48 Hour Average

kcrussell25:

Freight Dog:
Wtd is a an HSE workplace thing, not DVSA and Police, hence no applicable fines. HSE don’t even bother regulating it it seems.

Nobody cares. Right up until you have an accident and kill someone and they start looking into things…

Absolutely spot on…these guys will be after you like a shot if there’s money in it :wink:

you-can-be-funny.com/Funny-L … Names.html

kcrussell25:

Freight Dog:
Wtd is a an HSE workplace thing, not DVSA and Police, hence no applicable fines. HSE don’t even bother regulating it it seems.

Nobody cares. Right up until you have an accident and kill someone and they start looking into things…

Oh absolutely. That goes without saying. I was just echoeing as had been said above that it isn’t currently enforced. That does not mean someone should work for a firm that ignores it.

All I’ve found about the WTD and 48 hour average - is that it prevents one getting paid overtime if one’s contract week is 48 hours from the off.

“Overtime would put you over your hours, so you cannot book any. You can WORK it, and sleight it away with POA and Breaks - but Not for Pay!”

Winseer:
All I’ve found about the WTD and 48 hour average - is that it prevents one getting paid overtime if one’s contract week is 48 hours from the off.

“Overtime would put you over your hours, so you cannot book any. You can WORK it, and sleight it away with POA and Breaks - but Not for Pay!”

I’ve no idea where you found that but it’s nonsense, you can average 48 hours working time per week over the reference period.

There’s nothing to stop you booking and being paid for breaks and POA on top of the working time.

Sent from my mobile.