WTD question

So i know a holiday counts as 9hrs towards your average 48hrs, does being off sick count towards it, or is it like rest?

NewLad:
So i know a holiday counts as 9hrs towards your average 48hrs, does being off sick count towards it, or is it like rest?

Single statutory leave days count as 8 hours towards the 48 hour average, a whole fixed week counts as 48 hours, a holiday week that crosses 2 fixed weeks count as 8 hours per day.

It’s the same with sick days and maternity/paternity leave.

So the answer to your question is “yes” except it’s 8 hours not 9.

Ok then, how about s/e guys who don’t get paid for time off? Could taking a weeks holiday be the same as not having any work for a week for them guys with regards to the WTD?

the maoster:
Ok then, how about s/e guys who don’t get paid for time off? Could taking a weeks holiday be the same as not having any work for a week for them guys with regards to the WTD?

Does it matter?

No authority can be bothered and if they did a SE driver would be doing their own records and could put down what they like - who could attest to the fact that its wrong? - themselves!!

the maoster:

A self employed driver doesn’t have statutory holidays, a weeks leave is a weeks leave and would result in the average being reduced.

That’s the way I read the regulations anyway :wink:

ROG:
Does it matter?

Well it matters to anyone who wants to comply with the law, or even anyone who wants to know what the regulations are so they know how far they can go in breaking the law.

tachograph:

NewLad:

Single statutory leave days count as 8 hours towards the 48 hour average, a whole fixed week counts as 48 hours, a holiday week that crosses 2 fixed weeks count as 8 hours per day.

It’s the same with sick days and maternity/paternity leave.

So the answer to your question is “yes” except it’s 8 hours not 9.

Thank you very much

Monday to Sunday off = 48 hours
Tuesday to Monday off = 40 hours

Another fantastically well thought out rule from the powers that be.

When it come to the WTD does anoyne give a Z/B?

I wouldn’t worry mate. It’s a stupid law that CANNOT be regulated.

Never worked under the WTD rules and never will.

macci:

Not me, but nearly every company I’ve worked at has insisted on drivers complying with the RT(WT)R.

tachograph:

macci:

Not me, but nearly every company I’ve worked at has insisted on drivers complying with the RT(WT)R.

If those companies did not comply then what will happen to them in reality?

ROG:

tachograph:

macci:

If they or their drivers were ever taken to court for other offences they would most likely also get done for WTD offences.

VOSA don’t enforce the RT(WT)R at the road-side but they and the police will use it to back up other offences in court.

tachograph:

ROG:

tachograph:

macci:

If they or their drivers were ever taken to court for other offences they would most likely also get done for WTD offences.

VOSA don’t enforce the RT(WT)R at the road-side but they and the police will use it to back up other offences in court.

Never heard of such in a court case but perhaps others have …

Why does it bother you so much that companies comply with the RT(WT)R ?

You seem to be obsessed with it :confused:

QUICK QUESTION - Am I right in presuming that there is no ‘opt out’ of the 48 hour week for drivers, in the way their is in industry, by simply signing a form?

The WTD is a new concept for me, as been away from HGV driving for a while, so not such a strange question as it first appears. :wink:

LIBERTY_GUY:
QUICK QUESTION - Am I right in presuming that there is no ‘opt out’ of the 48 hour week for drivers, in the way their is in industry, by simply signing a form?

You are right, there’s no opt out of the 48 hour week for mobile drivers.

The only part of the working time regulations for mobile workers that we can opt out of is the night working time limit of 10 hours.

Thanks ‘Tachograph’. :slight_smile:

tachograph:
Why does it bother you so much that companies comply with the RT(WT)R ?

You seem to be obsessed with it :confused:

Its just that so many go on about a law where it reality it seems it is not enforced on any level

So with that in mind why do so many ask questions about it?

If no driver or company bothered about it at all then I cannot see anything happening to those parties because the only reason it is on the statute is because the EU says it must be there but does not state that it must be enforced