Confused

Hello all, hope someone can shed some light on this for me.
Mon - Off
Tues - work 12 hrs
Wed - work 12 hrs
Thurs - Off
Fri - Off
Sat - Holiday
Sunday - work 12 hrs
I asked to work on Friday and was told I can’t because I get paid 12 hrs for holiday on Sat so if I work 12hrs Fri that would be a 60 hrs week even though I am actually on holiday.

Basilpot:
Mon - Off
Tues - work 12 hrs
Wed - work 12 hrs
Thurs - Off
Fri - Off
Sat - Holiday
Sunday - work 12 hrs
I asked to work on Friday and was told I can’t because I get paid 12 hrs for holiday on Sat so if I work 12hrs Fri that would be a 60 hrs week even though I am actually on holiday.

WTD rules mean that sat counts as 8 hours work but EU driver regs counts sat as rest

I can only see 44 hours (12+12+12+8) in that lot and that assumes you are referring to working time and not shift time

Rule is max 60 working time not max 60 shift time

Thanks for reply. Yes it is for max working time but I was being told it was 12hrs for Sat rather than the 8 which is what I thought it should be.

Basilpot:
Mon - Off
Tues - work 12 hrs
Wed - work 12 hrs
Thurs - Off
Fri - Off
Sat - Holiday
Sunday - work 12 hrs

Basilpot:
Yes it is for max working time

As far as the 60 hours maximum working time per week is concerned it makes not one iota of difference that you’re being paid 12 hours for Saturdays holiday.

Saturdays holiday will count as 8 hours for the average 48 hour week but it doesn’t affect the 60 hours working time per week limit.

Whether or not you could legally work Friday would depend on what weekly rest periods you’ve had in previous weeks but even if you did 12 hours on Friday you would still be doing less than 48 hours working time in the fixed week.

tachograph:
Whether or not you could legally work Friday would depend on what weekly rest periods you’ve had in previous weeks but even if you did 12 hours on Friday you would still be doing less than 48 hours working time in the fixed week.

That’s my thought too