Help with rtd please

To settle a difference of opinion. My opinion is when you take a full week off, you count this as 48 hours towards the average within the current reference period. Odd days would count as 8 hours. i think this only applies to the standard 20 statutory days, and any over this could actually be used to reduce.

Someone else says the holiday week is classed as “neutral time” whatever that means. I think were both meaning the same thing though as he also agrees that holidays cannot be used to reduce time but dissagrees about counting it as 48 hours.

You have to know these things when you have a transport office where one of 'em thinks the rtd is not even in place, another who thinks you can do 3 ten hour drives a week, and another, who says you have to take the 30 minute break first followed by the 15 :laughing: :open_mouth:

Thanks for any help chaps…

You my friend are right.

I think the 8 hr thing applies to as many statutary holidays as your firm gives you. Any days above these count as reductions.

sidan:
To settle a difference of opinion. My opinion is when you take a full week off, you count this as 48 hours towards the average within the current reference period. Odd days would count as 8 hours. i think this only applies to the standard 20 statutory days, and any over this could actually be used to reduce.

You’re right on all of that. Especially worthy of note is the bit about only statutory days counting towards your average. If your employer gives you more than the statutory minimum then the extra days count as zero hours for rtd/wtd purposes.

Paul

Thanks a lot chaps.

is my understanding correct that if i am off sick, that also counts towards working time…?

Yes, the same as holidays. You still also build up holiday entitlement as well whilst off sick. The only time that doesn’t count is when you’ve been told to stay at home cos there’s no work or you’ve exceeded your hours.