Rtd (wtd) & annual leave

You seem to have a fixation on a five day working week - where does that come from :question:

ROG:
You seem to have a fixation on a five day working week - where does that come from :question:

how many days does he work in a week

Rog this is a 4 on 2 of rota

w =work
o =off

week 1

mon w
tues w
wed w
thurs w
fri o
sat o
sun w

week 2

mon w
tues w
wed w
thurs o
fri o
sat w
sun w

week 3

mon w
tues w
wed o
thurs o
fri w
sat w
sun w

week 4

mon w
tues o
wed o
thurs w
fri w
sat w
sun w

week 5

mon o
tues o
wed w
thurs w
fri w
sat w
sun o

week 6

mon o
tues w
wed w
thurs w
fri w
sat o
sun o

then it starts again

so how may day on average does the worker work in a week on a 4 on 2 off week the answer is 5 days

an as you will see your example turns up at week 6

and if you weeks holiday starts on a Monday and you do not go to work till Mon following you would book 48 hours but as your example start is holiday on Tues its mid week and therefore is counted as days

delboytwo:

ROG:

Within the fixed week in can be 4 or 5 when doing 4 on 2 off

your example turns up at week 6

and week 5

For A/L in the first 4 weeks, 5 days would need to be taken off to fulfill the requirement of A/L during the fixed week but only 4 days would need to be taken off in weeks 5 & 6 to do the same

ROG:

delboytwo:

ROG:

Within the fixed week in can be 4 or 5 when doing 4 on 2 off

your example turns up at week 6

and week 5

your counting the rota day which is is normal day of and therefore not is Holiday as part of is A/L but its not the first day off of is leave is Tues based on you example

You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on Monday morning

in your example does is leave start Monday

You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on Monday morning

That is the same fixed week that is used for the tacho regs.

A full weeks holiday would have to include ALL the normal duty time within that period which would be 4 or 5 days depending on what the normal days of work for within that fixed week period according to the quote you found

going on the rota can the worker takes 4 days of that starts on a Monday and do no work till the following Monday

no

going on the rota can the worker takes 5 days off that starts Monday and do no more work till the following Monday and therefore meet the quote

yes

and cos he started is A/L on tues based on you example

Note: You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning. Any other period of 7 consecutive days (e.g. Wednesday to Tuesday)
should be worked out on a daily basis).

we are not taking about Tacho regs

ROG:

That is the same fixed week that is used for the tacho regs.

A full weeks holiday would have to include ALL the normal duty time within that period which would be 4 or 5 days depending on what the normal days of work for within that fixed week period according to the quote you found

that is not the same

cos a week starts on Monday 00.00 and end Sunday 24.00 for tacho regs

look at it this way Rog do in your example do the 4 days A/L start on Monday

I know - I was just pointing out that the FIXED time frames are the same :slight_smile:

Not sure where this quote is from but I’ll assume it is from the WTD regs…

Note: You should only input 48 hours for one week of leave that starts / finishes 00.00 on
Monday morning. Any other period of 7 consecutive days (e.g. Wednesday to Tuesday)

If the driver takes 4 consecutive days off on annual leave is that counted as a full week (48 hours) for the RTD (WTD) :question:
ANSWER - Depends on what days are taken off in relation to the fixed week

If yes -
Is taking (1) tue, wed ,thu & fri off the same as taking (2) sat, sun. mon & tue as (2) spans two seperate fixed weeks :question:
ANSWER - (1) would be 48 hours for the RTD (WTD)
ANSWER - (2) would be 32 hours for the RTD (WTD)

I always thought that Monday 0000 was the same as Sunday 2400 :wink:

look at it this way Rog do in your example do the 4 days A/L start on Monday

If the first day of A/l was on the Monday then the folowing Sunday would also need to be taken as A/L to make all the days in that fixed week compliant for a full week of WTD A/L

If the first day of A/L is in the Tuesday or Wednesday then no more needs to be taken to fulfill that requirement

ROG:

I know - I was just pointing out that the FIXED time frames are the same :slight_smile:

Not sure where this quote is from but I’ll assume it is from the WTD regs…

If the driver takes 4 consecutive days off on annual leave is that counted as a full week (48 hours) for the RTD (WTD) :question:
ANSWER - Depends on what days are taken off in relation to the fixed week

If yes -
Is taking (1) tue, wed ,thu & fri off the same as taking (2) sat, sun. mon & tue as (2) spans two seperate fixed weeks :question:

yes Rog from the regs

ROG:

