-J14 today

Making my way back to Stoke today from Stanstead,I don’t know what possessed my to come up the M6 instead of the M1.
But then it all seemed quiet,until I heard at about 10.00 on BBC2 that the M6 s/b was closed between J15 and J14 because of an accident.
However there was nothing on the overhead matrix n/b,not even just before J14,otherwise I would have come off there and up the A34.
Traffic was coming back on at J14,but nothing s/b on the motorway.
Just before Stafford msa there was a warning “60 KEEP YOUR DISTANCE”.
Then it was a slow down to a crawl for the next 3 miles or so to the scene.Two smashed up motor cycles across 3 lanes.
Immediately after the accident scene of course everyone sped up.
The queue behind the accident was about 2 miles long,but the police were turning vehicles around and sending them back north on the s/b carriageway.
When I came off at J15,it was chaos.With s/b traffic on the M6 being brought off at J15,plus s/b traffic coming back north,and n/b traffic all converging on the roundabout at the end off the A500,it took me nearly half an hour to get to that roundabout,and I could see that the A500 was chocka going towards Stoke,so I managed to get over to the left and took the A519 over Clayton and into Newcastle.
Cost me an hour altogether,but then I’m paid by the hour!

The three lanes in front are the convergance of the n/b and s/b exit slip roads,the traffic on the far right is the s/b traffic coming back down the s/b entrance slip.
Traffic going around the roundabout is coming down the A500 to get on the M6 and is being turned around.
What a ■■■■ up!

This?
stokesentinel.co.uk/Biker-63 … story.html

That’s the one.

I was lucky, only got held up for 5 mins at the roundabout, unlike the poor soul on the bike who didn’t make it RIP.

Did you see the lorry tyre casing on the carriageway at the scene of the accident? el plod were having a good nosey at it.

Last night was one of those nights, starting off from Stoke going to Avonmouth and J15 was shut so down the A34 to J14, then someone had spread a caravan over the carriageway at J13 closing two lanes, then the M6 was shut 10 to 7 so down the Black country route for the M5. The M5 was shut J8 to J9 and also at the M4 to top the night off :confused:

Didn’t take these pictures whilst moving before any accusations haha!!
I was on my way back from a drop in Birmingham went to palletline 19 pallets of wine to be shipped to Dublin.

I did feel sorry for everyone. In this heat gridlocked for hours! I even saw people lying on their car roofs sunbathing!

HGV tyre blow-out looks like the possible cause of the accident.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … paign=1490

the dead biker and his pillion are 2 good friends of mine, to say im devastated would be an understatement!

as i hear on the grapevine the lorry had a blowout, a car swerved to avoid the blowout and took out the bikers…

RIP Tony, ride free up there mate and get well soon Wendy… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

B…

Such sad news. Hopefully this reminds some of the importance of checking tyres properly (I’m not saying the driver involved hadn’t done so)

m1cks:
Such sad news. Hopefully this reminds some of the importance of checking tyres properly (I’m not saying the driver involved hadn’t done so)

About the same time as this accident happened,I was just north of Corley msa when I flagged down a Wincanton driver as I passed him as he had a partially deflated tyre on his trailer,another potential accident?

Anyone noticed the Safe Tyres Saves Lives slogan on the matrix signs near Stoke this week.

I suppose Even Though The Cyclist Was Hit By A Car Were Going To Blame The HGV Driver Anyway wouldn’t fit on the sign.

Trying to find out if the tyre was somehow defective but can’t find anything.

In yesterday’s paper,it says the biker who died was a Tony Arrandale aged 63 and a Falkland’s vet.
RIP mate.