Rtd (wtd) & annual leave

OK. I’m getting bored and I wondered, for no apparent reason, what the answer to this was :slight_smile:

A driver on days does 4 on and then 2 off
Each shift is 12 hours
2 hours of that are break/POA
1 hour is other work
9 hours driving

No probs with driving hours as the 90 in every two consequtive weeks is ok
No probs with daily or weekly rest periods
If the average 48 is over 26 weeks is 26 X 7 = 182 days less 60 days off = 122 days X 10 hours = 1220 hours divide by 26 = 47 per week (approx) so that seems ok (if my maths are correct :laughing: )

Now we get to the questons :wink:

If the driver takes 4 consecutive days off on annual leave is that counted as a full week (48 hours) for the RTD (WTD) :question:

If yes -
Is taking (1) tue, wed ,thu & fri off the same as taking (2) sat, sun. mon & tue as (2) spans two seperate fixed weeks :question:

Hi Rog

to your first Q no only 4 days at 8 hours per day and cos he would in fact be working 5 from 7

to your next Q

as it spans across weeks it by the day of 8 hours

Note: You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning. Any other period of 7 consecutive days (e.g. Wednesday to Tuesday)
should be worked out on a daily basis).

delboytwo:
to your first Q no only 4 days at 8 hours per day and cos he would in fact be working 5 from 7

Sun & mon off
Tue, wed, thu & fri annual leave
Sat & sun off

is that working 5 from 7 in a fixed week :question:

This is an interesting situation as one answer would mean 48 hours and the other would mean 32 hours towards the RTD (WTD) - that’s a 16 hour difference!!

ROG:

delboytwo:

Sun & mon off
Sat & sun off

is that working 5 from 7 in a fixed week :question:

ROG

is not the point in a normal week the driver would work 5 days and for WTD/RTD he his only taking 4 days of not 5 days

if as you show in the example its still only 4 days its just lucky that the driver as the to weekend off

if the driver book 48 hours he would do him self out of hours as 4 x 8 = 32 hours

so the firm would book the hours as days not week unless he did a full weeks leave

Note: You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning. Any other period of 7 consecutive days (e.g. Wednesday to Tuesday)

Sun & mon off
Sat & sun off

according to the quote above then in this fixed week it is 48 hours - am I correct :question:

ROG:

Sun & mon off
Sat & sun off

according to the quote above then in this fixed week it is 48 hours - am I correct :question:

in the above quote there is this

You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave

don’t think of when he take the days off just ask you this is 4 days a week in is normal working week i think not

his normal week is 5 days not for just cos he works 4 on and two of

i have worked this shift and have had Holiday of 4 days and a week off and as we worked a 4 on 2 off

i would come back to work on the rota which in my case ran for 13 weeks and then shifted

so i would have 5 days of but in fact could be away for 9 days cos 5 days for my holiday and for days off as rota

You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning.

You must put the full quote in or it will have a different meaning :wink: :slight_smile:

The but you missed from the quote which states ‘for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning’ which the case I cited does.

The same would be true for this as it fits in the fixed week that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning
Mon & tue off
Wed, thu, fri & sat annual leave
Sun & mon off

ROG:

You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning.

You must put the full quote in or it will have a different meaning :wink: :slight_smile:

The but you missed from the quote states ‘for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning’ which the case I cited does.

The same would be true for this as it fits in the fixed week that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning
Mon & tue off
Wed, thu, fri & sat annual leave
Sun & mon off

Rog but he as not taken 1 weeks leave he took 4 days the guy would work 5 days in a week not 4

If the driver takes 4 consecutive days off on annual leave is that counted as a full week (48 hours) for the RTD (WTD)

in you O/P you asked this

and the answer is no cos 4 days leave is not a week in his shift his week is 5 days

In the fixed week - did the driver work on any day :question:

Rog ask yourself this how may days dos he work in a average week

is 4 days leave classed as a week in his contract for the purposes of RTD

and if 4 days is classed as a week and he asks for 5 days of would that make 48 hours plus 8 hours leave for WTD

ROG:

no but he only had 4 day leave the rest were days off as per his rota

ROG:

delboytwo:
no but he only had 4 day leave the rest were days off as per his rota

So therefore within the fixed week the driver did no work so the A/L taken would be 48 hours for RTD (WTD) purposes according to the quote you posted.