I always thought that Monday 0000 was the same as Sunday 2400 :wink:

no Rog cos it says sunday not monday so there :laughing: :wink:

If yes -

answer 1
Rog did the holiday start on Monday, no it started tues and as it did not start monday it would count as days not as a week

answer 1
Rog did the holiday start on Monday, no it started tues and as it did not start monday it would count as days not as a week

Where does it say that A/L must start on a Monday :question: :exclamation: :exclamation:

ROG:

answer 1

Where does it say that A/L must start on a Monday :question: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Is taking (1) tue, wed ,thu & fri off the same as taking

i am basing my post on you post if you look at it the holiday starts Tues in you posts

and as you holiday starts tues

Any other period of 7 consecutive days (e.g. Wednesday to Tuesday)
should be worked out on a daily basis

so in you post did you not say that it was tues the first day of the A/L

I don’t think you have quite grasped something -
The annual leave period starts on Monday 0000 and finishes the following Monday 0000 and it is WITHIN this period that the annual leave for the WTD is calculated - that period is the FIXED week (which just happens to be the same as the Tacho regs week).

so what we have to ask/say is - between the first monday 0000 and the next monday 0000 what annual leave has been taken and if that annual leave has covered every working day within that fixed week then it is a full weeks annual leave for the WTD - the number of days does not matter and when that leave is started does not matter.

Heres another example which covers 8 days of annual leave and how it works if the quote you gave is correct. I 'll mark the fixed week points with X

fri sat sun &X mon on
tue & Wed off
thu fri sat sunX A/L - single days each 8 hours for WTD as mon was worked
mon & tue off
wed thu fri sat A/L - full week of 48 hours for WTD as all days in the fixed week not worked
sun X& mon off
tue wed thu fri on

ROG:
I don’t think you have quite grasped something -
The annual leave period starts on Monday 0000 and finishes the following Monday 0000 and it is WITHIN this period that the annual leave for the WTD is calculated - that period is the FIXED week (which just happens to be the same as the Tacho regs week).

so what we have to ask/say is - between the first monday 0000 and the next monday 0000 what annual leave has been taken and if that annual leave has covered every working day within that fixed week then it is a full weeks annual leave for the WTD - the number of days does not matter and when that leave is started does not matter.

Heres another example which covers 8 days of annual leave and how it works if the quote you gave is correct. I 'll mark the fixed week points with X

fri sat sun &X mon on
tue & Wed off
thu fri sat sunX A/L - single days each 8 hours for WTD as mon was worked
mon & tue off
wed thu fri sat A/L - full week of 48 hours for WTD as all days in the fixed week not worked
sun X& mon off
tue wed thu fri on

it is not a fixed week its a point of reference to when the holidays start IE Monday if you holidays start Tues as there did in you O/P its counted as days

if your holiday starts Mon and last til Mon you book a full 48 hours

mon & tue off

the above post as no sunday in it

100% wrong

the start of your leave is wednesday

your week start that week wednesday

Any other period of 7 consecutive days (e.g. Wednesday to Tuesday)
should be worked out on a daily basis

the days off are not counted as part of your holiday so Mon and Tues are from last week and can not be counted as part of the new week

on a 4 on 2 offf shift you start your new week when you start your 4 on

it is not a fixed week its a point of reference to when the holidays start IE Monday if you holidays start Tues as there did in you O/P its counted as days

If you wish to believe that then fine :slight_smile:

But does that really make sense to you :question:

All annual leaves must start on a monday to qualify to be a one week annual leave for the WTD :exclamation: :exclamation: - yeh, right :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

If you wish to believe that then fine :slight_smile:

But does that really make sense to you :question:

All annual leaves must start on a monday to qualify to be a one week annual leave for the WTD :exclamation: :exclamation: - yeh, right :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so let put it this way

worker one

Monday to Friday sat and sun off
books a week of when does is holiday start IMO Monday when does it finish monday, 48 hours for wtd

worker two

works a 4 on 2 off shift
asks for a 4 days off
which start Tues counts as days 32 hours for wtd

worker three

works 4 on 2 off
asks for 5 days off the holiday starts Mon and and would have to be back to work Mon and therefore would indeed book a full week for WTD cos the weeks leave started on Monday and finshed Monday

I’ve had enough fun now so I will await a GURU for the definitive answer - I’m sure one will be along soon…