I’m glad you found that quote at it shows that a driver doing these sort of shifts is better off making sure that A/L either spans 2 fixed weeks or at least one work day is done in that fixed week so as to count the A/L as individual days off.

Rog the termanology is a week or a day and as you said 4 days its classed as 4 days

you are useing a part of the rota that only pops up every 6 weeks

but as working time is based on the average working time

because of the shift you are using it works better to do days than weeks for WTD cos

if you counted as weeks he would be puting extra hours on is working time

and if the worker did take the holiday every six week and did it for 5 weeks he would be puting an extra 48 hours of work on is WTD

If you can find a quote that says an A/L week is 5 days then that will be different :wink:

ROG:
If you can find a quote that says an A/L week is 5 days then that will be different :wink:

as you have ask

is the 4 days that the worker as taken as leave a week

or does the worker do 5 days in a week and that would make it a week

if i worked a normal week mon to fri and had 4 day leave it would be 4 days for working time

so i work for a firm and do 4 on and 2 off ask boss for a week holiday and book it as a week would not have to return Tues (based on you example)

will add that if i had 4 days would be back at work mon (based on you example)

3.5 Calculating the average when leave is taken
You cannot use statutory annual leave, sick leave, maternity, paternity, adoption or parental
leave in order to reduce the average working time performed during the reference period. So
when calculating the average weekly working time, any maternity, paternity, adoption,
parental leave, sick leave - as well as the statutory paid annual leave entitlement must not
affect the result of your calculation.
This is a little more complicated, but it can be done by adding 48 hours for each week of
annual leave that is taken and adding 8 hours for each additional leave day that is taken.

delboytwo:
if i worked a normal week mon to fri and had 4 day leave it would be 4 days for working time

Correct as you are still working for one day within the fixed week but in the two examples I gave there are no days worked within the fixed week as per the quote you found -

ROG:

delboytwo:

Correct as you are still working for one day within the fixed week but in the two examples I gave there are no days worked within the fixed week as per the quote you found -

Rog please read the quote as the driver book a weeks leave no he book 4 days

did his holiday starts mon no co thats one of his days of his holiday starts tues (based on you example)

I have read it very carefully.

It clearly says that You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on Monday morning and on the two examples I gave that is exactly the case.

From 00.00 on Monday morning to 00.00 on Monday morning the driver does not work at all but during which time the driver takes 4 days of A/L which means that the driver is not working all week.
With days off followed by A/L followed by days off in that fixed week is a week of A/L according to the quote you found.

Is a working week for the driver defined by the number of hours they do or by the number of days they work :question: If yes, where is that written :question:

In one fixed week, is someone who works say 3 days of 15 hours any different to one who works 5 days of 9 hours - both are 45 hours :question: :question:

ROG:
I have read it very carefully.

It clearly says that You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on Monday morning and on the two examples I gave that is exactly the case.

From 00.00 on Monday morning to 00.00 on Monday morning the driver does not work at all but during which time the driver takes 4 days of A/L which means that the driver is not working all week.
With days off followed by A/L followed by days off in that fixed week is a week of A/L according to the quote you found.

Is a working week for the driver defined by the number of hours they do or by the number of days they work :question: If yes, where is that written :question:

In one fixed week, is someone who works say 3 days of 15 hours any different to one who works 5 days of 9 hours - both are 45 hours :question: :question:

in you example did the worker start is holiday on Monday no it was Tues the Monday was a day off and part of is rota as the quote say STARTS Monday

looking at the shift 4 on 2 off there is no way in it that if he took 4 days off could be counted as a week and there is only once in six weeks that he starts a week on Monday but in that week he would work 5 days so the 4 days leave would be and only could be counted as days and therefore put down 32 hours holiday

unless the worker took more 4 days and than yes